*

Q_BE

  • P Cup
  • 5871
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
Quote:

DruulEmpire said:
So ... Bush was a liberal.



Bush was not a liberal, no, but his failed policies (such as I see them from a conservative perspective) were in fact liberalized policies, either supported by Democrats, or compromised by Republicans-in-name-only (aka RINOs).

George W. Bush is NOT an ideological conservative. He may have some conservative principles, but he certainly was no champion of the social or economic conservative movement. The only thing I have to say about which he was a true success was his tax policies and his national security policies.

I don't say that he had any spending policies because the President doesn't control spending--Congress does, specifically the House of Representatives. The past eight years of rampant spending, including these billions and trillions of dollars being doled out in bailouts currently are coming at the hands of a primarily Democratic Congress, soon to be supported by even more Democratic members AND a Democratic president.

It's not often that I say this, but America gets what it deserves when it puts liberalism in power as it has done increasingly over the last 8 years, and as the Bush administration itself has trended leftward. Look to see the Obama administration lurch even further in that direction.

When things blow up, don't blame conservatives. I wash my hands of the next four years, or at least the next two.

Q-"I'm going to run for Congress"-BE

*

midsize

  • E Cup
  • 315
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »
You truly are living in a reality all your own.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
Quote:

midsize said:
You truly are living in a reality all your own.




Yeah, that's why I don't bother to argue with him any more.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Q_BE

  • P Cup
  • 5871
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Quote:

pedonbio said:
Quote:

midsize said:
You truly are living in a reality all your own.




Yeah, that's why I don't bother to argue with him any more.



You know, there's no such thing as whispering on the forum.

Q-"Happy to debate"-BE

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2008, 06:54:38 AM »
Fine, so, I won't whisper.

Where have you been for the past SIXTEEN years?

Just bumping out of hope of becoming reunited someday with mastert's 9999 ...

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
  I hope no one minds if I show a proprietary interest in this thread.

I confess that at one time I wondered if we would hit lower than 7280, or whatever exactly it was which was the all-time low during the past eight years of Bush, but I just don't care anymore, the reality is too grueling.  Now I'm just hoping that there continues to be an "Obama honeymoon effect," that we continue to stumblebum along somewhere above my still-holding floor of 7227 (it just finished the year at 8776), and even that the November 20 low of 7552 may have been the "floor" after all.

2009 may not be a great year -- but if it's an okay year, that'll be enough.  Good luck to you all.

*

Hiram

  • Z Cup
  • 7646
  • I like big tits
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2009, 03:17:56 AM »
Quote:

DruulEmpire said:2009 may not be a great year -- but if it's an okay year, that'll be enough.  Good luck to you all.


I've always been a firm believer that the ingenuity, and free market thinking of the US will in the end triumph.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2009, 04:54:18 AM »
Quote:

Q_BE: George W. Bush is NOT an ideological conservative. He may have some conservative principles, but he certainly was no champion of the social or economic conservative movement. The only thing I have to say about which he was a true success was his tax policies and his national security policies.


Please, don't make me laugh. To say that Dubya's national security policies were a success, and then to say the proof of it is, "well, we haven't been attacked since 9/11/01" reminds me of the old story about the man walking down the street carrying a huge stick. Someone stops him and asks, "What's with the stick?"

"Oh, this is my lion stick. It keeps the lions away."

"Dude," the bystander goes, "this is the middle of the city, not the Tanzanian plains. There's not a lion for thousands of miles."

And the stick guy goes, "You see? It's working!"

Dubya & Co. dropped the ball completely and totally; there would not have been a 9/11 if he had simply read his PDBs (specifically the one entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the U.S.") instead of running off to Crawford in August 2001.
Quote:

Q-"I'm going to run for Congress"-BE


Good luck on that one. Let's hope your run doesn't drag on and on and on, like the Democratic presidential candidate nomination process, or the Wisconsin Senate race.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2009, 04:59:04 AM »
In 2008, the NYSE lost 6.9 TRILLION dollars in value. It can't get much worse than that. I have total confidence that within less than four years the Dow will be back in the 9000s. The long view is best view to take in the stock market, and these things always go in cycles. We've seen worse, and we always bounce back.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

SwitcherX

  • Legend
  • 6956
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2009, 05:08:19 AM »
Quote:

TheZookie007 said:
Dubya & Co. dropped the ball completely and totally; there would not have been a 9/11 if he had simply read his PDBs (specifically the one entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the U.S.") instead of running off to Crawford in August 2001.





It's not like he's the only person that gets to know what's in them.  A lot of people read the PDBs.

As bad as he is/was, he gets blamed for some stuff that got started(sometimes long) before he got in office.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister


"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »
Quote:

TheZookie007 said:
In 2008, the NYSE lost 6.9 TRILLION dollars in value. It can't get much worse than that. I have total confidence that within less than four years the Dow will be back in the 9000s. The long view is best view to take in the stock market, and these things always go in cycles. We've seen worse, and we always bounce back.




THAT'S what I call "free market economics!

But, Zookie, remember that so far THIS "cycle" is the worst since 1931.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »
Quote:

SwitcherX said:
Quote:

TheZookie007 said:
Dubya & Co. dropped the ball completely and totally; there would not have been a 9/11 if he had simply read his PDBs (specifically the one entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the U.S.") instead of running off to Crawford in August 2001.





It's not like he's the only person that gets to know what's in them.  A lot of people read the PDBs.

As bad as he is/was, he gets blamed for some stuff that got started(sometimes long) before he got in office.




I think you're rewiting hostory, Switcher. Bush's father put Osama on the "Watch List". Clinton tried to kill him, and came close twice. The one time Bush agreed to meet with Clinton about national security during the transition, all parties present agree that Clinton said words to the effect, "Osama is working to fuck us over hard". And everyone agrees that Bush or one of his national security appointees lowered the threat of Osama and al-Queda in the first month of the Bush Administration.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
...and sure, lots of people may have read the PDBs (doubtful) but only one of them was supposed to have both read and ACTED UPON that PDB...and his name was George Walker Bush. Even if he had merely told his underlings (e.g. the National Security Adviser, Condi Rice), "Yo, y'all handle this, I'm off to clear brush in Crawford", that would have been better than doing what he did do, which was, essentially, nothing...and that lead to the most shameful seven minutes in history.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

Hiram

  • Z Cup
  • 7646
  • I like big tits
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
I agree with this guy... fiat money is all bollocks.

 60 year low
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

*

AZWolf

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 5402
Re: mastert's Dow 9999?
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2009, 03:37:43 AM »
Maybe not so bad, but if it was, I'm good with it because I am not among the richest of the rich.  
Dawn, n.  The time of day when men of reason go to bed.

Pray, v.  To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.

          --  Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"