*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9630 on: October 09, 2024, 12:18:52 AM »
Something bipartisan that im sure we can all agree on; the Biden Admin's response to Hurricane Helene has been one of the worst government responses to a natural disaster in US history.

BTW apart from everything else, did you know this was happening?
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9631 on: October 11, 2024, 09:43:44 PM »
So Comrade Kamala Harris was just caught using a teleprompter at a Town Hall. Border Czar Harris likes to use to change her accent depending on where she is speaking as well.
Her 60 Minutes interview was a total disaster. CBS was caught changing and editing her answers.

She is such a total fraud.

And something bipartisan we can all agree on, the way she was handed the Democratic Presidential Nominee was the most undemocratic thing in our lifetime. She was the most unpopular VP in history, MSM was running articles about Biden needing to drop her, she was to first to quit in the 2020 primaries. How democratic is that?
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9632 on: October 23, 2024, 10:44:50 PM »
Less than 2 weeks now.

Kamala pulling out all the tricks and hoaxes to try to smear Trump. She just had a Town hall on CNN and as much as Anderson Cooper tried to save her from her past remarks and let her make up for them, she still bombed, even with pre determined questions.

No one likes her and no one ever did.

Trump on the other hand....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 11:06:41 PM by StrikezOne »
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9633 on: November 06, 2024, 10:38:20 PM »
Viva America!
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9634 on: November 08, 2024, 07:03:31 PM »
Happy now?

“Your body, my choice:” Hate and harassment towards women spreads online
https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispatches/your-body-my-choice-hate-and-harassment-towards-women-spreads-online/

"On TikTok, female users are reporting that accounts are commenting “your body, my choice” en masse on their posts. One TikTok creator stated: “I had to delete a video because I was being threatened and several men commenting [sic] saying they couldn’t wait until I get r@ped or ‘your body my choice.’” Another stated: “I woke up this morning to men commenting ‘your body, my choice.’ In a TikTok forum on Reddit, a user posted: “Last night I reported one of the many comments I’ve seen saying ‘Your body, my choice.’ The comment has been left up and the report has been marked as not a violation. How? HOW THE FUCK is that not a violation?”"

Nyack students of color receiving racist text messages, district says. What to know
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2024/11/07/slave-texts-with-trump-vance-named-sent-to-new-york-middle-school-high-school-students/76112531007/

Photo from the article:
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

Shadowmuse Blown

  • Author of Breast Expansion Fiction
  • 31092
  • Tory Avalon is getting bigger, again!
    • Shadowmuse Blown's Blog
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9635 on: November 08, 2024, 10:39:53 PM »
Hate & discord spread

Image removed. Not acceptable. I understand that tensions are high but for every post by a right-wing nutjob there is a post by a far-left nutjob calling for people who voted Republican to be shot and killed. It is NOT all on one side  - Salem
« Last Edit: November 09, 2024, 08:30:05 AM by salem »
~Cris

*

salem

  • Moderator
  • 76386
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9636 on: November 09, 2024, 08:37:49 AM »
Happy now?

“Your body, my choice:” Hate and harassment towards women spreads online
https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispatches/your-body-my-choice-hate-and-harassment-towards-women-spreads-online/

"On TikTok, female users are reporting that accounts are commenting “your body, my choice” en masse on their posts. One TikTok creator stated: “I had to delete a video because I was being threatened and several men commenting [sic] saying they couldn’t wait until I get r@ped or ‘your body my choice.’” Another stated: “I woke up this morning to men commenting ‘your body, my choice.’ In a TikTok forum on Reddit, a user posted: “Last night I reported one of the many comments I’ve seen saying ‘Your body, my choice.’ The comment has been left up and the report has been marked as not a violation. How? HOW THE FUCK is that not a violation?”"

Nyack students of color receiving racist text messages, district says. What to know
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2024/11/07/slave-texts-with-trump-vance-named-sent-to-new-york-middle-school-high-school-students/76112531007/

Photo from the article:

Cherry picking at its finest.

I have seen COUNTLESS videos from tiktok in recent days of people calling for Republicans AND Trump supporters to be shot and killed. So don't try acting like it is all on one side. One OBGYN got FIRED for posting that she hopes all female Trump supporters daughters get ectopic pregnancies.

Difference is, I recognise that it is the extreme fringes of the political spectrum making these comments on BOTH sides. My advice, climb out of your echo chamber and exercise a bit of common sense. There is a huge majority of Americans who do NOT act this way. This is the crazies.

