rtpoe

• Old Fart
Cool and Useful Utilities
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
Having recently obtained a new computer, I've had to go about installing a bunch of free utilites that I've found useful over the years. Thought I'd share them with you.

WizTree scans the Master File Table to get get the file size info on all files in a drive or folder. What's cool is that not only does it sort the files by size, but it also gives the percentage that each file type takes up in that drive/folder. How much of your erotica collection is pictures and how much is videos? It can also show a graphic representation of the space taken up by those files - but for that, I recommend Space Sniffer instead.

I've got a heck of a lot of music files. I could use the tag editor built in to Windows Explorer, but that's too cumbersome. MP3tag is much better. I can add, edit, and sort tags in a folder's worth of files with ease. And, it also lets you easily convert the tags into a file name - individually or in bulk - and save the files in a playlist.

So, anything you guys can recommend?

WizTree took less than a minute to scan my User folder:
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

jmikeh

• Humble Harney
Re: Cool and Useful Utilities
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:51:33 AM »
I cant live without Everything search utility for windows. Much faster than the default windows search. And it's free!  https://www.voidtools.com/

Re: Cool and Useful Utilities
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:40:36 PM »
The last 5 days I am cleaning up my SAN, external drives and local disks from duplicate files. I am at about approx. 0,5 TB deleted duplicates. And I am not talking about the my "big boob" drive collection. It is just my private data.

I am using Anti-Twin. While it is quite slow compared to AllDup, it is much easier to use and it is very precise in the search.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.