*

Real

  • G Cup
  • 2479
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
I wouldn't be surprise if McCain change his mind about nominating Sara Palin. I think it's too funky to suggest that she has international experience because Alaska is right next door to Russia. I also think its unreal that they tout her for having more experience than Obama using her city council position versus Obama senator experiences.

She is the right age to have a down syndrome baby, and I am willing to believe that baby is hers and not her daughter. But I question her judgment to run for office when she has so much on the table at home. Seriously she has a cbild raising a cbild!




i saw an interview just yesterday on cnn where obama effectively shot that down by pointing out how his campaign alone has 3 times the monthy budget of her town's yearly budget and more than 50 times the employees.

and as much as i think this woman is a twit who if genuine would now at least reverse her backward position of anti-sex education, your second comment there is pretty sexist.  imo that specific subject would not be brought up if her husband happened to be the politician of the family...
My current avatar is: Manda Dawn

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2008, 11:43:15 AM »
Quote:

TheZookie007 said:
What's even more interesting about the Palin baby is that there are rumors that her mom pretended to have her most recent ch_ld...that she actually fake a birth when in fact the kid was one of her girl's instead...I don't know what to believe any more.

However, Obama was quite right to nip this in the bud. You wanna slam me, I'm an adult, I can handle that and besides, that's par for the course in American politics. But leave my k_ds out of it!




Zookie, that ploy is straight out of Desperate Housewives -- it's what Marcia Cross did for her daughter.  This is a little too much interweaving of fact with fiction for my taste ...

*

mofoapoo

  • X Cup
  • 1923
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
Quote:

TheRover said:
Quote:

3deroticer said:
Obama officially denounce any of his staff to even talk about Sara Palin's 17 year old daughter. He wants no part of a character attack on family members.




Even though I disagree with Obama politically, I think he really is a class act.  Let's hope his supporters follow suit.




But the right is already taking any advantage they can get, which is just as bad, don't you think?  They aren't keeping her daughter out of this, they just keep bragging how she is keeping the kid because she has strong anti-abortion values.

It goes both ways, attacking a kid, or using your [censored] actions to your advantages (I mean, besides the usual showing [censored] off for better publicity thing).
I can't think of anything creative to put here, so i give up.

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9227
    • CyberLee
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 01:30:27 PM »
Quote:

Real said:
Quote:

3deroticer said:
I wouldn't be surprise if McCain change his mind about nominating Sara Palin. I think it's too funky to suggest that she has international experience because Alaska is right next door to Russia. I also think its unreal that they tout her for having more experience than Obama using her city council position versus Obama senator experiences.

She is the right age to have a down syndrome baby, and I am willing to believe that baby is hers and not her daughter. But I question her judgment to run for office when she has so much on the table at home. Seriously she has a cbild raising a cbild!




i saw an interview just yesterday on cnn where obama effectively shot that down by pointing out how his campaign alone has 3 times the monthy budget of her town's yearly budget and more than 50 times the employees.

and as much as i think this woman is a twit who if genuine would now at least reverse her backward position of anti-sex education, your second comment there is pretty sexist.  imo that specific subject would not be brought up if her husband happened to be the politician of the family...


Actually you just made a sexist comment assuming that the role would be reverse if she was he. I think its take 2 to raise a family. And I assume that if she gets elected that he would have a role in supporting her to the max.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

Real

  • G Cup
  • 2479
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
oh, so youre saying if he was running for vp you would question his commitment to his family as well.  that's fine, pardon my assumtion.  

i dont think that applies to many who have levelled that same criticism though.  ive heard it a number of times on cable news already but its not one i can actually ever remember hearing about any male politican before...
My current avatar is: Manda Dawn

*

PregNut

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5929
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
I think the Libs' main problem with Palin is that she fits all the ideals of what a modern feminist woman should be except she's a Republican who has never had an abortion.

All other Vice Presidential candidates Palin comparison.

Preg(You read it here first)Nut
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

*

Real

  • G Cup
  • 2479
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »
yeah.  sure cant be her anti abortion, pro gun, anti science, anti everything liberals stand for on the issues,anti sex education, pro celibacy cirriculum in public schools with a pregnant teenage daughter, political positions.

but the above is certainly on par with the political discourse in the states.  that's why george bush's party and policies will be back in the white house for another abysmal 4 years.  lets hope the world can survive...
My current avatar is: Manda Dawn

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9227
    • CyberLee
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2008, 01:17:36 AM »
The baby with down syndrome, pregnant teenager, Investigation illegal harassment of familial dispute with ex brother-in-law, and a husband with 22 arrest record in his youth, just seem to me they should stay home and work this shit out. But the Republican campaign adviser are actually saying that this may be good for their ticket as Palin represent real Americans, and not uppity elite.

