
From the first
New York Magazine
Big Brother recap column of the season:
"Upon entering the house,
Kalia sounds the first sour note of the evening: She hates communal showers and thinks the bathroom arrangement is “my nightmare come true.”
Porsche admits: “One of my best features is my personality … and the doctors did help a little bit.” At first I think Porsche is admitting to the use of doctor-prescribed psychiatric drugs to help her personality, but then I remember what I’m watching — she’s probably referring to breast implants, right? I’m starting to wonder if I should get cosmetic surgery, just to fit in. Maybe I’ll get bicep implants on my mouth...
Misgivings are cast aside as our contestants get to know each other. Keith doesn’t tell the others that he’s a deacon; he says he’s a matchmaker. For shame! Has he forgotten Matthew 5:15? (
“Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.”) Adam announces that he’s a metalhead who loves bacon and Beverly Hills 90210, which he says in his heavy-metal monster voice: “Nine-oh-two-one-URGGGGH!” Shelly lives in Baton Rouge; she’s married (my heart breaks) and has an 8-year-old daughter.
Kalia mentions her “dating column,” at which point we cut away to Keith: “God has blessed
Kalia extremely!” (He is referring to her breasts.)"