*

Liam

  • 4287
MANGABOX.COM
« on: April 12, 2004, 08:27:36 AM »
I'm wondering if you could help me.  I've just joined MANGABOX.COM.  I have 2 problems with it.  
1.  I don't know how to put a download manager to work on it without inputting each individual jpeg's URL.  (I've tried using Flashget's site explorer to no avail.)
2.   They've put everything on one extremely long page.  The covers page won't load completely and even freezes up my computer.  The titles on the title page are meaningless to me:
http://www.mangabox.com/title_list.shtml
If you see any outstanding big bust titles on that list, I'd sure appreciate knowing what they are.  I'm looking for the quality stuff.  (For example, I'm in the process of grabbing Blue Eyes 6.)        

*

Hentaibee

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 5319
  • I like big breasts quite a lot.
    • http://www.hentaibee.com
Re: MANGABOX.COM
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 10:34:11 AM »
jsut get an adultbouncer id.. many tit manga on edge and co...

try flashget in internet explroer right click "download all with flashg get"when your on a thumbnail page..

or try quad sucker software

*

Nicklaus_Vlad

  • D Cup
  • 112
    • www.hentaiboobs.tk
Re: MANGABOX.COM
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:28 AM »
If you DO get an Adultbouncer ID, you're gonna have to be sleuthy in finding manga-related adultbouncer sites.  The main hub on adultbouncer.com does not list their hentai sites anymore.  But they're still there, for some reason.

www.masteryoshidino.com
hentaisolution.com
woh-archive.com

Here are a good few places to go, and I beleve they have links to others.  
Drowning cannot hurt a man.


*

Hentaibee

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 5319
  • I like big breasts quite a lot.
    • http://www.hentaibee.com
Re: MANGABOX.COM
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »
manga/aime/hentai
animestars.
hmanga.
hmw.

asians:
bikinifan.
super.  

Re: MANGABOX.COM
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 12:21:14 PM »
Quote:

1. I don't know how to put a download manager to work on it without inputting each individual jpeg's URL. (I've tried using Flashget's site explorer to no avail.)
2. They've put everything on one extremely long page. The covers page won't load completely and even freezes up my computer.




1. You can use the GetRight browser to nab files, although it helps to understand HTML and not be afraid to experiment with a program.

If you try it, your best bet is to look at a couple file names and see if there's any kind of pattern.  For example "http://www.mangabox.com/titlepages/####.jpg".  In that case, you can go to the File menu and just say "Add Sequence of URLs".  This can save a lot of time if there actually is a pattern.

If they're all directly linked or all in full size on a single page (or multiple pages), you can drop it into the GetRight browser.  Links are listed as "A", while being displayed as part of the page are "IMG".  This sounds like the method of choice for the page, although I haven't looked at it.  If you look around in the interface, all the links to sections of the site are there, so navigation is possible.

The third method (the one you can use on Stormrszone and similar sites ;p) only works if the web page follows the file names.  If you look at the URL for the displaying page, and the URL for the image itself, there are minor differences.  In the case of Stormrszone, I believe there's an "albums" directory that has to be added to the path, then you just tack ".jpg" onto all the filenames and URLs.  Adding the extention is more time consuming than adding the path (which is easy as pie).

It isn't a simple or automated approach, but it works for me, so it's what I use

P.S. -- You can also try taking the filename out of the path (For example, taking the "###.jpg" off of http://www.mangabox.com/titles/###.jpg) to see if the server isn't set up properly.  If they haven't set up security properly, you can actually get a listing of the entire directory, which makes downloading it very simple.

2. That sounds like a possible RAM issue, but I rememeber a pay-for manga site that flogged the hell out of my PC, and that could've been it.  There's two options, depending on how hard you want to work at it.  The first is to go into Internet Explorer's options and turn off graphics (it's on the last tab), which will keep all those images from freezing things.  Only problem is, you can't see what you're looking at.

Your other option is to use a browser caled "Opera".  It's free, although the free version has an unobtrusive ad-bar near the top that will usually just display text adds if you set it to.  It has other features, such as tabbed browsing, browser identification (if you lie to the UG script and say you're using IE, it works ), and the one you're interested in, the "Graphics" button.  Icon depends on your skin, but it's usually a little camera.  The second button near the top, between the padlock and the printer.  A camera acts normal (load images and display), while a red X won't load images or display those it has cached, or show the image blocks at the size they should be (helps in this case), and the third option (a bulb?) will show placeholders at their defined size (so you get an empty box the size of the picture), and if you right-click a placeholder and select "Load image", it will download the image and display it for you, which sounds like it might be just what you need.

If you load too many images, you might run into the RAM issue again with displaying too many.  Just go into the Preferences (under the File menu), go to "History and Cache", then click the "Empty Now" button that's near the Disk Cache.  That should get rid of all the old images, and you can just pick up where you left off the next time you visit that site without any old graphics showing up.

Some of that probably makes no sense, for which I apologize.

P.S. -- When I read it, I thought you meant it included a pic of each title, and that might've been why you were having trouble.  A couple thousand pics on the same page can do that  But in thie case, it's just a single 256k list.  Opera can't do anything about that, I'm afraid.  That's just a big honking web page.  Obviously a RAM issue.

Close unnecessary programs, get rid of any spyware using Ad-Aware, and set your swap file as a static size (if you don't know how, don't worry about it, it usually doesn't help that much).  Not much you can do about a RAM issue besides dump more RAM into the fire.
"Long time listener, first time caller."

Name shamelessly scalped from "The Demented Cartoon Movie"

*

Sadistyk

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 10601
Re: MANGABOX.COM
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 02:23:15 AM »
You can try Leechget as well.  That program has been good to me so far.