*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
Happy thanksgiving to all my BEA friends!



You too ! I'll be at my brother's eating his groceries and watching Football on his new 70" LED TV. Hopefully my Cowgirls won't disappoint.  :P

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12423
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
Do not let it be forgotten as you stuff your face with turkey:

You are what you eat....

:D

Happy National Harvest Festival everyone!
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »
Gobble gobble tov on this Thanksgivukkah!
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

gonZo

  • pain in the ass moderator
  • 9718
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 07:23:03 AM »
 8) another old, marginally-related photo

*

Ninjaturtle

  • XXX Cup
  • 1886
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »
My bird is in the oven. I just spent a good 20 minutes preparing her and whatnot.

Now I just wait, baste, then put her back in and go back to **82**!

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Have a breast!

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
On this day of thanks and mass consumption, I must ask the burning topical question (yea, even more pressing than the Ginger vs Mary Ann debate):

 Do you slop a big dollop of Cool Whip onto your slice of pumpkin pie, or do you prefer to enjoy it 'au naturel'?

 As for me, the answer is... without.

 While I have nothing against Cool Whip per se, I like to experience the inherent pumpkin-y flavor in full force without unnecessary adornments (gilding the lily, and all that).
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

Ninjaturtle

  • XXX Cup
  • 1886
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
I don't eat squash pies. Blech.

I have blueberry or apple with extra creamy redi whip on it

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 02:19:15 AM »
 :o
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 05:51:41 AM »
I can't stand whipped cream on anything.

Meanwhile:

Dissident Voice: "How I Stopped Hating Thanksgiving and Learned to Be Afraid"

Quote
I have stopped hating Thanksgiving and learned to be afraid of the holiday.

Over the past few years a growing number of white people have joined the longstanding indigenous people’s critique of the holocaust denial that is at the heart of the Thanksgiving holiday. In two recent essays, I have examined the disturbing nature of a holiday rooted in a celebration of the European conquest of the Americas, which means the celebration of the Europeans’ genocidal campaign against Indigenous people that is central to the creation of the United States.

Many similar pieces have been published in predominantly white left/progressive media, while indigenous people continue to mark the holiday as a “National Day of Mourning.”

In recent years I have refused to participate in Thanksgiving Day meals, even with friends and family who share this critical analysis and reject the national mythology around manifest destiny. In bowing out of those gatherings, I would often tell folks that I hated Thanksgiving. I realize now that “hate” is the wrong word to describe my emotional reaction to the holiday. I am afraid of Thanksgiving. More accurately, I am afraid of what Thanksgiving tells us about both the dominant culture and much of the alleged counterculture.

Here’s what I think it tells us: As a society, the United States is intellectually dishonest, politically irresponsible, and morally bankrupt. This is a society in which even progressive people routinely allow national and family traditions to trump fundamental human decency. It’s a society in which, in the privileged sectors, getting along and not causing trouble are often valued above honesty and accountability. Though it’s painful to consider, it’s possible that such a society is beyond redemption. Such a consideration becomes frightening when we recognize that all this goes on in the most affluent and militarily powerful country in the history of the world, but a country that is falling apart — an empire in decline.

Thanksgiving should teach us all to be afraid...
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
Quote
I can't stand whipped cream on anything.
Not me!
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
^--Well played, gOOber!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Ninjaturtle

  • XXX Cup
  • 1886
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
their love potion no 9 was such a great track. I think I wore out that record while in high school

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
Yeah, it looks good :)
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

Robin_K2

  • A Cup
  • 3443
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 06:52:40 AM »
Marilyn says, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

*

Ronald Ray Gun

  • A Cup
  • 118
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.
Happy Thanksgiving!