The post blow is from a SCHOOL TEACHER, yes, that's right. These are the people teaching your cihildren

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9637 on: November 09, 2024, 08:40:42 AM »
Hate & discord spread

Image removed. Not acceptable. I understand that tensions are high but for every post by a right-wing nutjob there is a post by a far-left nutjob calling for people who voted Republican to be shot and killed. It is NOT all on one side  - Salem

Thanks for removing that.  :)

*

salem

  • Moderator
  • 76386
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9638 on: November 09, 2024, 09:55:26 AM »
Hate & discord spread

Image removed. Not acceptable. I understand that tensions are high but for every post by a right-wing nutjob there is a post by a far-left nutjob calling for people who voted Republican to be shot and killed. It is NOT all on one side  - Salem

Thanks for removing that.  :)

Things are very polarized right now, Sol and it is very sad to see. Let me be clear though, if I saw anybody saying 'Your body, my choice' to a woman, I would happily hold them down while I let all the women in the vicinity kick his balls into mush... In much the same way I would give anyone calling for the death of Trump voters a total dressing down.

People get so riled up, they simply don't realise the vast majority of American voters simply DO NOT behave in that way. You will always get the fanatics (in my experience they come more from the left these days than the right) and yes, deal with them by all means, but I am a firm believer in the fact that there is more that we share in common that that which divides us, and politics is very divisive. I even saw a recent report that a whistleblower reported that people with Trump signs in their yards were to be IGNORED by FEMA during Hurricane Milton during relief operations. This is how bad it as got.

Incidentally, you will be happy to see...

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9639 on: November 09, 2024, 09:48:42 PM »
Happy now?

“Your body, my choice:” Hate and harassment towards women spreads online
https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispatches/your-body-my-choice-hate-and-harassment-towards-women-spreads-online/

"On TikTok, female users are reporting that accounts are commenting “your body, my choice” en masse on their posts. One TikTok creator stated: “I had to delete a video because I was being threatened and several men commenting [sic] saying they couldn’t wait until I get r@ped or ‘your body my choice.’” Another stated: “I woke up this morning to men commenting ‘your body, my choice.’ In a TikTok forum on Reddit, a user posted: “Last night I reported one of the many comments I’ve seen saying ‘Your body, my choice.’ The comment has been left up and the report has been marked as not a violation. How? HOW THE FUCK is that not a violation?”"

Nyack students of color receiving racist text messages, district says. What to know
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2024/11/07/slave-texts-with-trump-vance-named-sent-to-new-york-middle-school-high-school-students/76112531007/

Photo from the article:

Cherry picking at its finest.

I have seen COUNTLESS videos from tiktok in recent days of people calling for Republicans AND Trump supporters to be shot and killed. So don't try acting like it is all on one side. One OBGYN got FIRED for posting that she hopes all female Trump supporters daughters get ectopic pregnancies.

Difference is, I recognise that it is the extreme fringes of the political spectrum making these comments on BOTH sides. My advice, climb out of your echo chamber and exercise a bit of common sense. There is a huge majority of Americans who do NOT act this way. This is the crazies.

The post blow is from a SCHOOL TEACHER, yes, that's right. These are the people teaching your cihildren

Have you noticed that right after her name, she has a Communist Hammer and Sickle emblem? And she is a teacher? If people wonder why educational standards have dropped, it's because radicals are now in charge of schools.  :'( Historically, Stalin and Mao killed a lot more of their own people than Hitler did. Hitler was evil, but Communists have killed a lot more people. The Soviet Gulags were much more extensive and lasted for many more years than the German concentration camps. Far left and far Right are evil authoritarians without check and balances and they both cause misery to the people who both claim that they are for. There is an old Chinese curse saying that you may live in interesting times.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9640 on: November 11, 2024, 10:35:02 PM »
Happy now?

“Your body, my choice:” Hate and harassment towards women spreads online
https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispatches/your-body-my-choice-hate-and-harassment-towards-women-spreads-online/

"On TikTok, female users are reporting that accounts are commenting “your body, my choice” en masse on their posts. One TikTok creator stated: “I had to delete a video because I was being threatened and several men commenting [sic] saying they couldn’t wait until I get r@ped or ‘your body my choice.’” Another stated: “I woke up this morning to men commenting ‘your body, my choice.’ In a TikTok forum on Reddit, a user posted: “Last night I reported one of the many comments I’ve seen saying ‘Your body, my choice.’ The comment has been left up and the report has been marked as not a violation. How? HOW THE FUCK is that not a violation?”"

Nyack students of color receiving racist text messages, district says. What to know
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2024/11/07/slave-texts-with-trump-vance-named-sent-to-new-york-middle-school-high-school-students/76112531007/

Photo from the article:

Donald Trump has been President Elect for six days and:

-EU says they will buy US gas and not Russian
-Qatar kicks out Hamas leaders
-Putin will sell oil in US dollars
-NYC Mayor ends vouchers for illegal migrants
-China wants to work peacefully with the US
-Hamas begins calling for end to war
-Mexico to stop migrants at US border
-Bitcoin hits record high
-Stock market hits record high

Yeah I am happy now!

