A day in me pirately life
« on: August 14, 2007, 08:57:03 PM »
Arrr. So's as I'm understandin' it, these "blog" things are becomin' all the rage with you land lubbers. Pah, blogs, buncha long winded words with fancy pants formatin' and a few pictures slapped in. Ferget' that mateys! I'll be preferin' imagery over the written' word, don't you?

So's anyways mateys, here is a scene of a little event with occured sometime last Thursdeh'. Ya see mateys, I ain't one fer' yer land lubbin' sports, but once every year I enter in one o' yer auto races just to show ye how easy you land lubbers have it vehicularly speakin'. In the resultin' aftermath, I won yer little auto race, saved three orphan children from an explodin' buildin', and stole the most valuable piece o' modern art on earth (Which was a sock puppet o' Chris Tucker). And...well...you'll see.




Pirately yours,
Kaptain Keelhaul

*

prinz

  • Z Cup
  • 3164
Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
Welcome to the good ship BEA Kaptain..from one ol sea dog to another! cheers!

Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:06:54 AM »
Ya know mateys, I think I's been cursed most o' me pirating life. I meets this witch doctor somewhere in the Caribbean and he says he puts some kinda mumbojumo curse on me. Course I didn'ts believe that old rusted sandcrab at the time, but from then on me entire pirate career, whenever I's try to find new crew members, I always seem to find the most ridiculously fine lasses.

Now, I knows what your sayin': "Cap'n, hows that a curse? Have ye lost yer mind ta scurvy?". Well lemme explain. Ya see...aboard a ship, me crew have certain responsibilities ta fullfill. It's awfully frustratin' when I need someone to swab the deck, and half me' crew can't even see the mop below em' whilst' they're doin' so! Then when we find ourselves in a mean storm, we're gettin' crew thrown over board left n' right. I tries to explain to em' that their center of gravity be higher then most, and they should keep away from ta side railin', but do they listn? Nooo, o' course not, what does the cap'n know? He don't have none o' his own. And not to mention all the lads in me crew barely have enough blood in their brains to function most o' the time...(Well...cept' Shifty Steve...but Steve always eyes me funny when I call em into me quarters to talk...)

Anyways mateys, I thought I'd introduce ya to another member o' me crew. Ya see, in contrast to popular believe, most o' us pirates are entitled to some nifty health benefits. I fer example have a professional massage therapist on me ship. But a lil' warnin' mateys...she may look all...invitin', but  when she asks, don't let her try any o' the "exotic upright laying techniques" she picked up in the Philippines. Last time she tried that, she nearly suffocated me quartermaster to death.


*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:26 PM »
Captain, by any chance might ye be lookin' for some extra crew? I'm rather good with navigation and bookkeeping and such...
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Quote:

Captain, by any chance might ye be lookin' for some extra crew? I'm rather good with navigation and bookkeeping and such...




Bookkeepin eh? Well Karin in our bookkeepin' department could probably use some help...She kinda has trouble readin' the logs over her...well...she likes to call em' "Physical challenges".

The lads like to call em' "Our spare cannon balls".

*

beachboy

  • G Cup
  • 971
Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
No disrespect, Cap'n, but you seem to have misspelled 'scurvy' in your last tale - or is 'scruvy' some mutant hybrid disease that we land lubbers would be better off not knowing about?
Life's a Beach...

Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
Quote:

No disrespect, Cap'n, but you seem to have misspelled 'scurvy' in your last tale - or is 'scruvy' some mutant hybrid disease that we land lubbers would be better off not knowing about?




I'm a pirate matey, not a spellin' bee champion. I didnt's realize this was the "grammar expansion" forums. I was under the impression you land lubbers weren't goin' to be spendin' much time scannin' over me words with a fine toothed comb. But thanks for the....er.....constructive criticism? ....i think?

 

I'm just russlin' yer sails matey, thanks fer correctin' that. I taint's the most well-spokin' seadog, as should be blatantly obvious with a rather large error prevalent' in all me posts. My spellin' tends to be a bit o' an Irish pennant. But I yam what I yam.

Pirately yours,
Captain Keelhaul

*

beachboy

  • G Cup
  • 971
Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »
Much obliged, Captain, just glad you're not making me walk the plank.  Even I'm guilty of flubbing a word now and again.
Life's a Beach...

*

traX

  • E Cup
  • 232
Re: A day in me pirately life
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »
Didn't read anything as funny since Judge Oaf disappeared in the research dungeons of the DoD - you're sure you're NOT a Texan (at heart)?