*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Possibly Cancer
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:49 AM »
I am now done with treatments!  Just thought I would say that.  Things are looking very positive and I am so happy to be done with everything!  Hopefully I won't have a reason to post in this particular forum anymore!  I'm too young to be worrying about health problems.

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Possibly Cancer
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
Thanks for checking in anyway ...

which reminds me -- now it's time for my own regular checkup for my employer's records.  You see, it's always SOMEONE'S turn ...

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12423
Re: Possibly Cancer
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
Huzzah!
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Possibly Cancer
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 04:24:58 AM »
Huzzah!

Just thought I would make a quick update!  One year ago today I found out I had cancer.  I am now cancer free and doing great!  Still have lots of checkups and stuff, but all looks good!

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
awesome news. I love posts like that last one :)
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
Bravissimo, good man!  Perhaps your story will bring hope to others. 8)

*

TheCat

  • C Cup
  • 117
  • TheCat
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:42 PM »
That's awesome. :) Just read this thread for the first time today, but I'm glad to hear everything's going well! Here's hoping it continues that way for you!

*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 04:53:08 AM »
Thanks everyone!  One last BIG thank you for everyones well wishes and support in the last year!  This is a great and friendly place to be a member of!

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
Glad to hear everything is going so well!
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12423
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
MGCARP 1
Cancer 0

Let's hope the score doesn't change!
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 05:33:08 AM »
MGCARP 1
Cancer 0

Let's hope the score doesn't change!

Just thought I would add to this post that I just had my 1-year checkup.  Cancer free!  I'm a happy camper today!!!

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:33 AM »
Excellent!  Here's hoping espy can join your status someday.

*

SamV

  • My bra size? A 34H - H is for 'HUGE, you know!'
  • 2483
  • SaRenna Lee - the "Joan Holloway" prototype!
Re: Possibly Cancer
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
... Got the results of the CT scan and it showed no signs of cancer spreading so that was a very big relief.  Wednesday morning I have a PET Scan.  Not really sure but it is just a different way of looking at the same things i guess.
Well, I'm sure by now you know what a PET scan is. When the doctor treating my mother proposed doing one she asked what a PET scan was since like you she had a CT scan a short time before. Before her doctor could answer, smart-ass nerd that I am, I told her a CT is a fancy x-ray where you're bombard with x-rays to take multiple pictures, and a PET scan is where they light you up like a Christmas tree to get a full color portrait. Her doctor kind of laughed at that, but said it was as good an explanation as any.

But the main lesson to learn from all this if nothing else, is it never hurts to get a second opinion, if there is any question with the diagnose, or before any major treatment is performed, especially if there was a question with the diagnose in the first place. Anyway I'll get off my soap box now. ::)  

Quote from: mcgarp
Just thought I would add to this post that I just had my 1-year checkup.  Cancer free!  I'm a happy camper today!!!
I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Now just stay that way for at least the next four years and the doctors will be able to declare you cured.  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:30:59 PM by SamV »
** SaRenna's very own Beta Baby **
The only thing in life you have to earn is love; everything else you can steal.
{ Recently Returned from Internet Limbo! }

*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »
Thank you!  And yes I do know what a PET is now!  I'm afraid I've had enough of them that I'm going to get cancer from them!  Only so much radioactivity can be put into one person before it's bad!!  But for now, I will relish in the fact that I am looking good, cancer wise, and pray for espy that he can join me in the group!  Espy, I need a friend in the survivor group, join me, won't you?!!!

*

espy

  • G Cup
  • 2057
Re: Stupid Doctors
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Espy, I need a friend in the survivor group, join me, won't you?!!!
I'm glad to hear your good news, and I'd be more than happy to join the club.

My cancer is stage 3, possibly 4.  They're giving me about 50% odds of survival.  I've had stinky-finger after dates having faced worse odds than that, so I know it's too early to be concerned.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:40:03 PM by espy »
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?