dkc718

• A Cup
I had this idea
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »
A lot of times I get lost in the numerology of this place.  There's all the fun stuff with the stories, but the OCD part of me also likes to play tricks with episode numbers.   

There's the main "Episodes listed by number page" here: http://old.bearchive.com/~addventure/game1/trees/recent2/index.html

And I got the idea in my head that if I could publish 170 episodes in a row and time it perfectly, then I could create one of those pages that would be 100% episodes I created.   So anything with that number would be a response to an episode I wrote.

I kept trying to find the perfect place to start, I knew it would take me a couple of hours.  I waited and waited for weeks for a 3:00 AM hour where the next episode was going to end in 999; but I couldn't make it work.

Finally, today, I figured this was as close as I was going to get and I posted my 170.   So almost all of the episodes on the page with 1340 were started by me.   

Ta da.

Silly, I know.  But its things like that that keep me coming back.

dkc718

• A Cup
Re: I had this idea
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »
Now I have to tag them all!

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 06:25:56 AM »
Now that I better understand your goal, let's see... yeah there were a few interruptions that broke your attempt;
  • 4 from unsigned (two of which did follow up your 1340 eps)
  • 2 from Bonkers
  • 1 each from Sirka, ScrewAttackSamus, and Russcat

But a damn good try!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:40:52 AM by Adama »
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
I usually read from the "Episodes written yesterday" page, so I can report that you completely dominated that page for 24 hours. Some mayor somewhere should have issued a proclamation declaring it Dkc718 Day.

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »
So that explains the bender you went on!  Thought you'd been in a back water jungle somewhere and just got back! lol