*

Bad Irving

  • C Cup
  • 63
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2001, 01:00:00 AM »
Geeze, it was just a show!

TNG did suck from being PC however, however it did have its moments.  It also was less chessy from a visual stand point that restricted budgets and technology caused the orginal show to suffer from.  But, one wonders how captain picard went bald?  Baldness is from testrone in the body, without any balls how did he suffer from hair loss?

I do belive the padding comment as the uniforms they came up with tended to make women look flat, so, make them bigger so you can tell they are women.  This also would help to explain how in the future women do not have nipples.

I liked the new show "Enterprise" except for the story of the show!  Geeze, what did they do re-write the "Voyager" first episode?  It also suffered from the pervasive "magic" employed on all shows, but getting worse and worse as the franchised continued.  On the premier episode it was "poof" transporters now work for people (gosh darn how many years did they lose before figuring that out?), and "poof" here's the phaser. They have also setup the hot babe as the magical source of knowledge.  If there is any problem in a future show just say the Vulcan knew and just didn't tell anybody.  (Then again, this amazing race started with Spock and very much the same thing)  Then there was the whole "decon" scene.  Oh, yea, that fit in.    On the other hand the exotic dancers that caught butterflies with their tongues!  That's something long over due here on earth!

What perhaps I disliked the most about the show was that it truly catered to trekiees.  There was enough past show trivia to bury one and at the same time not enough explination as to what is going on.  That is not a setup to encourage new viewers to this franchise.  What the hell is "Star Fleet"?  Would have been nice if that was explained.  Star Fleet appears to be one space ship, yet there appears to be at least one admiral.  No wonder Captain Archer wants to start his mission, he's probably way too supervised by a Fleet Admirtal that only has one ship in his fleet, that apparently was non-operational and the chief engineer keeps scrapping the paint off by bad flying.  I bet that's one pissed off admiral.

On the other hand, I did very much enjoy the sets, lighting, special effects, and acting.  The cast appears that it will really jell together.

Now, back to the boobs.  With a 7 of 9 type as a central character it creates the age old problem of "Guest Stars shall not be prettier nor have boobs bigger than the leading character".  This means that with a bodacious babe as a leading character the babe factor on the show may actually be low and relegated to the exotic dancer types that are just snippets of air time.  So, while she is indeed hot, her presence may result in the show not having the full potential of babes as the first episode may have suggested.

 

--Bad Irving


Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Stop holding back BI, and tell us how you really feel.  BTW it's Trekers, not trekies. Just because you dont't like the franchise that's no reason to demean it's fans.  There's been a lot of talk about about the poor special effects of TOS.  Seen through today's available effects it is laughable.  Remember,   when it first aired and ever since Star Trek has set that standard.  In the 50's the breakthrough show for F/x was Superman.  In the 60's it was Star Trek.

*

sheber

  • Shasta'man
  • 8577
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2001, 03:28:00 PM »
Aw, bloody hell! All this time I've considered myself a "Trekkie" only to find out that after 35 years I'm actually a "Trekker". Which makes me begin to wonder if its really big boobs that I like at all...
[Rent this space]

*

Bad Irving

  • C Cup
  • 63
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
"TREKKIES" is a documentary about the fans of "Star Trek" Starring Denise Crosby


 

--Bad Irving

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: Bad Irving ]


*

Mammeister

  • Banned User
  • 2325
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
Come on guys,

Like William Shatner said:

"Get a life!"


Captain Kirk said it himself.

That's an order!

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: Mammeister ]


Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2001, 11:35:00 PM »
Bad Erving, the decon scene could have been much worse; Remember the decon scene in Andromida Strain? Brrrr!

*

Mammeister

  • Banned User
  • 2325
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
That's Andromeda Strain, bub.

Don't you make fun of Michael Crichton.

He's a lot taller than you and produces the best show on TV..........ever!
Don't piss off Dr. Green!

***************

Crichton?
Isn't that the lead character in Farscape?
Or is it an Aussie explicative?

***************

Andromeda?
Isn't that the syndicated sci-fi show with Hercules as captain?

***************

It sure is a crowded interwining sci-fi universe. So is this great machine we call the internet!!

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mammeister ]


*

Booby_Trapped

  • C Cup
  • 57
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2001, 04:43:00 AM »
Although this will once again be UPN's highest rated show, if they don't borrow heavily from the original series and not try to be so politically correct, it's gonna suck.

Bring back the mini-skirts and curvy women damnit!

Help! I can't stop staring at her tits.

*

sheber

  • Shasta'man
  • 8577
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2001, 02:41:00 AM »
Ah. Things are back to normal in the forum. Nobody appreciates my sense of humor, still.  
[Rent this space]

*

Number6

  • E Cup
  • 349
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2001, 02:57:00 AM »
This helped clear things up for me.  I always thought the lead character on Farscape was Kryten, and I'd always wondered why they named him after a mechanoid programmed to clean latrines.  A simple spelling error on my part, I suppose (of course, it also took me a bit of time to realize that this wasn't the bear chive, and then it took me longer to figure out that the BE meant Breast Expansion).  By the way, did anyone else catch the recent Farscape episode (I think it was the season premiere) with the various animated sequences?  I especially liked the bit where Crichton imagined a cartoony version of Erin and put her into different sexy animated bodies, including Jessica Rabbit's.  Has anyone else seen this episode, and know when it will show again?  I hope to get that one on tape sometime.
I should make a comment about the "Enterprise" show (since that's what this thread is about), but I haven't gotten UPN in some time (I missed out on most of Voyager, though I've heard it wasn't all that good).  I hope I can catch this new show in syndication elsewhere, since it sounds nifty.
Be seeing you...

*

Tux

  • X Cup
  • 2320
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2001, 05:48:00 PM »
I thought that Crighton was the name of an android with "groinal attachments" on "Red Dwarf". ^_^
...still trying to cut down his Pocky habit to 2 packs a day.

Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2001, 07:25:00 PM »
BI, I don't care if the movie was "Trekies". Filmmakers are notorious for picking who they are PC about and who they treat with dissrespect.  I would never admit to being a "trekie", but I'll tolerate the lable "Treker".

Lightfoot - Went back to a Star Trek Magazine and checked the design for the Akira class starship.  They do look very similar.  Also found an article in the production news at startrek.com and they admitted Enterprise's design draws heavily from the Akira class.

Someone mentioned the mini-skirts. Again the prodction news will dissapoint you. It's jumpsuits from this point on for female crew members.  One ray of hope: Since this is earlier in the development of mankind the sexual aspect will come through even stronger than it did with Captain Kirk.  
Should be full speed ahead. Phasers and VCR's at the ready!


*

Mammeister

  • Banned User
  • 2325
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
Crichton!

It's a small sci-fi universe after all!

(Isn't that a Disney song?)

Which brings up the question, why can't Disney make decent sci-fi movies?

"Tron" and "Black Hole" sucked big time.

(Aren't Bear Chives something like Elephant Garlic but with rounded leaves and a bit more spicy flavor? They're excellent for making party dips!)

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mammeister ]


*

Kanodin

  • Banned User
  • 1325
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
You have Star Trek magazines?  And you call yourself a treker...    

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Captain, Vulcan women have racks - Fascinating
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2001, 02:30:00 AM »
It`s a shame that real extraterrestrials have no sexual characteristics. The ones I`ve met all look like this-   I was disappointed in them and they were disappointed in me.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....