Ouroboros

• C Cup
Private Message Error
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
I just got a new PM today. The popup appeared asking me if I would like to go and view it, but when I tried to see the actual message nothing showed up. I went to my messages to check it out but now I get this board error saying:

512: loadMemberContext(): member id 2758 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /data/bearchive/forum.bearchive.com/includes/Load.php
Line: 969

Since this error appeared I can't check any of my PM's - even my old ones. It just bounces me back the the inbox screen. :( What's even worse is that every couple of pages or so when I browse the PM pop-up reappears.

Any idea what has gone wrong?

At the very least can I have the name of the member so I can pm him/her back telling them that I never got the message?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:43:28 PM by gonZo »

janeen

• Drawing of me by CV
Re: Private Message Error
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »
I´ve send u a pm >.< without any file or so .___.

I feel somehow guilty >.<
Photos of me (C)copyright Janeen.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »
Ouroboros, there isn't a user with that ID number, so you may not have missed a message. The admins have been working on the forum this week, so this is probably a "collateral damage" bug. We don't know anything about it right now except what you've just told us. Auto_Reply may have more information when he sees this. Meanwhile, I'll report it and we'll see if we can get it fixed for you.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:46:36 PM by gonZo »

Got_Milk

• C Cup
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »
Just to let you know, I've also got the same problem where I got a new PM from an existing active member and can't view it. I noticed the following error like message above my folder.

"512: loadMemberContext(): member id 2 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
Line: 969"

I also can't view any messages, even old messages that I have previously read like the original poster.

Juggernutz

• A Cup
  • vString Scripter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
Ouroboros, there isn't a user with that ID number, so you may not have missed a message. The admins have been working on the forum this week, so this is probably a "collateral damage" bug. We don't know anything about it right now except what you've just told us. Auto_Reply may have more information when he sees this. Meanwhile, I'll report it and we'll see if we can get it fixed for you.

add me to the list of user who PMs have gone missing and have this error.
SL Name: Juggernutz Ivanovic

gonZo

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »
OK. We're still trying to figure this out. Juggernutz, what's the number of the "member id not previously loaded" in your error message?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:39:32 AM by gonZo »

Ouroboros

• C Cup
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
I´ve send u a pm >.< without any file or so .___.

I feel somehow guilty >.<
So you're the one to blame. :P I'll send you a pm when this gets worked out.

Juggernutz

• A Cup
  • vString Scripter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
OK. We're still trying to figure this out. Juggernutz, what's the number of the "member id not previously loaded" in your error message?

512: loadMemberContext(): member id 2 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
Line: 969
SL Name: Juggernutz Ivanovic

gonZo

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:45:17 AM »
OK, thanks.

Ouroboros

• C Cup
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »
So it's closing in on two weeks and I'm still having the same error. I don't mean to nag but - any word from the admins?

Pal says: I sent them another reminder yesterday or the day before (I think I also cc'd you on it). Two weeks is nothing... I was promised a 'fix' to a problem more than two years ago and am still waiting. If nothing else, participating here teaches patience. ;)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:23:14 PM by Palomine »

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »
patience for problem fixing? noooooo :o
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

Ouroboros

• C Cup
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 03:10:05 PM »

Pal says: I sent them another reminder yesterday or the day before (I think I also cc'd you on it). Two weeks is nothing... I was promised a 'fix' to a problem more than two years ago and am still waiting. If nothing else, participating here teaches patience. ;)

Thanks Palo - I completely forgot I mentioned it to you in the chat. If you cc'd me on that, it didn't appear in my inbox. Two years seems an eternity to wait for a fix...that's quite a backlog the admins must be running. By the way - Did you ever get that Hackintosh running?

patience for problem fixing? noooooo :o
I'm glad that we see eye-to-eye when it comes to patience. *steps off his soapbox* :P

Edit:
I took a page out of Shara's chat room playbook and registered Ouroboros_pm to send pm's and I encountered something interesting. When you attempt to send a pm you're asked to filled out a simple captcha but no image appears. >_< I just can't win.

Pal follows-up: ah, well that makes sense. Given your problem you didn't receive your cc of the PM I sent to both Matt and Gabe... but the PM seemed to go through w/o any visible errors. As mentioned, you SHOULD EMAIL them each week that your problem persists and you haven't heard from them. Be polite of course, but be persistent: we all have to be our own advocates around here given how thinly admin resources seem to be spread for forum stuff. Good luck! :)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:01:42 PM by Palomine »

Djoser

• X Cup
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 03:23:50 PM »
I heard of at least another member who got this problem...i hope it isn't the start of a "epidemic"  :(
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and childr3n are the FBI

If it hurts, it means that you're still living

Avatar: beshine, morphed by uutexray, avatarized by AgentDee

sidewalkpsycho

• E Cup
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
Same for me, the forum says that I have a new PM, and here's what I get:
When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

ilovelinsey

• E Cup
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 08:33:44 AM »
I also got the message:
"512: loadMemberContext(): member id 37204 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
Line: 969"

(On second thought, I'm removing a little info here. The person who PMed you may not want us to advertise it. PMs are private, so we'll try to keep it that way. - gonZo)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:21:24 AM by gonZo »
"As long as I have a face she has a place to sit"