rtpoe

• Old Fart
Deleted messages in Hotmail won't stay deleted
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »
Yeah, Hotmail is a really old e-mail service. But I've been using it for decades, and I've got way too many subscriptions and contacts with it to change it at this late date.

Anyway, Microsoft is upgrading it. There's a whole new look to the interface, and all that.

But the one thing that's driving me crazy, and I can't figure out how to fix it, is that messages I delete (read or unread) keep appearing in my Inbox!

When I delete a message, I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. Stay in the Deleted Messages folder, and if for some reason I need you again, I'll go get you.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
Re: Deleted messages in Hotmail won't stay deleted
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 08:38:59 AM »
Hi rtpoe
Sorry to hear about your problem on Hotmail.  I still have my account too.  It appears my deleted messages on there are deleting okay.  Is it still retaining yours?  Have you tried some of the usual troubleshooting ideas, like viewing it in a different browser, clearing cookies and restarting, etc?

One thing I've noticed that is unfortunate about Hotmail is every time Microsoft does an "upgrade", it only runs more slowly and feels more bloated.   :-\