*

Panzuriel

  • F Cup
  • 429
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 10:47:42 PM »
just thought that I'd add my two cents.  I love tan lines.  I think we've battled on this topic before in previous threads.  

I really don't have much of an explanation for my preference.  I just like it.  Keep them coming.

*

AZWolf

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 5402
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »
While I don't have particularly strong feelings about tan lines one way or the other, I generally prefer a woman who doesn't sit around and get tanned intentionally.  If you spend time outside, in a pool, hiking, or what have you, and get tanned, that's fine.  But to intentionally sit out there and bake, it's just unhealthy (skin cancers, premature aging of the skin, etc.).
 
Dawn, n.  The time of day when men of reason go to bed.

Pray, v.  To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.

          --  Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"


*

rackonteur

  • D Cup
  • 1200
  • Finally got some whitening strips for my bluetooth
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 12:53:25 AM »
Quote:

...And not to be a pain in the ass, but as a die-hard Ren & Stimpy fan, I would be remiss if I didn't correct the quote previously made:  "No sir, I didn't like it!"  A small difference, I know, but it's one of my all time faves.      




Well, I think I remeber him saying it that way in the "gritty-kitty cat litter" bit, becuase I wrote that quote totally out of context on note book at the time... but maybe I shouldn't be arguing a point like this with a fellow who has a modified Bugs Bunny as his logo...

And back to the thread, I find too great an alteration from natural coloration a big turn-off. When pale white skin goes to burnt sienna while black hair goes to platinum blond, the warped aesthetics make my stomach churn. Slight alterations can work, like the one or two strands of blond on the bangs of a redhead, or brown hair tinted with a red rinse, or a light tan... But anything too far, is only a distraction. And tan lines are worse, because You Can See What SHOULD Be. Plus, when they don't match the shape of the currently worn bikini/garment -- yuck!

As for "forbidden fruit".... well, at a certain point, you become practical, you know what that fruit is all about. You get over the, "OMG -- its the FRUIT!", and you either enjoy it as it is, or you don't. The giddiness ends, while lust can remain. ...Where the hell am I going with this? Sounds like I'm starting the rough draft of some pretentious novel about a guy entering middle age, wondering why he's still wondering about sex...

...did I type that outloud?


Er, ....I don't like tan lines.

   
Yes, well, erm, ahh, hmmm, uh, um, ...eh?

*

jaytas

  • Good listener
  • 2537
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 12:54:11 AM »
Tan line = a natural result of normal human modesty.

I tend to focus on the important aspects first. As in the person, the boobs, etc. first. After having done this the tan lines tend to fade as such into the background.


*

kurvsgirl

  • D Cup
  • 109
    • www.naughtyteasers.com
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 02:13:46 AM »
See, I think subtle tan lines are quite attractive and, I guess, leaves that essence of "forbidden fruit" in mind. The best example of a good tan line, IMO, is the first photo in T_man's examples.

However, there is a point where you just completely cross over into body paint-looking territory. And I just don't think that looks good-or natural.

*

hourglass

  • E Cup
  • 789
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2004, 03:25:26 AM »
Quote:

I have to admit that when I was naked for a week in Hedo and lost my tan lines, it was kind of cool. It was the first time in my life that I didn't have them!!!! Here is a pic from our kitchen right after we got back:)

-Jane    


WOW!  Naked for a WEEK!!  Oh Jane!  got a better picture?  too much backlight on that one...

*

hourglass

  • E Cup
  • 789
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2004, 03:28:07 AM »
t_man, who is the girl in the third part of your photo?

*

Zorlond

  • G Cup
  • 1052
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2004, 06:01:08 AM »
Tan lines can look good, but only in the lighter sense. Meaning either the color difference isn't too significant, -or- the lines are fairly fuzzy. Some of the examples above, the lines look almost knife-edged. To me, that sort of image (sizable color difference, razor-edged lines) says the person spends a lot of time -just- lying in the sun, working on that tan. I don't find that sexy.  
"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2004, 01:29:25 PM »
Sorry, hourglass, don't know who she is or where I got her, but here she is unmorphed.  Perfect tan lines aren't they?  
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

Pulsar

  • G Cup
  • 845
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 04:15:50 PM »
Nope don't like tan lines at all.

*

Jim31415

  • E Cup
  • 242
    • http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=viewprofile;username=Jim31415
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2004, 07:03:30 PM »
I enjoy tan lines, the help show the shape of breasts, make them appear "rounder" in photographs.  Like everything though, it's a matter of degree.  A really dark tan contrasting with really pale skin isn't something I find asthetically appealing.
BIG! BIGGER!  BIGGEST!!!  I love them all!

*

rackonteur

  • D Cup
  • 1200
  • Finally got some whitening strips for my bluetooth
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 01:23:47 AM »
Quote:

I tend to focus on the important aspects first. As in the person, the boobs, etc. first. After having done this the tan lines tend to fade as such into the background.  




Er, well, um, sure, but this thread started out talking about models and by extension pictures... go and bring reality into it, why don'cha.

Sure if you're interacting with somebody, you don't say, "I'm sorry, but I can't talk to you. Your tan lines are offensive."

But I still don't like them, in photos, in person, on me, nor on my wife. Of course, she's not a sun-worshiper who likes to bask in the sun and turn brown as over-done toast, so its all good.

And she'll have better skin at any given age, thereby. :P

 
Yes, well, erm, ahh, hmmm, uh, um, ...eh?

*

TheHerald

  • Ink & Paint Club Outcast
  • 3862
  • Ink & Paint Club Outcast
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 10:04:53 PM »
Her name is   Rebecca (no last name given). She was discussed in a previous talk about tanlines and a few photos were uploaded like this one..



My take on tanlines is "I like them   ", but I like the "nude tan look", too. I must admit a sharp difference between pale and dark skin can be a bit too much, though. While I realize that TOO MUCH tanning causes a risk of skin cancer, it's PALE skin that looks unhealthy to me.  
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

*

MermetTheHermit

  • F Cup
  • 457
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 12:36:18 AM »
Anybody else out there besides me and my friend Creep who don't like dark tans altogether?  Me, I actually prefer the classic look of creamy white skin.  Not albino or transparent, mind you, but certainly not tanned like a leather handbag.  Kurvsgirl, for example (if you don't mind my saying so...), has often sported a perfectly fair complexion in her photos.

Regarding tan lines, specifically, they remind me of animals with different splotches of color.  Just not my thang.  
"Life is a terrifying ordeal and, if one cannot abide by the first priority of run away, carrying a frown and holding grudges are satisfactory seconds." - Alfred Shinola

*

bobolio

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 24
Re: Tanlines - Tanlines Redux - Tanlines, what do you think... MERGED
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2004, 12:57:01 AM »
I agree, all I can see when I see a really tan girl is the saddle leather for skin she'll have in 10 years.