*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »
38 degrees and raining.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

PregNut

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5929
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
Hit 80 this week for the first time since November, so, of course, I now have a cold. >:(
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

*

Q_BE

  • P Cup
  • 5871
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
Hit 80 this week for the first time since November, so, of course, I now have a cold. >:(

Try some Zicam Cold Remedy.

Q-"I'm guessing you've seen your first cold symptom..."-BE ;)

*

RandomX

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5718
    • www.overflowingforum.com
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »
It was 78 yesterday, 80 today and it'll drop back down to 60 for the rest of this week.
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

*

Real

  • G Cup
  • 2479
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »
right now it's -8 with a -31 windchill where I live.  In weird farenheit degrees that is.

-22 / -35 in real temperature.

worst winter in forever  >:(
My current avatar is: Manda Dawn

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 01:38:46 PM »
right now it's -8 with a -31 windchill where I live.  In weird farenheit degrees that is.

-22 / -35 in real temperature.

worst winter in forever  >:(

Getting close to -40, where it doesn't matter.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

brakblake

  • E Cup
  • 837
    • My Artwork
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »
I was traveling back from Austin over the weekend and I started in Abilene where it was 70F at 8AM and stayed that way for 4 hours...then it steadily dropped till i got to the other side of the mountains from the city I live in (Albuquerque) and it had dropped all the way down to 37F XD....not to mention the wind blowing at the car DESTROYING the gas mileage on the car i was using (it dropped 30% compared to normal).....so the weather was REALLY great on my trip... XD
Artwork: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com/

Major Zoidberg/Futurama Nerd.

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »
I was traveling back from Austin over the weekend and I started in Abilene where it was 70F at 8AM and stayed that way for 4 hours...then it steadily dropped till i got to the other side of the mountains from the city I live in (Albuquerque) and it had dropped all the way down to 37F XD....not to mention the wind blowing at the car DESTROYING the gas mileage on the car i was using (it dropped 30% compared to normal).....so the weather was REALLY great on my trip... XD

While a strong headwind certainly can eat into your MPG, Albequerque is almost a mile higher in elevation than Austin, so you were driving uphill quite a bit for quite a while at some point... that impacts MPG too. I live up in the hills myself and have pondered the problem many times... yet I still can't seem to figure a way that I can only drive downhill all the time. ;)

Within the bounds of safety (of course) next time you'd like a mileage boost, push your tire pressure a bit... to the upper end of the range advised for your car. Also, cruise control at a reasonable pace (if you have it) helps too... smoother and more consistent than even a practiced foot on the accelerator.



*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
I`ve just returned from the Yucatan and it`s the same temperature there in February as it was in October. Is that weird or what? ::)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
I`ve just returned from the Yucatan and it`s the same temperature there in February as it was in October. Is that weird or what? ::)

You're just showing off.

34 degrees and hail in Seattle.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »
You're just showing off.

34 degrees and hail in Seattle.
Nyah Nyah
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

brakblake

  • E Cup
  • 837
    • My Artwork
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:33 AM »

While a strong headwind certainly can eat into your MPG, Albequerque is almost a mile higher in elevation than Austin, so you were driving uphill quite a bit for quite a while at some point... that impacts MPG too. I live up in the hills myself and have pondered the problem many times... yet I still can't seem to figure a way that I can only drive downhill all the time. ;)

Within the bounds of safety (of course) next time you'd like a mileage boost, push your tire pressure a bit... to the upper end of the range advised for your car. Also, cruise control at a reasonable pace (if you have it) helps too... smoother and more consistent than even a practiced foot on the accelerator.




*scratched out what i wrote in reply so far and replace it with the following* So yeah...it is just abut a mile difference in elevation looked it up just to make sure that I wasnt making a fool of myself....but back to my point I really didnt think about the elevation difference very much....considering the mileage doesnt change that much on driving down/back up only 1,000 feet in elevation (between Gallup and Albuquerque or even Las Cruces and Albuquerque).....so it's a force of habit to assume thigns stay (relatively) the same XD
Artwork: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com/

Major Zoidberg/Futurama Nerd.

*

MrsPacman1

  • E Cup
  • 707
  • this is NOT a morph!
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:33 AM »
It's 34 degrees and raining. Unfortunately, it's expected to turn into a "wintry mix" later this evening and throughout the weekend. YAY!

Even so, I still have my flip flops on.  ;)


Mrs*crazy midwesterner*Pacman

*

sidewalkpsycho

  • E Cup
  • 1396
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: "the weather here is great!"
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
It's 34 degrees and raining. Unfortunately, it's expected to turn into a "wintry mix" later this evening and throughout the weekend. YAY!

Even so, I still have my flip flops on.  ;)


Mrs*crazy midwesterner*Pacman

Interesting. It's the same in Seattle, though our prediction is just for more rain. Do the weather people do the same thing there that they do here? This time of year they give five-day forecasts that always show sunshine on the fifth day? It never gets any closer; tomorrow it will still show sunshine on the fifth day.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.