I am not going to find some example of what represents probably less than 1% of Trump voters and use that as a metric to highlight what a wrong choice Trump was. Who is to say that Democrats/Liberals didnt send out these messages themselves just to gaslight, ie Jussie Smullett, that Michigan governor hoax, or all those fake smear hoaxes?
It is actually quite telling that you would actually choose this one specific thing to post about. Not anything about making America healthy, not about the two failed assassination attempts and top Dems calling Trump nazi and maybe disavowing that type of rhetoric, not the fact that Trump is going to bring down energy costs by 50% within a year, not about how wrong you and your party were about everything Covid, not about how Kamala staff are unpaid and how she owes about $20 million, not about the Hurricane Helene, not about how Kamala undemocratically replaced Biden, not about Trumps promise to END the Ukraine war before Jan. 20th.... No, you chose to take the time to post about some random hate speech trend that seemed to last only hours that does not represent anywhere near even the minority of MAGA.

TRUMP TRAIN!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2024, 10:37:32 PM by StrikezOne »
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

Shadowmuse Blown

  • Author of Breast Expansion Fiction
  • 31092
  • Tory Avalon is getting bigger, again!
    • Shadowmuse Blown's Blog
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9641 on: November 12, 2024, 10:48:16 PM »
The secretary of defense is a Fox News anchor?  WTF?
~Cris

*

Shadowmuse Blown

  • Author of Breast Expansion Fiction
  • 31092
  • Tory Avalon is getting bigger, again!
    • Shadowmuse Blown's Blog
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9642 on: November 12, 2024, 10:56:06 PM »
Hate & discord spread

Image removed. Not acceptable. I understand that tensions are high but for every post by a right-wing nutjob there is a post by a far-left nutjob calling for people who voted Republican to be shot and killed. It is NOT all on one side  - Salem

Do what you want, you are a moderator, but I stand beside it from what he has said, himself.  My image has nothing to do with what far right or far left nuts have to say.  It was a representation of the president-elect’s ideology and those whom he surrounds himself with.  Now, his buddy Elon wants to buy all the TV channels to control the media?  Is that right?  That’s what dictatorships do.  Squash opposition and punish those with different opinions.  It is coming and we may lose the right to vote in the end.  I definitely stand by the picture I posted from all I’ve seen and heard.  It will be like nothing we have seen before in this country.  The man talks like a true fascist.  Removing my image will not change that. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2024, 11:09:58 PM by Shadowmuse Blown »
~Cris

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9643 on: November 13, 2024, 11:47:20 PM »
I, for one, simply won’t come here.  This is my only visit. Things that are said here just get me too angry and too depressed.  We live in very scary times and the way people demonize each other and support immoral people just makes me sick.

So much for this.

The secretary of defense is a Fox News anchor?  WTF?

There are only two possible options for this post.

1. You saw, heard or read that Pete Hegseth is a Fox News anchor and stopped right there.
2. You saw, heard or read that Pete Hegseth is a Fox News anchor and also that he is a 20+ year combat veteran who served tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan receiving two Bronze Stars and also earned his Bachelors from Princeton and a Masters at Harvard yet you chose to omit that info.

Either one, its reasons like this Democrats lost the Presidency, House, and Senate.

Do what you want, you are a moderator, but I stand beside it from what he has said, himself.  My image has nothing to do with what far right or far left nuts have to say.  It was a representation of the president-elect’s ideology and those whom he surrounds himself with.

And what ideology is that exactly? America First?

Now, his buddy Elon wants to buy all the TV channels to control the media?  Is that right?

You mean the same media that told us if we got the Covid shot, we wouldnt get Covid?
You mean the same media that told us the Hunter laptop was Russian disinfo?
You mean the same media that told us there was Trump/Russia collusion for 4+ years?
You mean the same media that told us there was Trump pee tapes?
You mean the same media that told us Trump was going to start WW3?
You mean the same media that told us there was mostly peaceful protests while standing in front of a burning city?
You mean the same media that told us for 3 years that Biden was sharp and on his feet faster than anyone?

That’s what dictatorships do.  Squash opposition and punish those with different opinions.

Who wants to tell him?  :o

It is coming and we may lose the right to vote in the end.

Voter ID, paper ballots, same day voting. Argue against it logically without invoking race or gender.

It will be like nothing we have seen before in this country.  The man talks like a true fascist.  Removing my image will not change that. 

Why didnt he do any of these things in his first four years as POTUS? What exactly did he do in his first term that made him a fascist?
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

Shadowmuse Blown

  • Author of Breast Expansion Fiction
  • 31092
  • Tory Avalon is getting bigger, again!
    • Shadowmuse Blown's Blog
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #9644 on: November 14, 2024, 10:50:15 PM »
I, for one, simply won’t come here.  This is my only visit. Things that are said here just get me too angry and too depressed.  We live in very scary times and the way people demonize each other and support immoral people just makes me sick.

So much for this.


Yeah, I’d actually kinda forgot I said that.  But, I should have stuck by it.  Your responses as usual assume things that aren’t true about me, but whatever.  I know what I’ve heard and seen.  I’m not here to convince you of anything because I would never succeed.  Don’t care really.  You elected him and now this country will suffer.  It is what it is.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2024, 09:05:20 AM by Shadowmuse Blown »
~Cris