*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

Cutter

  • X Cup
  • 3236
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »
I know nothing, I see nothing, and a swamp is a good place to 'relieve' yourself of some unneeded items.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!


My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

*

Ronald Ray Gun

  • A Cup
  • 118
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »
Simmer down internet. If people read the whole article, he says people that who can't afford it will get it for free. He's only price gouging successful people.

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:21:24 AM »
like the last 4 times he tried this shit?
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »
It costs a dollar to make, and suddenly he decides that whatever profit he gets from it isn't good enough and therefore hikes up the price to $750 a dose?

Reminds me of those snake-oil salesmen who eventually happen to die from the very disease that their junk purports to protect you from...let's hope history repeats itself.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »
Libertarian: Someone with the idea that Americans are not selfish enough.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
Simmer down internet. If people read the whole article, he says people that who can't afford it will get it for free. He's only price gouging successful people.

You are reading some other article in some other universe, Ron. He says no such thing. He "needs" the money to pay off a judgment for defrauding the last company he fucked over.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 07:48:01 PM »
He's only price gouging successful people.

...as if price gouging anyone is alright.

But then what do you expect from a former hedge fund manager? What a selfish, entitled, smarmy POS that man is.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

zeo

  • E Cup
  • 822
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:57 AM »
Libertarian: Someone with the idea that Americans are not selfish enough.

What annoys me most with political/economic discussions is the misinformation and lack of history. In this case that someone looks at the over century old history of interference by government in medical products and services and blames libertarians and the free market for it. Greed reaches its ultimate expression through the use of government power to restrict who may and who may not do business and to force people to do business with (only) the politically approved players.

The libertarian free market in this business sector ended in 1910. This is when the Flexner report was issued and action according to its recommendations began. This was the beginning of constricting competition to create higher prices for medical goods and services. Each "reform" since has either been to restrict players or distribute the costs across society to maintain the high prices and outsized profits for those in the effective cartel.

The free market harnesses greed and forces the greedy to serve their fellow man better and better, providing more for less continually. The state is used so that the greedy no longer need meet this obligation.

The guy this thread was started about is taking advantage of the structures the state created. Everything from artificially low borrowing costs to insiders to the extreme intellectual property monopolies enjoyed in the pharmaceutical industry and everything in between. There is absolutely nothing libertarian here.

(Once again I expect to be chided, but so long as those posts are allowed to stand I will reply from time to time until I am banned)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:32:47 AM by zeo »

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:32:06 AM »
The oppressive, despotic vile provision of government to which you object is Article One, section 8, clause 8 of the U.S. Constitution, and is quite a bit older than a century, though I can understand that you would want to blame it on that oppressive communist despot, Theodore Roosevelt.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.


*

zeo

  • E Cup
  • 822
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »
The oppressive, despotic vile provision of government to which you object is Article One, section 8, clause 8 of the U.S. Constitution, and is quite a bit older than a century, though I can understand that you would want to blame it on that oppressive communist despot, Theodore Roosevelt.

It's amazing how people substitute such nonsense for knowledge and intelligence. The fact is you asserted this has to do with libertarianism and in fact it has to do with a century plus of government providing ever more outsized profits for cronies.  More detail for you:
 
http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/martin-shkreli-is-a-piker-heres-how-big-pharma-does-it/

But hey go on blaming libertarians who haven't been in power since 1789.

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 06:34:53 PM »
oh great, more fodder on the mill of stupidity, where dreamobsessed americans try to point out that free healthcare is a bad thing
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »
oh great, more fodder on the mill of stupidity, where dreamobsessed americans try to point out that free healthcare is a bad thing

There is NO free health care. Your high taxes pay for it.

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: I bet I could kill this guy and there'd be no investigation
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 03:07:42 AM »
your high taxes pay for an oversized military and for some billionaires solid gold boat
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers