Byron

• A Cup
Re: I Feel BESTORY CLUB ripped us off this month with a reposting!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »
Luckily I canceled my subscription months ago when there were already the first signs (of mockery for members). Much better to spend my money on other sites (like as Bustartist)

ex-member of BEstoryclub (of what remains)

Byron

Tugboatcap

• G Cup
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
I dropped my subscription about a year and a half ago when they started trickling out comics that should have been 2 parts in 5+ itty bitty parts.  I knew then that it was the beginning of the end for timely publication.

TugboatCap!
TugboatCap!

Bahamad

• A Cup
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 04:53:53 PM »
Seriously, has the Club managed to keep this promise at all in the past year? The last time they managed 3 publications in a month was october last year

And they wonder why people get miffed.....

Actually my point was more wondering whether those expectations were even known by members.  The general statement/concession of the club seems to have been "two submissions per month", not "two exclusive comics, plus 20k worth of illustrated stories". 

Sure, it's reason to consider the state of memberships and the club in general.  However, it's also a point of the trend for the club to have followed the routine of at least meeting the bare minimum for publications, i.e. one publication mid/late month, and another on the almost/last day.  If the requirements previously mentioned are actually the level members are expecting as promised on enrollment, the publishers may expect to meet them.  While this seems to be a challenge at present based on recent publishing, it's possible the bar actually should have been set higher than previously noted to spur things toward improvement.

Basically:
BESC: ??? "Hey, we're meeting the requirements stated."
Members:  :o "Well, actually..."

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
Sure, it's reason to consider the state of memberships and the club in general.  However, it's also a point of the trend for the club to have followed the routine of at least meeting the bare minimum for publications, i.e. one publication mid/late month, and another on the almost/last day.  If the requirements previously mentioned are actually the level members are expecting as promised on enrollment, the publishers may expect to meet them.  While this seems to be a challenge at present based on recent publishing, it's possible the bar actually should have been set higher than previously noted to spur things toward improvement.

I think I understand what you are saying... It boils down to people expect X and the club will attempted to put out 2X in order to spur the machine into action.

But seriously how hard is it to crank out two, 10 page comics a month, ESPECIALLY if there's a dedicated artists. (Maybe the artist isn't so dedicated- no clue just spoofin  ;D). I mean writing a comic script isn't **09**'s play but its not impossible.

Should I put up a copy of my notes on how to write a comic script?
Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

Dr_Augmentum

• D Cup
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
I'd be interested in reading your notes...

Bahamad

• A Cup
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »
Yeah, pretty much (though I think you're giving more benefit to my argument towards the club by saying they'll try to put out 2 x's as much as expected  ;)).

Considering I've never even tried writing a script for a comic and have had only one submission to (prohibited O), I'd be nothing more than a poser if I tried to say how it's hard/easy to write.  However, as I think was said earlier, there are people producing BE either by prose or graphic format as the community keeps growing.  For all I know, the club's trying to woo newly rising regular contributors but are being rejected because their terms don't hold enough merit for consideration or the organization behind the submission and compensation processes is in need of review.

In any case, what I'm trying to say, is I think you're right where shouldn't be as hard as it seems to be for BESC to produce the required material.  As other sites are showing there are a number of comic artists out there who can produce/work on short-term commissions, and a number of authors producing good content. 

Is the production 20k worth of unique quality content consistently?  Maybe not, but that's sort of where your wording really struck me.  Sure, go ahead and compensate authors and illustrate classics.  If you're going to do that, either expect some fallout from the community when the comics are recycled or chopped to draw out their value because the exclusive stuff being paid for is not present.  Me, I want to see the club start being more than a annual splash in the pond and be worth continued subscription.

adobeman10

• A Cup
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »
Well, its nice to know I started some serious discussion here.  And I did not start it as a bash on BEstoryclub either.  Personally I loved them when they were at their best.  2 stories, then 3 stories, then 2.  Portalcomics art was awesome, and even the mediocre stories at least had great artwork by him.  And the stories were great at times.  Dream girl, Island of dreams, etc.

