*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« on: August 10, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »
They do bring a smile to a woman's face.

Mod edit to attach a prior post... if you recall the other one (from a few weeks ago) please drop me a link so I can link it. Thanks!:



« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:30:35 PM by Palomine »
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
The mascot of The Evergreen State College as well as the name of the teams:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 02:22:48 PM »
I hope they have a guy dressed up as a geoduck to lead the cheerleaders. Makes a great mascot for a women's team.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:38:34 AM »
A Bainbridge Island City Park ranger captures the elusive bivalve:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
I hope they have a guy dressed up as a geoduck to lead the cheerleaders. Makes a great mascot for a women's team.
They need this guy as a mascot.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
They need this guy as a mascot.


Ooo .... scary !  ;D

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
Seriously though .... are these things edible ? Let me rephrase that since having traveled extensively thanks to Uncle Sam I know people through out the world seemingly eat anything. Since these things are from Washington state do the locals eat them ? I was stationed in the Bangor Submarine base for four years near Silverdale and I never heard of these things. Clams and clam restaurants were everywhere but these critters ?  ???

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »
Yes, people do eat them. I've seen them in several markets in Seattle. But I've never eaten one myself.

This woman seems to be wondering what its going to look like when it gets erect.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 05:58:19 PM »
Seriously though .... are these things edible ? Let me rephrase that since having traveled extensively thanks to Uncle Sam I know people through out the world seemingly eat anything. Since these things are from Washington state do the locals eat them ? I was stationed in the Bangor Submarine base for four years near Silverdale and I never heard of these things. Clams and clam restaurants were everywhere but these critters ?  ???

Yes. The siphon makes a great steak; skinned, broiled, with a touch of tartar sauce, maybe smoothered in mushrooms, they are great. Because of their relative scarcity, they are a high-end dish.

Some folks think we in the Pacific Northwest are a bunch of ecological extremists, but a generation ago, in the 1960s, we could find these along public beaches. Mussels could be gathered off the pilings in downtown Seattle. Now they are farmed in a couple of very small areas.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was stationed there from 87 to 91 and I used to like taking the ferry to downtown Seattle and look around in the public market for some good seafood but I never saw these things. Great steak, uh ? Beef steak, pork steak, what does it taste like ? 

*

funkyboobster

  • E Cup
  • 629
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
Uwajimaya seems to have them.  One delicacy I've not yet tasted, but I'm dying to.

-boobster

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
Uwajimaya seems to have them.  One delicacy I've not yet tasted, but I'm dying to.

-boobster

Yeah, but they're $15 a pound.

They have a very delicate taste, a lot like ocean scallop.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:54:15 PM by Palomine »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »
Good point, Pal--Here they are sashimi style:

EDIT: By the way, the name is pronounced "gooey duck".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:27:51 AM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 02:49:21 PM »
This one needs a little stimulation.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 04:41:40 PM »
Kelly Ripa 'terrified' by a geoduck clam... the clip is online if you google it. I would like to see her put it in her mouth but that's hardly a revelation.

BTW, in protest of pronunciation Nazis, I will continue to pronounce it 'geo-duck' and have started calling Pho 'pee-ho' instead of the uber-conformist 'phah.'

PS: I've been to a lot of sushi restaurants in my time, and I'm not shy about trying unusual things I've never tasted before, so I assume I've ordered and eaten geoduck at some point. Since I cannot recall for certain, I'll remember to do so next time, just to refresh my memory. :)

PPS: one of the things I like best about these geoduck pix (aside from the obvious phallic-substitute thing of course ;)) is that because of how the clams look, most of the women are smiling since they're clearly in on the joke. Further, a fair percentage of them (these ladies who smile while being photographed holding what looks like a wet pony penis) also have that semi-nerdy friendly regular girl-next-door vibe to them: like a marine bio grad student or something of that sort. And that's appealing too. :) In fact, I'll go so far as to declare that every woman pictured holding a geoduck in this thread so far (as of 15 August) qualifies as at least cute, and a few are 'roarrrrrrr-worthy' ...I'd even give the middle-aged gal holding the flaccid but lengthy duck a peck on the cheek for being such a good sport. ;)

Being a healthy male mammal (one fairly typical of the gender I like to tell myself, if perhaps a bit more verbose than most) I can't help but wonder about actual porn featuring the use of these turgid bivalves. Our friends the Japanese would seem to be the go-to source for such a thing: after all, not only do they cheerfully produce a variety of 'odd' fetish material (odd to sheltered Western tastes ;)) including some starring octopi and squid, but they also prize these critters as delicacies for the dinner table. So you'd think there'd be some geoduck-themed porn out there somewhere, complete with a stilted, mistranslated and unintentionally amusing title. The fact that none has turned up thus far makes me wonder if there's a reason for it: I'd have assumed that the only thing that regularly comes out of the siphon of a geoduck clam would be water, perhaps with a few grains of sand in it, but maybe they secrete something inflammatory that precludes their use as sex toys? Or maybe it's a bacteria thing... though that seems less likely given the plethora of objects/creatures routinely used as dildos.

I defer to any of my learned colleagues who would care to speculate on the absence of such entertainment from the vast and varied clam beds of the internet. ;)  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:23:08 PM by Palomine »