Cutter

• X Cup
Other life
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:39:58 AM »
If there is indeed other life in our galaxy or the universe at large, I do not think they will be visiting us.

EVER.

I do believe that they are out there, I have been crunching numbers and doing frequency searches for SETI for well over 16 years on my home computer.

The reason I think they will be giving us the wide berth and avoidance is not our world leaders ( lack of) but the massive evidence that we are too stupid to deal with. 

This evidence? YOUTUBE and basic TV transmissions and well the internet in general.  My sister and I were having to watch Funniest Home Videos and with the general level of stupid in some of them, well those that are getting the transmissions  are seeing who and what we are. 

They pull up YouTube and, well you know it's the clearing house for dumb in about 60% of the videos.

Internet? Yes there is a large number of great and informative and educational sites, but the majority of sites shows that we should be avoided at all costs.

Are we too far gone as a society to save ourselves?  Or should we just pack it in.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
Re: Other life
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:45:56 AM »
Haha, I think life is funny that way, that stupid stuff tends to rise to to the top of entertainment.  I assume you saw the movie IDIOCRACY.  Mike Judge really nailed the future on that one.  Maybe all this stupidity is some kind of needed counterbalance to taking ourselves too seriously in the 20th century.  After all, being an intellectual has no reward these days.  It is better to hit the gym and look buff and to know all the latest dance moves than to have read a book.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Other life
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
A society without intellectuals, people who read, people who think, etc. is a society on its way to death.

I'm with Stephen Hawking: on the whole, I think it's a good thing that extraterrestials haven't come in contact with us, because they would have superior technology and weapons and would crush us like the cockroaches we are.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.