*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
I didn't even realize he was still alive, but...:

Yahoo! News: "James Arness of Gunsmoke fame dead at 88"

Arness had a deputy with a pronounced limp, which distracted from his own limp, the result of being wounded in the landing at Anzio. And throughout the twenty-year series there was a kind of seething sexuality that anti-sex groups found distracting. During the first year in one episode the deputy went looking for Marshall Dillon; he went to the local bar/dance hall. Arness came out of an upstairs room, putting on his shirt. Miss Kitty's voice called out, "Come see me again."

Gawd, I loved that show!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

PregNut

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5929
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
Star of one of the best sitcoms of all time (Taxi) and of one of the most popular film musicals of all time (Grease), Jeff Conaway, was taken off life support earlier today. He was 60.
And co-starred one of the best sci-fi series of all-time, "Babylon 5."
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Leonard Stern: 1922-2011
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »
Television veteran Leonard Stern helped launch "The Honeymooners," was head writer for "The Steve Allen Show," and was executive producer of "Get Smart". "He invented what I have always thought and said was the best opening and closing pieces that define the show and that people always remember," said writer Buck Henry.

It was while working on an episode for "The Honeymooners" that Stern came up with his other contribution to popular culture. He needed a word to describe a character's nose. "I asked Roger (co-writer Roger Price) for a(n) ______NOUN_____, and before I could tell him what it was describing, he threw out 'clumsy' and 'naked.' We both started ______VERB_______," Mr. Stern told Publishers Weekly in 2008. They wrote out some ______PLURAL NOUN_____ with blanks and rolled them out over ______PLURAL NOUN_____ at Sardi's, where somebody contributed the "Mad Libs" name.

Book publishers said it was too much like a game, and game publishers weren't interested in selling a book. So they instead decided to self-publish and in a few years they formed their own publisher, called Price Stern Sloan. It really took off after Stern suggested a Mad Libs-style skit for 'The Steve Allen Show,' in which he was head writer. Allen asked the audience for a noun and adjective for an introduction of Bob Hope. The result: "And here's the scintillating Bob Hope, whose theme song is 'Thanks for the Communist.'"

Over 110 million "Mad Libs" books have been sold, with no signs of slowing down.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:24:58 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

The ground is deep with fallen leaves and nuts of White and Red Oak, and of Beech, that line and fill the footprints and the ruts which all along the wooded pathway reach. First claim, of course, to chipmunk and to squirrel for bleak mid-Winter sustenance belongs, as all around old leaves descend and twirl about, through feathered autumn songs.
"Oakwise", Nut Gathering at Alban Eve

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2011, 09:30:16 PM »
Alan Haberman, born in 1929, died yesterday.

More than any other person, he was responsible for the adoption of the Uniform Product Code, commonly called the bar code. He did not invent any part of the technology, and he had no authority but the power of his own persuasion, but in 1973 he got representatives of all the major grocery packagers and supermarket chains to accept one form of UPC. According to legend the potential users were at an impasse at a conference in San Francisco when Haberman invited them to dinner and a movie. The movie was "Deep Throat".
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »
The movie was "Deep Throat".


That's a deep subject.   ::) ;D

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Clarence Clemons 1942-2011
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »
"It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away," Springsteen said on his website, adding the cause was complications from Clemons' stroke last Sunday.

On Letterman

On The Daily Show

At Opening Day for the Florida Marlins, 4/4/2011

rtpoe

The ground is deep with fallen leaves and nuts of White and Red Oak, and of Beech, that line and fill the footprints and the ruts which all along the wooded pathway reach. First claim, of course, to chipmunk and to squirrel for bleak mid-Winter sustenance belongs, as all around old leaves descend and twirl about, through feathered autumn songs.
"Oakwise", Nut Gathering at Alban Eve

*

AgentDee

  • giant boobs are awesome!
  • 8603
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Clarence Clemons 1942-2011
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
"It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away," Springsteen said on his website, adding the cause was complications from Clemons' stroke last Sunday.
When they said that he'd had such a serious stroke, I knew in my heart that he was not long for this world. Still, this news is a very bad shock.

RIP Big Man.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

detroitmaggs

  • A Cup
  • 102
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
R.I.P. Ryan Dunn. He died in a car crash early this morning.

*

sidewalkpsycho

  • E Cup
  • 1396
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »
R.I.P. Ryan Dunn. He died in a car crash early this morning.


There was another person in the car as well. Obviously we don't have all the details yet, but if it turns out that he's responsible of that person's death, my opinion on him might change drastically. Too bad, he was my favorite Jackass member.
When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »

There was another person in the car as well. Obviously we don't have all the details yet, but if it turns out that he's responsible of that person's death, my opinion on him might change drastically. Too bad, he was my favorite Jackass member.

He was dead **92** and driving 132 miles per hour.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:14 PM »
What a jackass.....
rtpoe

The ground is deep with fallen leaves and nuts of White and Red Oak, and of Beech, that line and fill the footprints and the ruts which all along the wooded pathway reach. First claim, of course, to chipmunk and to squirrel for bleak mid-Winter sustenance belongs, as all around old leaves descend and twirl about, through feathered autumn songs.
"Oakwise", Nut Gathering at Alban Eve

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

Cutter

  • X Cup
  • 3236
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2011, 05:31:01 AM »
A fine example of why **94** alcohol then driving a car are a very bad combo.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!


My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

*

luvdemwhoppers

  • T Cup
  • 8196
  • Don Pauleboy
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
when you drink too much, you fall down hard.
I'm walkin' here