Well, I'm back home trying to catch all the news I probably missed. I drove 5,200 miles in my vehicle in the last three weeks and another 2,500 miles on my father's vehicle when we took that jaunt from the Toronto area to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Needless to say I'm a little bit tired but have no regrets. The vehicle behaved very well and it averaged about 31 MPG even though I drove a lot of the way at 80 - 85 MPH. The only state I saw a lot of troopers on the highway was New Mexico about 30 miles either side of the city of Albuquerque on I-40. I did not see a single one in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Brunswick, Maine, Massachusetts, Nova Scotia and New Hampshire. I saw one in Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois and Ontario. I saw two in New York. I counted twelve in New Mexico.

What the fuck ?

It was probably just a bad day but I didn't get hassled anywhere. Gas was cheapest in Houston at $ 2.35 a gallon and most expensive here in Vegas at $3.10 when I filled up here in the States. In Canada, after conversion and taking into account there are 3.8 liters per gallon, gas cost $4.30 a gallon in Ontario and $4.95 in Nova Scotia. But the Canadians say its OK, it's much worse in Europe. Guess that's suppose to make you feel better. Flying is much faster but you see nothing but clouds. In Kentucky, for example, I got to see the Corvette Museum near the assembly plant in Bowling Green. Try that at 30,000 feet at 500 MPH. And you get to see what beautiful countryside both the US and Canada have. Crossing the border in Detroit and Buffalo is tedious BUT no one treated me like a suspect as they do at the airport. So I had a enjoyable three weeks and when I do retire I'll probably buy me a small RV and take a long time and see all three north American countries in style. So I'm back to annoy you guys.
