*

Martin Solo

  • B Cup
  • 847
    • Flying Rabbits Video
Re: Star Wars moment
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 04:55:17 AM »
Funny how in the first Star Wars trilogy Han and Lando, with whom the Force was not at all, saved the day/saved Luke.
Or they were, unknowingly, instruments of the (good side of the) Force?


*

salem

  • Moderator
  • 76331
Re: Star Wars moment
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 07:09:20 PM »
My favourite Star Wars memory is when I watched it for the first time. It was September 1982 and it was on TV for the first time. Loved it.

As for favourite moment in the films, I (and I am probably going to be called a philistine here since this moment is from the prequel trilogy) did find the bit where Annakin cuts off Count Dookoo's head rather good. I thought that was particularly chilling, especially when you see the look on Dookoo's face when he realises he has been betrayed by Palpatine. My absolute favourite moment however, was the fight scene between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, with John Williams excellent musical accompaniment.

*

Ronald Ray Gun

  • A Cup
  • 118
Re: Star Wars moment
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 09:13:35 PM »
My favorite prequel moment is when Darth Vader raids the Jedi Temple. One of the padawans runs up to him for help, "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them, what are we going to do?" Then, Lord Vader ignites his light saber and the scene cuts away.

*

Hark

  • A Cup
  • 904
Re: Star Wars moment
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »
I scrolled thru the previous responses, and I don't think I saw anyone post what I will.

My favorite (original) series moment was when in Ep. 4, the Emperor's Throne room, Vader is pushing Luke's buttons with "If you won't turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps, she (Leia) will."  Luke snaps.

What I loved was Luke took the fight to Vader, and won.  Luke, was filled with anger, on the offense; Vader, was totally on the defensive, and losing.  Having the VHS copies, I never noticed until DVD's widescreen was after Luke took Vader's hand off, Vader was holding his remaining arm up in a plea for mercy.

Of the newer series, it has to be the fight between Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs. Lord Maul.  I was returning from a deployment in Saudi Arabia, and I had heard the new Star Wars was coming out with an epic fight scene, but I was pleasantly unprepared for the intensity of the two-on-one battle. 
Embrace the facts, uphold the truth.

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: Star Wars moment
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
I think the best moment was right at the very beginning of "Star Wars".

(NOTE: None of this "A New Hope" bullshit. That subtitle was only added at the re-release of the movie when "The Empire Strikes Back" was being released, and Lucas realized he was making a trilogy and he'd better add something to distinguish the first movie from the name of the series)

After the opening title crawl, and we pan down to the moons and the planet, and then a ship zooms into view; it's being fired upon; then we see the attacking ship come into view - and it keeps coming, and coming, and coming, and coming....



It's why you watch movies on the biggest screen possible....

(By the way, any of you hear of "Star Wars Uncut"? Take a digital copy of the movie, split it into 15 second clips (470+ of them), let people recreate the clips in whatever format they want, then reassemble them into a full movie... http://www.starwarsuncut.com/ - and do it well enough that Lucasfilms is OK with it, and even helps out!)
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance