*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Do Jews own the media?
« on: October 05, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
Depends on your definition of "Jews", "ownership" and "media", I suppose.

Rick Sanchez, who was until last week on CNN, was fired mainly because he dissed his employer on Sirius satellite radio, but also partly for his "intemperate remarks" about Jews, which you can hear in full here. What's sad about that rant is that you can hear the host of the show try his best to make him think about what he was saying, and he even tried to give him a chance to STFU and backtrack, yet Sanchez continued to put his foot in his mouth all the way up to the knee. As Dominick said later, "He came with a live grenade in his mouth, and he pulled the pin."

Needless to say, the entire episode gave one of the subjects of the attack, Jon Stewart, still more grist for his mill.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:26:50 PM by TheZookie007 »
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:00:53 PM »
I think it's fairly obvious that his show wasn't doing well and this faux pas just gave the CNN brass a way to get rid of him early ...he probably knew the writing was on the wall... technically, he/his show was a temporary replacement and CNN had been promoting the show that was already scheduled to replace it (that thing with Elliot Spitzer) for quite a while now. So, Sanchez knew that he was losing that time slot and that his ratings were low... he probably decided to quit and being the not-all-that-bright fellow he's proven himself to be, he just let himself lose control and spout off during that radio interview... not considering how foolish it was: he didn't just burn that bridge, he nuked it.

I thought Sanchez was a tool long before his anti-semetic paranoid rant... I think I've even mentioned him a couple of times here before based on what a doofus he came across as on his show: pompous, self-important, of barely average intelligence, etc... From the montage of behind-the-scenes clips of Sanchez that Stewart played last night (wherein striking parallels were drawn between the real-life Rick Sanchez and the fictional character Michael Scott from "The Office" portrayed by Steve Carrel) it's clear that I'm probably not the only one on the planet who thinks Sanchez is a tool... I'll wager most of his coworkers felt the same way before his career suicide by talkradio host last Friday.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:14:13 PM by Palomine »

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
Oh, boy!

First, I gather that Rick Sanchez is a television personality of some sort. I've never heard of him.

Second, in the early 1960s the U of Chicago hired Fr. Andrew Greeley, a Catholic priest who worked a lot with statistics. I took a class from him, and he was one of my three or four favorite teachers, mostly because he understood statistics. He also worked with the National Opinion Research Center, whom we lovingly referred to as "Nork". One of the things he worked on was analyzing the Irish-American immigrant community, sorting the differences among first and second generation Irish-Americans and sorting their differences from other groups. Most of the work was published in his book, A Most Distressful Nation.

When I hear stupid remarks like, "Jews own the media" or "Liberals own the media", I know two things: The person talking has shit for brains; and I don't care.

One of the things Greeley discovered was the "courthouse-to-white house" effect of ethnicity. Starting in the 1850s and 1860s Irish immigrants in large cities, mostly Boston and New York, became politically active. By 1880 most Northern city governments and police departments were majority Irish. By 1910 to 1920 many state governors were of Irish ancestry. In a survey done by Nork in 1960 of members of the U.S. foreign service career diplomats, 80% identified themselves as being of Irish ethnicity. And that year the first American of Irish ethnicity was elected president.

Electrical engineers? A few. Heart surgeons? A few. Airplane pilots? A few. Politicians? All over.

So was it a Celtic conspiracy? Hardly.

Between the creation of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and today, anybody want to look up how many Secretaries of Agriculture were of German ancestry?
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »
Jews own the guys that own the media

Pal replies (don't be pissed by my edit btw ;) ): well, that explains our friend Gilroy's absence from these forums... he must be busy! ;)


what edit? :p
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:41:51 PM by Shara »
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:12:33 PM »
(that thing with Elliot Spitzer) 

WHOA!!

There's gonna be a show called "Whores I Dropped Four Grand On"???

Shit, I may start watching tv again!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

MunchWolf

  • What Tagline?
  • 11463
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »


Pal replies (don't be pissed by my edit btw ;) )



edit?  Jews own the BEA now?

-Munch "not surprising .. have you seen Jewish women?  They have tits out to here ---------------------->" Wolf

*

SwitcherX

  • Legend
  • 6953
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
White supremist William Pierce wrote a well known article on the matter.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister


"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Thanks a lot, Switcher, now I have to wash my computer with sulfuric acid. Next time give a guy a heads-up before you link to a white supremacist site, would ya?
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

SwitcherX

  • Legend
  • 6953
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »
Did you think an article by a white supremist would be on Rachel Maddow's personal site or somthing? ???
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister


"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

*

RandomX

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5718
    • www.overflowingforum.com
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
I'm a Jew and I don't even own a home.
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

*

MrsPacman1

  • E Cup
  • 707
  • this is NOT a morph!
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:25 PM »
Rick Sanchez...UGH.  :P

I had the "pleasure" of watching him on WSVN 7 news in Miami for many many years. The guy was always a smug, self-important douchebag. The Cuban-American population treated him like a golden boy because of his roots...and the fact that he was from Hialeah ;)

During the Hurricane Andrew aftermath, he was reporting on damage in some of the homestead neighborhoods when a fire broke out in one of the homes. On live TV, he shouted, "HURRY!! Get the cameras on that!" when there were people still in and around the house while it was burning. I only saw that footage once...it was never aired again. But that was back in '92. The media is a whole different animal these days  ::). Then there was that little hit and run incident after a Dolphin game where he **88** someone (who also died 5 years later). Well, the police let him walk away because of who he was. 

Total winner, that Rick Sanchez - let me tell ya!

I wonder what ever happened to his co-anchor, Sally Fitz, after the whole 'dildo incident'?

Mrs*Miami Springs, baby!*Pacman
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:49:08 PM by MrsPacman1 »

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 11:44:55 PM »
I'm a Jew and I don't even own a home.


Perhaps but like Munch said, you have tits out to ................THERE !!  :o ;D

*

Shara

  • Cup Runneth O'er
  • 8727
  • version 1.337
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »
ergo munch is always right, unless I disagree
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

*

SamV

  • My bra size? A 34H - H is for 'HUGE, you know!'
  • 2483
  • SaRenna Lee - the "Joan Holloway" prototype!
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
I'm a Jew and I don't even own a home.
Ahh, the problem might be RandyX is you're a JINO - Jewish, In Name Only! :o ::) ;)

Sam "Of course I might be wrong if MW is right about the Jewish tits thing" V
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:28:24 AM by SamV »
** SaRenna's very own Beta Baby **
The only thing in life you have to earn is love; everything else you can steal.
{ Recently Returned from Internet Limbo! }

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Do Jews own the media?
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
I'm a Jew and I don't even own a home.

RandomX, speaking for myself, I would be a lot happier if you owned the whole damnned television world.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.