But this month with that Horrible story that wasnt entertaining, had poor art, and was doublespaced that probably would fit on one page and now it appears to have been a repost from elsewhere.  Wow... They really went out of their way to really destroy their business.  Now I could've done; like a lot have suggested and done.  Renew once a year and download everything for limited times.  But I kept my subscription current, partly becauseI can afford it and because I believe in supporting the genre.  If everybody did that, there would be little to no incentive to produce these works.  So I put the money forward partly to fund future endevours and sometimes in the case of stories I feel ripped because, well frankly they sucked.  But rare was it when we get two in a row that really sucked.  Rare as this month we see.

But with the crapola they have pulled this month; its more a matter of principle than anything else.  I just let my giantess club renewal pass without renewing and will due the same for Bestory club.  This was a slap in the face to people that have supported this club for so long.  The fact that they have disabled the feedback for the stories shows that they know what they are doing here.  Its not a glitch or an error.  Its deliberate.

So I am officially letting my subscription run-out.  Short of putting a finale for dreamtales, and island of dreams and extending my subscription for the one month they have wasted with no "new" content; I will not be changing my mind.  I hope they take notice as well, as I know I am one of the silent majority.  Those who rarely post, but put forth our money for this content and are happy with the results for the most part.  I expect my decision to be followed by others as well.  I will be putting my money elsewhere, expansioncomics lately seem to update 3 times a month with new material.  Granted a lot of it stinks.  But Wonderboobs is awesome!  But its still more than what I am paying for and receiving here.

So figure this my act of protest.  No new renewals until you decide to actually take care of your customers.  This is democracy and capitalism at its finest.  Im voting by with-holding my money.

And seriously from a customer service standpoint, let me give the operators of Bestory club a hint.  You have emails of your clientale.  You recently messed up by posting something twice.  Heres my suggestion.  Extend their membership by one month and at least finish out the month with a good story. Email an apology for the readers who dont check the Plume.  Good customer service goes a long way.

If the monthly memberships dont work, then sell the stories individually. This is done elsewhere and with success I see.  That way you can eliminate some of the renewals for one and doners.  Or unlock certain stories by having continuous subscriptions, and only with having a years subscription will you get certain "bonus" stories. If the financial model doesnt work, change it.  But ripping off the customers is not a good way of having continuous business.

Anyway, thats my simple suggestion
Thanks
Adobeman10

Tman

• G Cup
    • www.sitiofan.com
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »
I decided not to renew my subscription. The last stories posted where not worth the money. It is sad, but the BEstory club has some major quality control issues.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
If the monthly memberships dont work, then sell the stories individually. This is done elsewhere and with success I see.  That way you can eliminate some of the renewals for one and doners.
That's been suggested before, and I agree that would probably make everybody a lot happier.  Unfortunately, the Club people have posted (on the Plume somewhere...) that that sort of thing is not an option with CCBill.  Though I wonder if it would be possible to set up an alternate form of payment, such as PayPal, and do it that way.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
That's been suggested before, and I agree that would probably make everybody a lot happier.  Unfortunately, the Club people have posted (on the Plume somewhere...) that that sort of thing is not an option with CCBill.  Though I wonder if it would be possible to set up an alternate form of payment, such as PayPal, and do it that way.

Chelsea Charms sells her Vault section movies in such manner with CCbill.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »
So, should I take this thread as an indication to subscribe, cherry-pick, and run before they crash and burn? :P

Q-"When you have friends like this, who needs enemies?"-BE ::)

Duke_of_Earl

• B Cup
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »
I find the best subscription plan is to sign up for a 1 month membership every half year or so.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
I find the best subscription plan is to sign up for a 1 month membership every half year or so.

Thanks for the advice.

