Zorlond

• G Cup
FYI, for those who care...
« on: November 21, 2001, 05:59:00 AM »
About a year ago, Dejanews was eaten by Google, who promptly took over all data assets, including e-mail accounts. Google continued the service, to the relief of many, I imagine.

Half a year ago, Google decided that even though the My-Deja people had been promised a lifetime e-mail account, Google had not made that promise, and so had no obligation to continue. Besides, they had already sold the adresses to every single spammer in existence, no more money could be made from them. So, Google gave a 6-month notice that all accounts would be discontinued, and all e-mails remaining on their servers would be deleted. The deletion will take place the first of December.

This is a long-about way of saying my old e-mail adress ([email protected]) will not be functional much longer (bit over a week). Not to worry, I have a new account with Yahoo!, ([email protected]) and you can contact me there should you wish to. My profile has already been adjusted for this.

Thank you, and good day.

"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

Re: FYI, for those who care...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 03:00:00 AM »
I don't understand. If they took over the company, aren't they taking over their promises too?  

Zorlond

• G Cup
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2001, 01:44:00 AM »
I'm guessing not according to their lawyers.
"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
Just another good case against lawyers, I guess.