*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
What Makes Mississippi Great
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:07 PM »
Lawmakers in Mississippi — the most obese state in the nation — have overwhelmingly approved what they’re calling the "anti-Bloomberg bill."

It would ban communities from requiring restaurants to post calorie counts on menus or limit portion sizes, as Mayor Bloomberg tried to do with his proposed ban on large sodas.  Also forbidden: any local rule banning toys from being distributed with kids’ meals.

The governor is expected to sign it.


Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/passes-anti-bloomberg-bill-bans-limits-portions-posting-calorie-counts-article-1.1286804#ixzz2NRZbfnv5
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:07:18 PM by gOOber »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »
"Thank God for Mississippi!" ~The slogan of state employees in the other 49 states.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
"Thank God for Mississippi!" ~The slogan of state employees in the other 49 states.
The state motto of Alabama is "At least we`re not Mississippi".
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
 
Fat, unhappy, and stupid is no way to go through life, Mississippi.  ::)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »
Bloomberg is just a nosy busybody nanny who should mind his own business. Why is it that the people who categorically state for example that it is a womans body and therefore she should abort anytime ( I'm pro abortion by the way )  she wants are the ones that don't let you drink, smoke, cuss and just leave you alone. I fully support someone stating their opinion and to try to convince you but when they use the power of goverment, federal, state or local, to impose on you their idea of the way you should lead your life I say FuckOffAndDie. People should be consistent. Bloomberg's New York has lousy schools, which hurt minorities more by the way, bad infrastructure and he worries about Big Gulp drinks ? What Mississippi has done is more symbolic than anything but at least it doesn't try to mold people to a nanny's point of view like Bloomberg. Supposedly in a free society we should be allowed to live our own lives as we see fit and to accept the consequences of such for good or ill. That is the definition of being a adult.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:46:14 AM »
So you don't like Mayor Bloomberg. Your remedy is to not live in New York City. You don't live in New York City, solvegas, so I don't understand why you are upset. If Las Vegas wants to make it easy and attractive to piss away my paycheck, I may choose not to live in Las Vegas. It doesn't piss me off that some people choose to live there. :-\
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »
Why am I not surprised by Missippi's behavior? Because they only just got around to ratifying the 13th Amendment to the Constitution (the one that bans the practice of slavery)... nearly 150 years after the fact.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 02:32:02 AM »
This was probably a reaction of the Mississippi legislature to Seth Meyers's description of them as, "thirty hissing 'possums in a barn."
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 02:27:39 AM »
 8)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Eliza D

  • A Cup
  • 2251
  • Eliza DewliDDil
    • Email
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »
( I'm pro abortion by the way )  

Oh my, solvegas.  I don't think I've ever met anyone with such a radical stance.  Don't you realize that the human race would be extinct within a generation if such thing would occur globally?  

I've met pro-life people and pro-choice people, but never one who was pro-abortion.   :P
It's all about the fantasy...
~ELIZA DewliDDil
                                        ALL PICTURES COPYRIGHT © ELIZA DEWLIDDIL

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »
Oh my, solvegas.  I don't think I've ever met anyone with such a radical stance.  Don't you realize that the human race would be extinct within a generation if such thing would occur globally? 

I've met pro-life people and pro-choice people, but never one who was pro-abortion.   :P

Just because I don't use the politically correct verbiage doesn't mean I'm wrong. After all, that is what pro - choise means in its essence. Besides, this may come as a surprise to some but some countries in which they never had much of a political hoo-ha about abortion like in the US are considering severily restricting the practise because it is leading to demographic suicide. Russia comes to mind. Interesting articles I've read in Foreign Affairs and the American Interest in which countries in Asia and Europe are worried they are getting too old and not having enough births to replace, never mind grow, the population. The future will not belong to the strong but to the fertile. Like the chinese say, may you live in interesting times. 

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »
In the eyes of the world, Mississippians make great Murcans.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

PregNut

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5929
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
Bloomberg is just a nosy busybody nanny who should mind his own business. Why is it that the people who categorically state for example that it is a womans body and therefore she should abort anytime ( I'm pro abortion by the way )  she wants are the ones that don't let you drink, smoke, cuss and just leave you alone. I fully support someone stating their opinion and to try to convince you but when they use the power of goverment, federal, state or local, to impose on you their idea of the way you should lead your life I say FuckOffAndDie. People should be consistent. Bloomberg's New York has lousy schools, which hurt minorities more by the way, bad infrastructure and he worries about Big Gulp drinks ? What Mississippi has done is more symbolic than anything but at least it doesn't try to mold people to a nanny's point of view like Bloomberg. Supposedly in a free society we should be allowed to live our own lives as we see fit and to accept the consequences of such for good or ill. That is the definition of being a adult.

Careful there, sol. Criticizing Bloomberg could get you branded as an anti-semite, just like criticizing 'that guy' can get you branded as a racist.  ::)
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 08:36:09 AM »
Barnicle said "a level."  He never said "That's all it is," just "a level."  He hails from Boston, which has its own continuing dirty laundry on issues of race and faith, and I suspect his comments reflect his stomping grounds.  Incidentally, Boston's Mayor Menino is also with Bloomberg's group.

Boston aside, I actually tend to agree with Senor on this.  What I find hilarious is that Bloomberg is getting ripped into for happening to be rich.  It's like Lapierre is whining "Oh no, the playing field is leveling now!"

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Just because I don't use the politically correct verbiage doesn't mean I'm wrong. After all, that is what pro - choise means in its essence. Besides, this may come as a surprise to some but some countries in which they never had much of a political hoo-ha about abortion like in the US are considering severily restricting the practise because it is leading to demographic suicide. Russia comes to mind. Interesting articles I've read in Foreign Affairs and the American Interest in which countries in Asia and Europe are worried they are getting too old and not having enough births to replace, never mind grow, the population. The future will not belong to the strong but to the fertile. Like the chinese say, may you live in interesting times. 

I've tried to let this go by, and I can't.

Sol just doesn't get the idea of what choice is. People who self-describe as "pro-life" believe that a pregnant woman should be prohibited by law from having any choice in the outcome of her pregnancy. People who self-describe as "pro-choice" believe that a pregnant woman should be the ultimate decider of the outcome of her pregnancy.

And somewhere I missed the massive reversal in Chinese population policy that sol tells us happened. Fifty years ago China decided that an ideal, sustainable population was 250 million. The "one **09**" policy was adopted to reach that population in 2070. Through several policy changes the target date is now 2100. Last time I looked, that hadn't changed.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.