A little bit of devil's advocate here, people. I've been doing some thinking, and it seems that people are giving the BESC flak mostly for not adhering to the terms they set out in their subscription agreement. I totally understand their position, and believe me, if I had an inkling myself that the BESC was doing right by users, I'd be on it in a flash.

However, I note with interest that BustArtist's name came up in the discussion of illustrated stories and BE comics as a shining example of virtue when compared with the BESC. May I say that is somewhat like comparing apples and oranges—BustArtist does not require a subscription and doesn't seem to adhere to any sort of required schedule; he's in it for the love of the art and the fetish, and I appreciate that and recompense him accordingly.

Back on topic, it shouldn't surprise people that the BEA Owner (who also owns the BESC) doesn't seem to put much stock in customer satisfaction. Just take a look at this forum; if the Owner had any desire to please people, he wouldn't be doing half the things he is doing now. Frankly, he should be thankful that we here are relatively long-suffering addicts to the fetish. In fact, that might be the whole thing in and of itself. We are addicts; the Owner is the dealer, and we hang around while he charges us for quality stuff and then gives us the lower-grade, knowing we'll be back again later for more of the same.

The above paragraph is primarily why I've never become a member of the BEA. That may seem strange for such a prolific poster such as myself, but it is a statement of fact.

If it's any consolation, I dream of getting rich enough to buy the BEA outright and beginning to do right by the people here, provided there's anybody left here who will appreciate my philanthropy. ;)

I didn't intend to leave such a comprehensive message on this subject, but I guess I've just been bottling up these feelings and emotions about this place, and this thread opened up an avenue for release…just not in the usual way we think of that concept… ;D

Q-"My two cents"-BE

Djoser

• X Cup
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
Aliens' Fav Cow was submitted to the (prohibited O) on March 31, 2010 by Hattushilish

http://www.(prohibited O).com/results.htm?varname=656

Lol in my late late defense I have never visited this thread before and I have to say that I wrote that for free as a gift for a friend. That friend decided to use it in a contest in some forum (even though I had no idea). I was told afterwards that the story won and that it was to be used for the BESC even though I said that it was posted elsewhere already. Still, it was used at the BESC and even though payment was promised it never reached me. So no worries, I didn't get any richer with your discomfort. But it is okay, after all it was made for free. If you didn't like it is great for you, who am I to tell you what to like and what not. It had a lot of videogame references because as i said before it was for a friend however not many would 've got them. In any case, I am just glad I didn't notice the discussion when it was fresh  :P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:41:15 PM by Djoser »
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and childr3n are the FBI

If it hurts, it means that you're still living

Avatar: beshine, morphed by uutexray, avatarized by AgentDee

milom

• D Cup
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »
Lol in my late late defense I have never visited this thread before and I have to say that I wrote that for free as a gift for a friend. That friend decided to use it in a contest in some forum (even though I had no idea). I was told afterwards that the story won and that it was to be used for the BESC even though I said that it was posted elsewhere already. Still, it was used at the BESC and even though payment was promised it never reached me. So no worries, I didn't get any richer with your discomfort. But it is okay, after all it was made for free. If you didn't like it is great for you, who am I to tell you what to like and what not. It had a lot of videogame references because as i said before it was for a friend however not many would 've got them. In any case, I am just glad I didn't notice the discussion when it was fresh  :P

1) Don't sell yourself short, it's a good story and you're a good writer. 

2) F the haters.  Writers supply stories.  So good on you for stepping up to the plate and writing one for free and for a friend.

3) Had no idea you were Hattushilish.  Your "Lucky" series is very very good.  I know you said they were written a long time ago, they're done, you have no plans to revisit them, etc., and you've probably gotten zillions of msgs from freaks on deviantart, but PLEASE consider at least thinking about wondering about ruminating on the idea of possibly maybe continuing that saga.  You're a good writer, it would be a shame if you didn't write anymore.