Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
Re: It is time!
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »
This happened to me yesterday!

I had returned from the gun show and even though I was not able to buy a gun I did have a fun day.
It appears that I needed to have 2 forms of ID to fill out the paperwork and all I had was my drivers license.

Even though my hip was hurting pretty bad, I went to the Golden Corral at about 4 pm and something remarkable happened to me.

A young black man came up to me at my table and asked me if I was a veteran. Even though it was pretty evident because I was wearing my Navy Vietnam Veteran ball cap and wearing a T-shirt that had written on it "Vietnam Veteran Medicated for Your Protection." I did not give a smart ass answer.
I just said "Yes" and he said he was paying for my dinner and thanked me for my service. I was stunned because I will, when I have the cash, pay for military members meals.

This had never happened to me before and it just goes to show you that with all this racial tension going on in our country today one young black man showed me respect and it is an honor to us both that he did this wonderful thing.
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2015, 09:00:42 PM »
Good for you Zorro ! Bravo Zulu !  :) That's so nice to hear. I've never experienced that but that's OK, I'm glad for you.  :)

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 05:44:22 AM »
That's a great t-shirt, too. ;)