*

Belle

  • B Cup
  • 296
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »
Quote:

gOOber said:
 
Quote:

 Sin isn't ugly....it's beautiful.


WOW!  I didn't get the memo on that.




Sin is beautiful, fun, exciting, exotic, and downright fantastic!!

I think people fool themselves into thinking that sin is somehow unfun and unsexy.  And the worst is when you try to sell this same nonsense to young adults, to try to prevent them from going down the wrong path.  

At least tell them the truth.  Don't lie.  Sin is fun and exciting.  That is why we are all here on this forum!  If you're going to do something sinful, at least call it for what it is.  Be honest with yourself.

What Erica did is simple.  She got honest with herself (and God).  And decided to quit.  

We're no different.  Any one of us could get honest with ourselves and quit.  Pornography is an addiction, just like smoking or gambling.  

Many of the folks on this forum already know God just like Erica.. but choose to keep feeding the addiction.  Nobody said it was easy to quit.
After all, it's a fun addiction.

But it's just silly to trash God and faith.  If you find yourself cracking jokes about the futility of faith, or the "opiate of the masses", there's a deeper issue that you need to address.  We live our lives by faith everyday.  It takes faith to get in an airplane, or even drive a car.  Disregarding someone else's faith is not only sophomoric, it's naive.

What Erica has done is courageous.  Let's not try to let the be-addicts that we all are somehow overpower our reason and turn us ugly towards her or her faith.  My natural inclination is to be upset that we are losing a nice pair of tits from our global collective.  The nature of our obsession includes a sense of loss everytime we lose a woman and some folks lash out at the tangible loss.  We try to justify our loss by discrediting either the person who is leaving, or by trashing the thing that made her leave.  
--Classic addiction behavior.
It even happens when the object of our obsession somehow changes and becomes less of a fantasy and more of something else outside of our desire.  Look how everyone has basically turned their backs on PBD.  At one time she was the hottest thing we could imagine.. now I see guys badmouthing her.

Am I wrong?

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2008, 02:46:49 AM »
 No bosom is an island, entire of itself; every nice set of tits is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less...any disappearance of large breasts diminishes me, because I am involved in BE...
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »
 I'm not going to get into the 'leaving porn for God" thing... other than to say that anyone has a right to make whatever changes (in their life) that they see fit... we all enjoy that prerogative and she's no different. Whether that choice is based on sound reasoning or not is frankly not anyone's business but hers (and her friends and family).

IMO, she's always been one of the best-looking models around: naturally endowed, cute as a button and ridiculously photogenic. Even the multiple/independent reports suggesting that she's not the nicest person in RL, or that she's difficult to work with didn't diminish her appeal... after all, such things don't really impact me (as a fan of her work).

She's done a great deal of work and even if yesterday were the last day she ever gets photographed, there's still plenty of stuff from her to enjoy. I wish her luck and happiness in whatever she chooses to do.

*

Good_Grip

  • P Cup
  • 1495
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »
 
Quote:

Even the multiple/independent reports suggesting that she's not the nicest person in RL, or that she's difficult to work with didn't diminish her appeal... after all, such things don't really impact me (as a fan of her work).  




Where did you hear this?  Did you read Doug's post?  I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Erica.
Good_Grip

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
Breasts are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
I am thankful that she left tons of material of video and picture to the point that I don't think there is a patch of outer skin not explored!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »
Quote:

gOOber said:
Breasts are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.




And very big breasts are proof that God wants us to be very, very happy!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gmantwo

  • F Cup
  • 759
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
I'm with the crowd that says all of Erica's work becomes part of the monument that is big breast modeling and her retirement doesn't erase any part of it. There's dozens of 17 yo just waiting for their next b-day to join the party.

I also disagree with the poster who said being a nonbeliever is sophomoric. It could just as easily be said that believing is juvenile and medieval. We believe what we believe--calling each other names because of what we believe or don't believe is immature.

*

Mark_Stretch

  • B Cup
  • 52
    • MSGOTU
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
I just don't buy that there is the only way to live. As Cat Steven says, "there is a million ways to go"




Heh.  Ironic, given that he's another one who gave up everything that he had been before, swore off playing any instrument forever, for the greater glory of Allah.

