*

Pidget

  • C Cup
  • 80
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 08:56:23 PM »
Quote:

I started to respect you but then you mentioned that all this took place in a philosophy class. PWNED!




And I thought that the stuff on thewayofthemaster.com was some of the dumbest stuff I'd ever heard. Then I read your post, what does it being my philosophy class have to do with anything? It was a small group of us that watched and talked about it, which includes our then-grad-student prof, that still hang out and have discussions and debates amongst ourselves to this day.

Besides, where better to have an intelligent discussion or debate about religion? Outside of a philosophy class the majority of people either don't care enough to talk about it (or they're afraid to), or don't know nearly enough to be saying what they try to say.

*

Trotsky

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 17
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:05 AM »
Quote:

anyone heard of the crusades? heh




Crusaders weren't trying to convert anyone.

Of course, Islamic terrorists aren't either.

*

bone_ranger

  • B Cup
  • *
  • 37
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »
Quote:

She does more for the argument of a God. Thru her and many others here Im a believer




I think she's a fine example of Darwin's theory of Sexual Selection
 

*

Janus

  • P Cup
  • 1391
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
 Yeah, and while we're at it let's bring up the founding of the Roman Empire, the building of the great pyramid, the first recorded usage of oracle bone script, the war of the roses, the war of 1812, and the time the first proteins formed on earth.

J- I are genius, for I read book about past things.
I will remove the stick out of the world's ass.

*

mcboob

  • C Cup
  • 98
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »
Quote:

Quote:

 
Thank God (and I do believe in God, just not religion) Christians aren't resorting to violence to get people to join them.




Not this week, anyway.




Lets not forget history.

Christianity wasn't given to most people by choice.
While the European empires conquered, colonized and enslaved a good portion of the planet. Christianity was forced on their subjects.

Her Boobs are indeed lovely

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Rational Response's Kelly: Stacked Atheiest
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »
I watched the ABC "Nightline" piece when they first aired it, and once she showed up on my screen, I pointed to it and said, "But that's proof of God's existence right there!" The only good points she had were contained in her top.  

That said, the "debate" wasn't meant to sway anyone's opinion. If you are an atheist, Kirk Cameron & his colleague from "The Way of the Master" aren't going to turn you into a Bible-believing Christian (since Kirk is no C. S. Lewis) and if you are a Bible thumper, the points that the atheists made won't change your mind either. But then, that wasn't the main point of the show, the point was to get two teams of people who have radically opposite views together and give them each a chance to put their points across for the viewers to decide.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.