*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #360 on: December 28, 2024, 06:56:30 AM »
Opened in 1954, the first time I saw it was when I watched the James Bond 007 movie Goldfinger where the beauty was killed when they applied gold paint on her body. It was the first James Bond movie I saw back in 1964. I was all of 8 years old at the time and my mother after the movie complained to my father because she thought it was not appropriate for k1ds my age. My older brother was 14 and he truly loved it. There is now here in Vegas a Fontainbleau which construction started in 2006 but due to the recession of 2008, it was stopped but the property finally opened in 2023.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2024, 07:04:13 AM »
Fort Worth, Texas, is the 5th largest city in Texas with 900,000+ people, and it started as a US Cavalry post but in 1874 it was incorporated into a city and it is the largest meat/beef processing city in the United States and the stock Yard section of the city has a roundup of Texas Longhorns cattle and it remains looking like it has for 100+ years.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2025, 06:54:31 AM »
How times Square in New York looked like in the 1920's on New Years Day eve.  :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2025, 06:33:12 AM »
If you ever go visit Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, as you travel through interstate 90, stop in the small town of Wall and go to the center of town and visit Wall Drug which, in my opinion, is well worth stopping by and not only buy merchandise, but see the museum and all the cowboy stuff in it. One of the photos I took of the place back in 2015 with my father who was 90 years old, and part of his bucket list was to visit Mount Rushmore and later on The Devil's Tower in Eastern Wyoming. I did all the driving then. Dad is in heaven now.  :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2025, 05:30:26 AM »
A grain processing unloading.  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2025, 05:32:00 AM by solvegas »

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2025, 06:52:22 AM »
Due to the pandemic, the Hard Rock hotel and casino on the intersection of Harmon and Paradise, about a mile from The Strip, shut down and then the property was taken over and remodeled by the Virgin hotel company and this coming Wednesday, I and CrazyJose will be going to the 2025 AVN in its convention center. The Hard Rock company bought The Mirage hotel and casino from the MGM Resorts Group and are now remodeling it. They already got rid of the iconic volcano :'( and it will be replaced by a gigantic electrical guitar all suites tower.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2025, 06:30:05 AM »
The largest road intersection in the world is the High Five interchange in Dallas, Texas. :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2025, 09:00:23 AM »
Founded in 1879 when a silver deposit was found in Cochise County, Tombstone Arizona is best known for its gunfight near the OK Corral between Wyatt Earp and the Cowboys outlaws.  :)

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #368 on: January 31, 2025, 09:08:29 AM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2025, 07:35:47 AM »
One of the USA most iconic roads, route 66 from Chicago to LA, in which I've been on a few parts like in Amarillo, Texas, but someday I will go on it all the way even though some of it is now gone since it became part of the Interstate system.  :)

*

Charade Recherche

  • Stuffer Extraordinaire
  • 2052
  • Shar-RAYD Ruh-SHAR-shay
    • Charade Recherche's Deviantart Page
    • Email
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2025, 08:43:32 PM »
On October 20, 2024, the last K Mart in the contiguous United states will close its last store at the Bridgehampton Mall in Bridgehampton, New York. I put this up here due to its architectural look and how I remember they had Blue Light specials in the stores and its merger with Sears was a disaster for both stores and the pandemic really ruined it for good. It is sad to see it go, or at least it is to me.  :(

I find this hilarious.  I was just looking back through the thread to see why there were no more posts by Cris.  LOL!  The guy who created the thread tried to tell you, George, what the spirit of the thread was about and you not only argued your own point of view, but when he left the thread because you wouldn’t agree to that spirit, you then threw it in his face by posting a K-Mart!  LOL!

When someone starts a thread, it’s traditional for others to try and respect their point of view in the thread.  Just my 2¢
~~Charade

All pictures copyright © Charade Recherché unless otherwise stated

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2025, 09:55:43 PM »
On October 20, 2024, the last K Mart in the contiguous United states will close its last store at the Bridgehampton Mall in Bridgehampton, New York. I put this up here due to its architectural look and how I remember they had Blue Light specials in the stores and its merger with Sears was a disaster for both stores and the pandemic really ruined it for good. It is sad to see it go, or at least it is to me.  :(

I find this hilarious.  I was just looking back through the thread to see why there were no more posts by Cris.  LOL!  The guy who created the thread tried to tell you, George, what the spirit of the thread was about and you not only argued your own point of view, but when he left the thread because you wouldn’t agree to that spirit, you then threw it in his face by posting a K-Mart!  LOL!

When someone starts a thread, it’s traditional for others to try and respect their point of view in the thread.  Just my 2¢

I never had a malicious intent. I've been posting photos and information I can gather online and I think I've done it well. My $0.02.  :-\

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2025, 07:14:46 AM »
Located in downtown San Diego, California, every so often I used it to go to Fullerton in Orange County in the Los Angeles metropolitan area where my younger brother would pick me up when I was stationed in San Diego, and I didn't have a car for a while. It was a lot cheaper than using a taxi or a plane.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2025, 11:54:37 AM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2025, 07:38:51 AM »
Built about 20 years ago here in Sin City when Trump acquired part of the Frontier hotel and Casino land from his friend Phil Ruffin, this 64-floor building with 24K gold windows which combines hotel rooms, apartments and a casino.