I think that sometimes people do live their life without thinking too much about why they are doing the things they do.  It makes them very vulnerable to suggestion and as you said, some of those people can be unbelievably persistent.

Fame can be like a drug.  I think she just found a way to go cold turkey.

*

downtown

  • A Cup
  • 1
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2008, 01:44:35 AM »
Regardless of her reasons for choosing this new path, I'm still trying to determine whether or not the link I visited (http://www.clubericacampbell.com/) is legit--did anybody notice that at the end she not only offers refunds for new subscribers to her site (which is supposedly still taking new subscribers), she offers her "personal" email to "friends and fans"...which is misspelled.

[email protected]

I'm not much more of a sleuth than that, though--I haven't tried emailing it.  

*

Hugeboobfan

  • F Cup
  • 595
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2008, 09:28:28 AM »
Quote:

Belle said:
We live our lives by faith everyday.  It takes faith to get in an airplane, or even drive a car.  Disregarding someone else's faith is not only sophomoric, it's naive.




Huh.  And here I thought cars and airplanes worked on well-documented principles of mechanics and physics.  

*

DJPFC

  • Z Cup
  • 7571
    • http://www.pinupfiles.com
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
Quote:

downtown said:
Regardless of her reasons for choosing this new path, I'm still trying to determine whether or not the link I visited (http://www.clubericacampbell.com/) is legit--did anybody notice that at the end she not only offers refunds for new subscribers to her site (which is supposedly still taking new subscribers), she offers her "personal" email to "friends and fans"...which is misspelled.

[email protected]

I'm not much more of a sleuth than that, though--I haven't tried emailing it.  





www.ClubEricaCampbell.Com was supposed to be Erica's new site.  Her previous site, www.ericacampbell.com, was was bought out by other companies a while back.  This is why she was going to start up her own new site before she decided to simply quit altogether.
Check out our brand new, fully re-booted mega-site, PinupFiles/PinupGlam!  Featuring the best and hottest big boobed pinup gals on the web!



*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »
Quote:

dolt said:
 

I would hope that all of us on this site would wish the best in life for the models we like. The fact that so many people in this thread are furious with her--and not just for quitting but for the reason she quit--is pretty lame. Considering that it's a forum about porn, I would've thought the minds around here would be a bit more open and tolerant of other viewpoints.




I, for one, am not angry. I'm disappointed. She writes, "What I was doing 'wasn't porn'. I connected to(sic) well and so close with so many of my fans. I didn't realize what I was doing or why."

Erica now claims to be more "aware" than the women still working as models. For ten years she was taking off her shirt and shaking her titties in front of a camera, but never thought about it as porn? Huh? What was it, a movie career?

But sneering at other models isn't enough. She does a mind-reading stunt:

"I also want to help my fans...my friends...this void in your life and heart. you seek pornography to fill it..."

Ercia, let's make a deal: I don't pretend to read your mind, and you don't pretend to read mine. Okay? 'Cuz otherwise, you're coming off as a pompous, self-absorbed snob.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2008, 04:05:51 PM »
Well, I can understand where she could be coming from, as for the craze fan base she may have had. Some but not all can get into worshiping her for her beauty and fall in love with her. It seem that the most irrational can sound the loudest and most frightening, that end up warping your sense of normal people.

Most normal people don't write to a porn star and tell them how their porn makes them feel. I do think you have to have a good head on your shoulder to survive the porn experience well.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

Bonecracker

  • X Cup
  • 2783
  • member since 1995
    • How to understand moderators
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »
 Gents and Ladies,

Can we not just respect her decision and wish her well?  She was and is a class act all the way, and I for one (and Palomine as well I think from his posts) am very happy for her in her new convictions and say "God Bless, you left us with a lot of memories".

Best regards,

Bone...  


WARNING:
This post may contain items including, but not limited to, sarcasm, irony, hyperbole intended to bring humor to this discussion. Those of you without a sense of humor, best ignore my posts.
There's a lot of internet out there, be sure to look around!