*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »
Cheese tortellini with tomato sauce & pumpkin bread for desert - the inaugural meal for my new stove, a 1950 Wedgewood 40" range I just finished restoring. It is an absolute pleasure to cook with  :)

Cool stove Chris! :) Did you actually have stuff re-enameled and re-chromed, etc...?


*

ChrisR1

  • G Cup
  • 1759
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
No, I didn't go quite that far. The enamel is in really good condition, as is most of the chrome. I'll have the griddle and the trim along the top at the timer re-plated soon, and maybe get the burner grates re-enameled at some point. I did completely take disassemble the burner and gas distribution system, and spent a lot of time cleaning with a small brush and industrial degreasers, before putting it all together again and tuning the range venturis for optimal flame.

BTW, in keeping with the thread, I tested the simmer caps when preparing wild mushroom gnocchi tonight.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:58:16 PM by ChrisR1 »
Work, work, work. Hello boys, have a good night's rest, I missed you. - Gov. William J. LePetomane

*

BarnacleBill

  • P Cup
  • 1662
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
Cool looking stove.

I just wanted to let everyone know I had a lovely Jambalaya, but I had to substitute several ingredients:

 I used pork chops instead of Andouille sausage, no shrimp (didn't have a sub for that), I used old onion flakes that had been in my pantry for years instead of a whole onion, used garlic powder instead of 2 garlic cloves, I used 4 chicken bouillon cubes (boiled and dissolved in 4 cups water) instead of 2 cans of chicken stock, and I used a potato instead of 3 stalks of celery.  Added some paprika, bay leaves, cayenne pepper and several spoons of Pete's Hot sauce.

It sounds crazy, but it was very good over white rice. :D
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
Fried eggs, wheat toast, sweet iced tea, and a pear.
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
Marinated shortribs, prep for tomorrow:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:13:23 PM by Palomine »

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Orange chicken, brown rice, and sweet iced tea.
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

Q_BE

  • P Cup
  • 5871
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »
Pal, if I ever make it out to SoCal, I'm coming to your house for dinner.

That is, if he'll soil his carpet with the feet of us conservatives... ;D

Q-"Would you let me in?"-BE :P

*

sidewalkpsycho

  • E Cup
  • 1396
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
Actually a few days ago (and the pic isn't mine, but just to give you an idea):

When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »
Last night it was a steak sandwich(medium rare) with garlc butter and mozarella, and a side salad.
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

BarnacleBill

  • P Cup
  • 1662
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
A few nights ago I had a real treat.  A real country dinner made from scratch.

1.  Cornbread.
2.  Pinto beans (that had been soaked overnight, and then slowly simmered for 2 1/2 hours)
3.  Deep fried catfish
4. collared greens

What a delight!  ;D
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #265 on: November 20, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
Chili con bambi
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »
Onion rings, side salad with creamy garlic dressing, Steak DeBurgo(medium), rice, sweet iced tea, and 2 choc. chip cookies for dessert.
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
Whole wheat spaghetti with home made sauce.  Garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, two kinds of bell peppers, extra-lean hamburger.  LOTS of parmesan cheese on top.
That's my one bad meal for the week, but it's worth it!

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

homevintner

  • L Cup
  • 8221
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
Tater tot casserole
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

*

notty

  • Z Cup
  • 3682
  • Deflating egos since 2004
Re: O.T.F. Survey: What did you have for dinner?
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
1. Diet Coke
2. cigarette
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread