Hello, I have a suggestion for this site.
« on: May 21, 2018, 06:12:58 AM »
I love this interactive story site.

I suggest you for the Episode page, it would be good if I can see the number of children on next Episode.

Then I would know which route is for a long story to read.

I googled my sentences due to my English skill. I am sorry if you don't understand me.

Re: Hello, I have a suggestion for this site.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
I can certainly see how knowing how many episodes that follow another would be helpful. After all it is rather annoying when you are reading a thread and keep hitting dead ends after one or two episodes.

Not sure how easy or hard it would be to implement though, Adama will know.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
This doesn't do quite what you want, but it might help@

http://old.bearchive.com/~addventure/game1/trees/tags/root2.html
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
The problem with that idea is that those numbers would have to be continually updated every time a new episode is added.  If you're talking about putting the numbers in the episodes themselves, then adding an episode to a deep chain would require updating hundreds of parent episodes.

It would be different if episodes were dynamically generated from a database like they are on some sites, but here all episodes are flat HTML files.

As JH points out, the Storyline Tags pages do help you find longer storylines, and viewing the graphical trees will help you see ch1ld counts too -- though those are only updated once a month.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:57:43 AM by Adama »
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »
"**09** counts"? Did your reply fall foul of the censorship rules, Adama?

Meanwhile thanks for adding "Author Tags Search" and "Storyline Tags Search", without any fanfare.
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 05:05:37 AM »
Whoops, didn't notice.  Fixed now.

Those new searches were suggested by Nameless Soul eight months ago, but it took me this long to get around to working on them...
Adama, Addventure mega-geek