Search
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:41:03 AM »
Until a while ago, I was able to search for particular things in the addventure through refined google searches, but it all comes out blank now, what changed?

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
Re: Search
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Because a login is now required to access the Addventure, Google can no longer index the pages.  Hopefully the BEA will be persuaded to change that.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
On a semi-related note, maybe it's just me but for the last year or two, I haven't been able to search Bimbo via refined Google Searches.

I think someone nuked that, so even if the Log-In issue did get reverted, kind of a pain in the ass to search stuff with only the tags.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:20:54 AM »
That seems very odd. I can imagine various obscene or sexual words that Google might decide to ban from being used as search terms, but it's hard to believe that "bimbo" would be one of them.
JH

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »
On a semi-related note, maybe it's just me but for the last year or two, I haven't been able to search Bimbo via refined Google Searches.

I've noticed this too. Also, for me at least Google searches still kinda works if I'm logged in in another tab (even in incognito mode).

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 05:07:24 AM »
The good news is that, now that a login is no longer required, using Google to search the addventure works again. Out of curiosity, I tried searching for "bimbo" and no matches were found. I then thought that I'd get clever and search for "bimb", but that didn't work either.
JH

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 01:28:08 PM »
What makes it even stranger is that if you just put the single word "bimbo" into Google, i.e. don't restrict it to searching the addventure, you get plenty of hits.
JH

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:19:24 AM »
The good news is that, now that a login is no longer required, using Google to search the addventure works again. Out of curiosity, I tried searching for "bimbo" and no matches were found. I then thought that I'd get clever and search for "bimb", but that didn't work either.

I would imagine it'll take a while for the Google bots to re-find the addventure and catalogue it all, give it a few days and try again.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:21 AM »
But prior to searching for "bimbo" I'd done another search (I can't remember for what" and got plenty of hits.
JH

HC

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »
Just tried to look for the Secret Bimbo Outbreak on the new Google Search our of curiosity. Didn't work. Bimbofication also doesn't work.

Curiously, when you just write Secret Outbreak it shows the threads just fine. Is Bimbo a banned word for google or the BE addventure or something?

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 10:24:57 PM »
A very good question...

Interestingly I could search for "bimbo" on another site, and it found ONE result -- but I wonder if it found that one because the word was capitalized on that page?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:33:23 PM by Adama »
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
It's very mysterious. Just searching for "bimbo" non-site specifically turns up plenty of hits - amazingly, there appears to be a "Bimbo Bakeries USA" - so it doesn't seem to be Google's doing. And "bimbo" isn't one of the censored words on the BEArchive, so it's hard to see why (or even how, for that matter) the site would prevent searches for it.
JH

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 10:55:24 PM »
...amazingly, there appears to be a "Bimbo Bakeries USA"...

They're a big Mexican company that has bought up a bunch of American food brands -- Thomas's English Muffins, Sara Lee, Ball Park hot dogs. I've seen no evidence that eating their products causes bimboization, but you never know.

Anyway, I note that Bing has exactly the same "bimbo" search issues that Google does. Very bizarre.

HC

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »
Just in case anyone is curious, it still does not show anything if you look the BE addventure with the term Bimbo... very strange.. anyone have new information on why this is a thing?

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 04:01:22 PM »
I tried searching on "bim", but though there were seven hits none of those episodes contained "bimbo". (Though apparently "bim-boy" is OK.)
JH