I never been arrested, nor get anyone pregnant (I once thought I did, but been milk for money)nor seek revenge by firing a person because of a family divorce, so I guess I am not a real Americans. I would have to say this campaign keeps looking more like the movie "Idiocracy" where they take pride in their fuck-ups!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
Quote:

PregNut said:
I think the Libs' main problem with Palin is that she fits all the ideals of what a modern feminist woman should be except she's a Republican who has never had an abortion.

All other Vice Presidential candidates Palin comparison.

Preg(You read it here first)Nut




During the course of this debate I've changed my mind. Originally I agreed with Obama that candidate's families should be off limits. But when a candidate has actively campaigned on what a swell "family manager" she is, as Palin did two years ago when she ran for governor, issues like her daughter's pregnancy do reflect both on her ability to manage, and her own inability to see herself realistically.

I agree with 3d on this one: Fucked up though my personal life may be, I've never had a dui arrest; my daughter grew to adulthood without getting pregnant (way more to her mother's credit than mine); the FBI has investigated me at least three times and cleared me each time; and I've done it without relying on any Sky Fairy for help.

Palin has failed miserably at what she has said she considers her most important job, her family. Given the standards of the modern Republican Party, that clearly qualifies her to run for high office.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
I wouldn't be surprise if McCain change his mind about nominating Sara Palin.




I disagree with that, 3d. McCain has described his own decision-making process, which is scary: He makes snap decisions and, even when he sees he made the wrong decision, he sticks with it.

His judgment of people is even worse. I assume we all know that McCain was the only one of the "Keating Five" to run for office again. Charles Keating was the Jack Abramov of the 1980s; interestingly to this forum, Keating started his political activity in Ohio by trying to get Russ Meyer arrested and "The Immoral Mr. Teas" banned.

It was a great satisfaction to Russ (and a great disappointment to McCain) when Keating was convicted.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

evilkirk

  • P Cup
  • 1335
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 12:04:05 AM »
Palin mocks Obama for lack of experience. - AP

She then annnounced that war is peace, freedom is slavery
and ignorance is strength.

*

Hiram

  • Z Cup
  • 7646
  • I like big tits
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008, 01:56:37 AM »
How do you think she will get on in the debates with Biden?
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

*

BarnacleBill

  • P Cup
  • 1662
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008, 02:15:23 AM »
Palin has what Dubya had:  The beneficial paradox of low expectations.

If she does merely decent, then its considered a huge win.

IMHO, the only way she could really screw the pooch is if Biden can really pin her down and get her to loudly and enthusiastically support some of her more radical right-wing beliefs, such as any of the following (1) her support of Alaskan independance party in the mid 1990s (2) her anti-abortion stance EVEN IN cases of [censored] and **03** (3) some of the bizarre beliefs of her church, which an Assemblies of God church, some real crazy ideas such as supporting Jews for Jesus (4) her statement about not knowing what the VP does, (5) her refusal to accept or support any sort of gun control, etc etc.

If Biden can get her to get really animated about the above, she will lose people as being too radical right-wing psycho nutjob Ann coulter type.

However, I think Palin is very smart and will not get baited.  She will make Biden look old, whiny, liberal, or make Biden look like a bully asshole.

Palin is what Ronald Reagan would be if he were reincarnated as a young, hot, sassy MILF.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9227
    • CyberLee
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008, 02:15:33 AM »
If she gets an ear piece and get fed the talking points from Rove, she'll do fine. Another reason to get a woman, to hide the ear piece.

Interesting you say about supporting the Jews, as she has a Jewish flag hanging in her Governor office. And she wears a Jewish flag lapel on her shirt collar.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

Nimrod

  • KC Strip Artist
  • 2169
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:44 AM »
I had never heard of her until just a day ago, why would I have?

My initial take on her....
1) OK, she is attractive - but is that a qualification for office now?
2) The more statistics that have come out the less I like her as a VP or potential president.
3) Why, too conservative, appears to have a vindictive streak, and also many of the "assets" that are being held up as positive I see as negative - but that is only my opinion.
4) Her family, to me, seams about to implode in dysfunctional chaos with only a veneer of normalcy.
5) I am sorry but having a fifth baby at 44 and not expecting a genetic problem is reckless. Holding the unfortunate youngster up as some sort of "success" worthy of admiration is very distasteful to me. Really, what alternatives do they have?
6) Yes, she was born in rural Idaho (redundant) and grew up in a small town in Alaska and her statements and approach to governing reflect a very small town mentality. Yes, she is obviously smart, I am not saying otherwise - it is that she appears to really embrace and live a "soccer" oops "hockey" mom way of thinking. That makes me like her less.

In all I think it is a safe and calculated move on the part of the GOP. It will give many pause to consider her contributions to the ticket.

My overall take is that her nomination has helped to make the contest much closer than before. Not because of her but because of the existing mindset of the American electorate.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise