Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
Addventure index update
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
The September update has been posted.  Anonymous51 was once again the top author for the month.

We had fewer than usual episodes this month.  I think we can guess why.  Probably worse next month.

A new French episode was added to the Other Languages page.

Usual monthly updates otherwise!
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

Anonymous51

• A Cup
Re: Addventure index update
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »
I didn't even really have that many episodes.  Definitely less than the previous month.  And I still got first place.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
I would have had more had I remembered to sign my name, oh well. Also keep getting Internal Server Errors when I try to make an episode today.

Anonymous51

• A Cup
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:48:03 AM »
Also keep getting Internal Server Errors when I try to make an episode today.

That's been happening to me a lot too.  I've already complained about it.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:23:47 PM »
Ever since the site revamp, the server keeps getting bogged down in memory.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Thanks, Adama.

I've been away on vacation since September 10th. I see to have picked a good time to be away!
JH

PyroWild

• A Cup
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
I would have had more had I remembered to sign my name, oh well. Also keep getting Internal Server Errors when I try to make an episode today.

Yeah, I'm going to have to chime in about this, too. Before now, it was just a minor nuisance, but tonight it's gone up to the point of taking over a dozen tries just to post anything. Posting anything is hair-tearingly frustrating.

Seriously, what's it going to take to scrap this supposed "update" and go back to the previous version of the BEArchive? Pretty much everything about the "New BEArchive" is a steaming pile of embarrassment.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 04:40:29 AM »

Yeah, I'm going to have to chime in about this, too. Before now, it was just a minor nuisance, but tonight it's gone up to the point of taking over a dozen tries just to post anything. Posting anything is hair-tearingly frustrating.

Seriously, what's it going to take to scrap this supposed "update" and go back to the previous version of the BEArchive? Pretty much everything about the "New BEArchive" is a steaming pile of embarrassment.

I heartily agree. I can't think of a more efficient way to kill off the Addventure. With Anime-Addventure dead, this is the only one of its kind (that I know of) that's left on the net. Nowhere else are there authors writing regular addventure-style fanfics of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, NGE and others.

dkc718

• A Cup
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
I feel I need to balance out the negativity.

Adama and this site owes me NOTHING!  I've had a blast over the past decade and a half writing stuff, reading stuff, stretching what it means to be a story, working on my muscles.  I'll be here as long as it exists because I really really enjoy it and the price is right.  It's only because of this place that I even tried the paid site.  Which is ok, and I might go back to it someday. 

But this place is it.  Adama, whoever you are, you rock.  The universe is a better place because of your work and if the refresh makes it harder for casual people to post, then let's keep the cream and everyone else can get the skim milk.

Cheers!

PyroWild

• A Cup
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
I feel I need to balance out the negativity.

Adama and this site owes me NOTHING!  I've had a blast over the past decade and a half writing stuff, reading stuff, stretching what it means to be a story, working on my muscles.  I'll be here as long as it exists because I really really enjoy it and the price is right.  It's only because of this place that I even tried the paid site.  Which is ok, and I might go back to it someday. 

But this place is it.  Adama, whoever you are, you rock.  The universe is a better place because of your work and if the refresh makes it harder for casual people to post, then let's keep the cream and everyone else can get the skim milk.

Cheers!

Not sure what makes you think I have a problem with Adama; he had nothing to do with the update I'm talking about. As near as I could tell, he didn't know anything about it until it happened, just like the rest of us.

The BEAddventure has been great for as long as I've been a part of it, it's the BEArchive that sucks. Unfortunately, the performance of the former is tied to the latter.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:40:43 AM by PyroWild »

dkc718

• A Cup
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
Sorry, Pyro, it wasn't about you specifically.  I think I folded some of the things in this thread with some of the other ones I'd been reading. 

I think you're 100% spot on in differentiating between BEAddventure and BEArchive and I will be sure to do the same.

Thanks

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 06:06:22 PM »
I think most people understand that while I have full control over the Addventure software and files themselves (except when someone else screws up file permissions), I have no control over the access to it (now via login) and no control over the server it runs on...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:26:00 AM by Adama »

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »
There may be some good news. Just now I was able to access the addventure and even post a couple of comments without having to login first. I know for certain that I wasn't logged in, as when I then went to the Forum I could see that I wasn't. (I've now logged in to post this, of course.)
JH

Anonymous51

• A Cup
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 11:07:55 PM »
Yeah, that has happened for me too ... but it doesn't last forever.  It seems that after a certain amount of time, perhaps a day, I'm forced to log in again.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:34:14 AM »
Sadly, the same applied here.
JH