TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Funny Politics
« Reply #990 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »
From 2013:

"Congressman who used to be a high school English teacher irks GOP by marking their memos with a red pen."

Hoping that members of the House of Representatives will start using facts and coherent logic to advance the nation's interest is still a fool's errand, but there's one member of Congress, Rep. Mark Takano (D-CA), who's willing to at least pretend it's possible. Breaking out the teacher's most potent weapon, a red pen, he marked up Republican House members' letter to John Boehner **77** asking him to resist the immigration reform bill that has already passed America's slightly-less-insane upper chamber. Included in his comments are some words we haven't seen on a Congressional document in years, like "evidence," as well as an awesome invitation to "come by my office" if "you don't understand the bill."

Frankly, my favorite part is pointing out that given a proper word count, the bill is only 286 pages long. Why do I like this? Because "it's too long to read" is one of the GOP's new favorite reasons not to support things, which really does not help their anti-intellectual image. Obamacare, hate it or tolerate it, had about as many words as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, not that Congresspeople read at that grade level. Can we at least agree that Congress shouldn't sound so afraid of reading?

Congress is pretty much the least-popular thing in America, which is impressive in the land of Honey Boo-Boo and Chris Brown. If there's one kind of person who isn't afraid to do their job in the face of massive unpopularity, though, it's a high-school teacher.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #991 on: November 26, 2014, 06:01:23 PM »
:)

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #992 on: December 02, 2014, 02:55:29 AM »
 8)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

SamV

• My bra size? A 34H - H is for 'HUGE, you know!'
  • SaRenna Lee - the "Joan Holloway" prototype!
« Reply #993 on: December 02, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
From 2013:

"Congressman who used to be a high school English teacher irks GOP by marking their memos with a red pen."

Hoping that members of the House of Representatives will start using facts and coherent logic to advance the nation's interest is still a fool's errand, but there's one member of Congress, Rep. Mark Takano (D-CA), who's willing to at least pretend it's possible. Breaking out the teacher's most potent weapon, a red pen, he marked up Republican House members' letter to John Boehner **77** asking him to resist the immigration reform bill that has already passed America's slightly-less-insane upper chamber. Included in his comments are some words we haven't seen on a Congressional document in years, like "evidence," as well as an awesome invitation to "come by my office" if "you don't understand the bill."

Frankly, my favorite part is pointing out that given a proper word count, the bill is only 286 pages long. Why do I like this? Because "it's too long to read" is one of the GOP's new favorite reasons not to support things, which really does not help their anti-intellectual image. Obamacare, hate it or tolerate it, had about as many words as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, not that Congresspeople read at that grade level. Can we at least agree that Congress shouldn't sound so afraid of reading?

Congress is pretty much the least-popular thing in America, which is impressive in the land of Honey Boo-Boo and Chris Brown. If there's one kind of person who isn't afraid to do their job in the face of massive unpopularity, though, it's a high-school teacher.
And the author of the paper was quite disappointed since he thought the grading was going to be on a curve.  ::) :-\ :-X :P
** SaRenna's very own Beta Baby **
The only thing in life you have to earn is love; everything else you can steal.
{ Recently Returned from Internet Limbo! }

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #994 on: December 02, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »
A slightly more accurate version of a currently popular "meme"
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #995 on: December 12, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
:)
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #996 on: December 13, 2014, 12:01:48 AM »
 ;)

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #997 on: December 15, 2014, 04:25:55 AM »
In case anyone thought Fox News had any integrity, here is a screen cap from last September when the enrollment results for PP-ACA, which had exceeded expectations, were reported. Fox had a problem: It's empty talking heads had to report something that was contrary to its ideology. Inspect this carefully:

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #998 on: December 15, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
In case anyone thought Fox News had any integrity, here is a screen cap from last September when the enrollment results for PP-ACA, which had exceeded expectations, were reported. Fox had a problem: It's empty talking heads had to report something that was contrary to its ideology. Inspect this carefully:

Intentional disinformation like that has always been standard operating procedure at Faux Nooz. If called on it, they'd surely chalk it up to "an innocent mistake by a junior staffer" or some such nonsense. Frankly, every person there above the rank of janitor, up to and including Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, ought to finally have the human decency to simply admit that what they've been doing all these years does far more harm than good to America and the World and retire by noon today.

Those who refuse should get a free all-inclusive vacation at Club Med Guantanamo Bay in the company of the resort's permanent resident, Dick Cheney.   

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #999 on: December 16, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
Pooty Poot, you are in deep doo doo.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1000 on: December 16, 2014, 05:06:12 PM »
 8)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1001 on: December 17, 2014, 02:54:11 AM »
"Oh my Lord, shut it down, here is the greatest moment in the history of C-SPAN: A (very Southern) mama called into one of their shows to yell at the guests. Not because she disagrees, but because the guests are brothers and both her sons and she is sick and tired of their shit.

This perfect moment comes via the eagle-eyes at the Washington Post. You see, brothers Brad and Dallas Woodhouse sit on opposite sides of the the aisle, politically, and so they make joint appearances to argue bitterly about things like Obamacare. And their mother has had enough, by God, and so she called into their latest C-SPAN appearance from Raleigh, North Carolina to say that she is glad they both went to their in-laws' this year for Thanksgiving and she wants this nonsense out of their system BEFORE they come home for Christmas, goddammit. She loves them both, but she wants a peaceful Noel.

Watch and cringe as one of the brothers drops his head into his hands and bemoans, "Oh God, it's mom." At least they've got something to bond over before the trip home for the holidays."

YouTube: "Oh God, it's Mom..."

SamV

• My bra size? A 34H - H is for 'HUGE, you know!'
  • SaRenna Lee - the "Joan Holloway" prototype!
« Reply #1002 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »
A slightly more accurate version of a currently popular "meme"
To the tune of what like 4 billion dollars, that was spent by the candidates, both political parties, their deep pocket proxies, and an all time low in voter turn out in the last sixty years or more.

Yeah, the American people really gave them a mandate to govern this country for the next 2 years. ::) :-\ :-X
:P :P :P :P :P <=== raspberries
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:34:42 PM by SamV »
** SaRenna's very own Beta Baby **
The only thing in life you have to earn is love; everything else you can steal.
{ Recently Returned from Internet Limbo! }

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1003 on: December 17, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »
To the tune of what like 4 billion dollars, that was spent by the candidates, both political parties, their deep pocket proxies, and an all time low in voter turn out in the last sixty years or more.

Yeah, the American people really gave them a mandate to govern this country for the next 2 years. ::) :-\ :-X
:P :P :P :P :P <=== raspberries

The rough math is $40 a voter. I have a friend who used to sell tv advertising. He called election years "golden time".   8)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1004 on: December 18, 2014, 07:17:33 AM »
In the wake of (albeit not very well-fleshed-out) threats from the "Guardians of Peace", yesterday Sony said that it would not release The Interview, a so-called comedy by Seth Rogen about the assassination of the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un.