Trouble Adding Episodes
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:41:46 AM »
After taking full advantage of the wonderful Addventure for the longest time, I finally decided to get off my butt and start contributing some episodes of my own, but my debut has been something of a rocky start.

After stumbling on a restart that suited what I was in the mood to write about, I posted my first episode, but the normal link just brings it to a 'episode has not yet been created' page, despite it appearing on the recently added page and trying to reach it from it's predecessor doesn't work either. Yet, if you follow the link with a '?' at the end of the URL, it appears as I wrote it.

http://old.bearchive.com/~addventure/game1/docs/133/133852.html?

Today, I tried continuing off that with another episode, but I get an entirely different error saying the episode I am trying to edit wasn't created properly, and something about expired pages in my browser.

Was it something I did? I didn't think adding episodes was all that difficult...

JH_

• F Cup
Re: Trouble Adding Episodes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Regarding the first problem you had, it sounds like you need to refresh your browser's cache. How you do that will depend on which browser you're using, but it should be very easy.

With the second problem, did you try to add your follow-up episode from the url with the ? at the end? You need to do it from the url without the ?.

I expect Adama will be along soon with a fuller and better explanation.
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:58:44 PM »
JH is correct about the refresh issue.  It's a byproduct of how this site works when you write.

The second issue doesn't sound familiar.  If refreshing doesn't fix it, can you try posting a screenshot here or at least be more specific about what the error says?
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
Refreshing the cache and whatnot seemed to do the trick. Same with posting that second episode. I can only assume that whatever caused that second error was directly related to the difficulty I had with that first episode.

Thank you both for your help! Now, back to writing...