arm lift surgery experiences !!
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:45 AM »
Hi, I recently had an arm lift surgery in a clinic in Montreal and I think I have completely recovered from it, pretty much feeling normal and have a good arm movement. I'm a dancer, I can't keep not dancing for long. I would like to know if dancing cause any issues to the arm. I will be meeting the surgeon soon but still it will be good to hear from some of you who have had an arm lift surgery.

*

Eliza

  • 426
Re: arm lift surgery experiences !!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »
This seems extraordinarily off-topic, no?
All photos copyright Eliza D
unless otherwise stated.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: arm lift surgery experiences !!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:23:36 AM »
This seems extraordinarily off-topic, no?

Yup. I'm sure once the moderators wake up they will move it to a more appropriate section.

*

MasterDragonfly

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 8040
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
Re: arm lift surgery experiences !!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 09:15:13 PM »
Hi, I recently had an arm lift surgery in a clinic in Montreal and I think I have completely recovered from it, pretty much feeling normal and have a good arm movement. I'm a dancer, I can't keep not dancing for long. I would like to know if dancing cause any issues to the arm. I will be meeting the surgeon soon but still it will be good to hear from some of you who have had an arm lift surgery.

Your question is a bit open-ended. What do you mean by "cause any issues"?

Here's my thought process:

An arm lift (brachioplasty) merely removes excess skin. There's no reason that I can think of for the surgeon to be doing anything to the underlying musculature. It's nothing at all like having arthroscopic surgery for doing something such as a rotator cuff repair (something I have experience with), which tends to limit mobility, both due to pain/tightness as well as the surgeon's instructions short-term.

That said, I would think that you will / have been feeling some unfamiliar tightness when you flex your elbow or try to raise your arm up overhead or across your chest. You really want to avoid putting unnecessary extra tension on your stitches.

Your surgeon should have provided you with a recovery protocol to follow. Do this, don't do that. Did he not do this for you? Did you not discuss your dancing career with your surgeon? Did he not specify taking it easy for X days, at least until the stitches are out?

I'm unfamiliar with whether this surgery would require/recommend having physiotherapy to help get your full range of motion back, or what. I do know that if you push yourself to do things before the recommended timeframe, you put yourself at risk of a) tearing a stitch (more likely, tearing the skin the stitch is in), b) infection, c) making the scars more pronounced.

If you're in the camp of "I forgot what I was told" or "I'm just gonna wing it", then you need to contact your surgeon's office and get those instructions, and follow them. Once you're out of the risk period, then you'll want to take things slowly as far as getting your skin/scars to stretch a bit. You might even want to get a physiotherapist to help with the scars, but I'll leave that discussion for you to have with your surgeon.

Please look after yourself.

*

ned1212

  • A Cup
  • 463
Re: arm lift surgery experiences !!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:37:34 AM »
a surprising number of even relatively in-shape women seem to have this problem ... as young as 35