Chesty Morgan MERGED
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
The movie is one of my favorites. Thank you! I always wondered where was Chesty Morgan and how come i always missed her? The pictures are most tantalizing. I am hoping the clips would turn out sometime. I look forward to a DVD edition of the movie with the Chesty Morgan scene among the extras.

shadowcom

• PERMANENTLY banned racist moron
    • http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/queengazongaarchive
Re: Fellini's Casanova's pictures Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »
Unfortunately, the problem is that this episode never was a part of this film.
I have 4 versions of this film (I'm a big fan of the films by Fellini) and noone of them contains it. There were only several pictures from this episode, published in Italian magazine many years ago (I thinks that it was 1979 or something of this kind). And that's all. I'm not sure that you'll be able to find these CM episodes anythere.
"You don't have to be old to be wise"

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2001, 06:58:00 AM »
Thanks for your response. I love Fellini too. His seemly self-indulgent realizations I find most appealing. You might be absolutely right regarding Chesty Morgan's presence in Casanova!   A post by st. Stephen, however,  had made me hoped otherwise:

Jun 4 St Stephan - Lest anyone else despair of finding this video, let me enlighten you: Fellini cut that Chesty Morgan sequence. The clip exists - I have seen it, quite unexpectedly, on a late-night programme on French TV, and it is devastating (to Sutherland and to us) when she opens her habit to reveal those elephantine breasts (even if you're not too keen on her, it's an unforgettable scene). It's a crying shame that it

turbo

• Z Cup
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

I first saw those photos of a dark haired Chesty Morgan a few years ago and wondered whether "Casanova" was worthy of watching.

Now that I know that Chesty isn't in this movie, I will no longer search it out as a rental.

For me -  neither Donald Sutherland as "Casanova" nor Fellini are big enough draws!

---------- "I will be acquitted and vindicated when the truth is told." Michael Jackson before the trial------------
---------- "Justice was done. He was always innocent and we proved it." Thomas Mesereau after the trial-------

magic

• Z Cup
  • never too big
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2001, 06:33:00 PM »
I remember the times when this movie was in the process of making. There was a preview of this scene depicting Sutherland & Chesty; not a long time after this publication there was news of a robbery at the studio or the like, the Casanova-material (in parts obviously) being lost. I always thought thatīs why the scene is missing. Can YOU imagine FELLINI voluntarily doing woithout this scene that he must have LOVED?
Magically Yours, magic

St Stephan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
Gee, Grimorio, the object of my post was precisely NOT to excite false hopes:  as I said quite clearly, Fellini cut the scene.  I understood it was just edited out to reduce the length of the film, but now magic has given us another possible reason.  Perhaps the thief sold it.  
Yes, I did see the clip, in a hotel in Abidjan on a late-night broadcast of a French channel.  Of course I had neither VCR nor time:  it only lasted a minute, and then there was a typically long-winded French discussion of cinematography.  
There is a brief appearance in the film of a large nun in complete habit and wimple, who flirts with Casanova.  When she appeared the guy sitting in the seat behind me whispered excitedly "Chesty Morgan!" but I don't think even that was she:  too fresh and pretty (face only).  The next scene was in the morning, and she is never seen again.  And I remember searching the credits on the video and not finding her named, although of course it could have been a pseudonym.
0 ((o!< J
Avatar with the gracious approval of the lovely Vanessa Montagne.
BEA members will find the full-sized (1.12 MB) animation,
cleansed of clumsy clowning claptrap by cloddish clerics, here.
For the original pictures, and thousands more, visit Vanessa.

Kenard

• F Cup
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
I remember seeing Some pictures from the filming in playboy back around the time it was made. It might have been in the Sex in Cinema article for that year.  

Anyone interested could probably find those without too much trouble.

Big Boobs to You!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
What I hope for is of course my own responsibility. If the scene with Chesty Morgan was shot and has been seen, it might still exists and it might, just might, turn out eventualy as an extra in some digital edition (DVD) of the film. I do not think it is a likely prospect (the film is even hard to get on VHS) but I can always hope,,, My apologies St. Stephen, your message is quite clear. Mine was the hope, mine the disappointment shall be.

shadowcom

Chesty Morgan MERGED
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2001, 04:15:00 AM »
Check this place for orders: ((http://us.imdb.com/Title?0074291))
This version of film contains the "lost" episode with Chesty Morgan, starring Barberina.
It will be good if anyone could buy the VHS and to make the capture of this episode. Me, - I can't do it, because of my "geographic" location.  

St Stephan

Re: Fellini."Casanova".Chesty Morgan. - Here.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Hate to throw cold water in winter, shadowcom, but just because the credits list Chesty Morgan (they always have) doesn't mean that the film includes that bit.  Or do you have independent confirmation, as they say in Afghanistan?

0 ((o!< J

shadowcom

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
Normally this film lasts 151 min. This is the single version of it that lasts 165 min. These 14 min. correspond to this episode. But don't forget that the image of VHS title must be exactly the same as you can see it there and not different. However, if you can find the "Producer's version" of this film (say different - the version of this film initially made by Fellini without any censure cuts) it will be even better - it last 181 min. and contains also another one lost episode of sado/maso content.

St Stephan

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
shadowcom, I don't find any reference to the length of the film at the URL you've given, it's just the usual imdb description.  I remember it from when I was searching for references to Chesty - she was mentioned in the credits of the film itself when I saw it, but no seduction scene, just a fully dressed Chesty-as-nun.
Have I missed something?  Or is that the wrong URL?  
((o!< J

Elliot James

• SCORE Lord
    • BeASCOREModel
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2001, 01:00:00 AM »
I saw Felini's Casanova in a NY theater in 1977 the week it premiered. It's never been officially released in the US on VHS or DVD. The original theatrical version I saw was 166 minutes. It was pressed on the now defunct DiscoVision (MCA), an early form of laser disc that had a lot of problems, in 1979 and cut to 155 minutes. This version is long out of print and a rare, good quality DiscoVision copy of Casanova from a collector can run as ridiculously high as $200. A bit high just to see her performance. Chesty played a servant who resisted Casanova's advances. Her face is made-up to look worn, sad and haggard and she wears a black shawl. Very spooky looking. If I recall correctly, she had either no or minimal dialogue. Video Search of Miami (vsom.com) sells an "un-official" VHS copy listed at 162 minutes with Chesty in the credits but I don't know if the VSOM tape actually has Chesty's scene in it. VSOM probably got it from one of their European contacts. I thought it was one of Felini's best films, although very depressing, and non-erotic. It flopped at the boxoffice, at least in this country.
Elliot James
Editor
The SCORE Group
5001 NW 74 CT
Miami FL 33155
305-662-5959
[email protected]
http://www.BeASCOREModel.com
http://blog.scoreland.com/
https://twitter.com/elliot_james_

shadowcom

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2001, 01:10:00 AM »
To STS: Check the bottom of the page (view URL in my previous message):

>Also Known As:
>Casanova (1976) (Italy: short title)
>Fellini's Casanova (1977) (USA)
>Runtime: 166
>Country: Italy  
>Language: English  
>Color: Color (Technicolor)  
>Certification: Finland:K-18 / Sweden:15 / >USA:

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2001, 05:03:00 PM »
Is "IL CASANOVA DI FEDERICO FELLINI" dubbed in English? If you can find, always prefer the Italian version of an Italian movie. If you can't understand Italian, be open enough to learn something new or focus on the images.
     I have seen parts of "La Dolce Vita" dubbed in English. Mastroianni talking in English(LOL. LOL. LOL.) VERGOGNOSO!