Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6870 on: June 10, 2018, 05:14:24 AM »
If you want to see to whom he see himself closer than elected leaders of 100% democratic countries ...

He loves Duerte and wants friendship with him, he loves Putin - no wonder with all the collusions, he now wants to make friends with Kim...
Totalitarian, criminals, dictators ... Trumpelstilskdn loves absolute power and locality over everything.

It is no bad idea to talk with these leaders, but like this? With wrong words and sentences? It confirms them in their crude ideology.

Unrelenting he breaks up friendships, because the other leaders have other ideas than him, other opinions, he hates other opinions, other discussions, he is not able to follow these discussions or understand causal dependencies. In this he is like his dumb voters, supporters and goons. Yesterday I experienced ignorance as new US doctrine from like minded like him. And this is so shocking ...
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6871 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »
If you want to see to whom he see himself closer than elected leaders of 100% democratic countries ...

He loves Duerte and wants friendship with him, he loves Putin - no wonder with all the collusions, he now wants to make friends with Kim...
Totalitarian, criminals, dictators ... Trumpelstilskdn loves absolute power and locality over everything.

It is no bad idea to talk with these leaders, but like this? With wrong words and sentences? It confirms them in their crude ideology.

Unrelenting he breaks up friendships, because the other leaders have other ideas than him, other opinions, he hates other opinions, other discussions, he is not able to follow these discussions or understand causal dependencies. In this he is like his dumb voters, supporters and goons. Yesterday I experienced ignorance as new US doctrine from like minded like him. And this is so shocking ...

It's worse than shocking. It is highly dangerous. And only one person benefits from this: Vladimir Putin.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6872 on: June 10, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »
"Remember when Trump told you that he would release his tax returns and then never did? Remember when he said that if he won the election he would put his business interests aside? “Ever since Trump and his family arrived in Washington they have essentially hung a for-sale sign on the White House by refusing to meaningfully separate themselves from their own business interests,” Bloomberg’s Tim O’Brien notes. “That’s certainly not lost on the companies that do business in or with Washington. They know that in Trump’s swamp, you pay to play.”

Much of this will surprise folks who get all of their news from Fox commentators and talk-radio hosts, with whom they are in a dysfunctional relationship.

The GOP base is drawn to media figures who support their president and quickly turn on those who criticize him as if they are guilty of a betrayal; for that reason, many populist-right pundits are reluctant to criticize the president or to delve deeply into the behavior of the swamp creatures he has enabled. Instead, they pander to the GOP base, keep them in the dark about important corruption—and so fail to keep the president and his associates accountable. That very betrayal of their audience is what creates the illusion of their loyalty.

I opposed electing Trump, but I’m always 100 percent honest with his supporters. And when I give specific examples of how he has failed to drain the swamp, some lash out at me for telling them truths that they don’t want to face, or angrily change the subject by pointing out that various establishment politicians have been guilty of flagrant cronyism in the past. Well, duh.

The folks who supported those bygone politicians anyway harmed the country. Does the GOP rank and file want to be just like the folks they used to criticize or be better?

Bygone Democratic misdeeds don’t change the fact that Trump’s behavior is hurting America––and that he won’t change until his supporters demand a higher standard.  If the GOP base persists in blinding itself to the unethical people who trade on their relationships with the current president, America will continue to be sold out by the very faction that swore it would make it great again.

Wake up, Trump supporters—your country needs you to hold the man you elected accountable to his promises rather than blindly defending him to own liberals. Demand better or your country suffers."

-- The Atlantic: "It’s Time for Trump Voters to Face the Bitter Truth", by Conor Friedersdorf
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

« Reply #6873 on: June 11, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »
So? How is the meeting going between the two dictators in Singapore?
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6874 on: June 11, 2018, 12:17:42 AM »

I opposed electing Trump, but I’m always 100 percent honest with his supporters. And when I give specific examples of how he has failed to drain the swamp, some lash out at me for telling them truths that they don’t want to face, or angrily change the subject by pointing out that various establishment politicians have been guilty of flagrant cronyism in the past. Well, duh.

This is the WHATABOUTISM I always refer to ...
The talk is about the lies, fake news, alternative facts, the illegal, criminal wrong doings of Trumpelstilskemn and not of others. I want an answer to this from their goons, supporters and idiot voters. Is this too complicated for them to stay on subject?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6875 on: June 11, 2018, 07:37:42 PM »

The meeting has be cut down to 45 minutes. Can't do much more than shake hands and have photos taken.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

« Reply #6876 on: June 12, 2018, 12:22:17 AM »
By the way another fake news propaganda Trumpelstilsken and his goons uses to lie about and make impression to his idiot voters and supporters.

He behaves like the US in commerce has a huge deficit against Europe to justify for the tarifs. Numbers like 153 billion $US per year are called out.

The truth: Europe has a deficit of 14.2 billion $US against the US.

« Reply #6877 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:03 AM »

The meeting has be cut down to 45 minutes. Can't do much more than shake hands and have photos taken.

It is good when two dictators meet have so much in common in socializing that it only takes 45 minutes to get to an agreement.

But now serious, I hope the first time since Trumpelstilsken got president, that he finally does something correct. Lets first see what agreement it is.

But one definite winner is already visible: Kim Jong Un.
A country with a dictator dynasty with several hundred thousands deaths and disrespectful to human rights and democracy is now officially promoted. Obviously Kim his father and grandfather did everything correct to get this promotion. And Kim Wil have great pictures and movies from the meeting for his starving people.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:42:20 AM by andrat2000 »

« Reply #6878 on: June 12, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Ok. My expectations seems unfortunately met. All commenters world wide that are not Trumpelstilsken goon or supporter nor his idiot voters realize the deal he made is hot air, even worse Kim won with this meeting. He now has a pardon for his inhuman acts and he can be sure he as dictator won't be removed by the US because he is now kind of under protection by Trumpelstilsken.
Iran should demand such a good deal now too. No denuclearization. But already all they wanted in exchange for the security not to be removed by the US forces.

Maybe I see it too strong, but this is a very bad deal so far for the US.

chorizo

• B Cup
« Reply #6879 on: June 12, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »
Too soon?

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #6880 on: June 12, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Very

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6881 on: June 12, 2018, 09:43:37 PM »
So, what does the international press have to say about the "summit"?

Thanks to a commenter at Mother Jones, here are some headlines from Germany:

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (high brow conservative newspaper):
This is what a winner looks like [under a picture of Kim Jong Un, not Trump]
Kim Jong-un uses the summit for his purposes, Donald Trump gets almost nothing. North Korea's ruler has worked for years for this moment - and thus achieved more than his predecessors.

Die Welt (mainstream conservative):
Forcing his way into the history books
Dance of vanities or a true breakthrough? US President Donald Trump was full of praise for his meeting with North Korea's dictator Kim Jong-un. But his triumphant howls can hardly conceal the meager result.

Spiegel Online (mainstream left wing):
Suddenly the best of friends
US President Donald Trump and North Korea's dictator Kim Jong Un celebrate a major peace conference in Singapore. But the results of the summit remain vague — both are concerned with something else.

Die Zeit (high brow center-left):
The wrong enemies
North Korea's dictator promises a lot, the US president has found a new friend. While he's flirting with Kim, Trump alienates old allies. Both events are connected.

Fun fact about the summit: They didn't really need a translator for Kim and Trump. And it wasn't because Trump speaks fluent Korean.

Worrisome fact: The thing about cancelling the military exercises with South Korea? China broke the news before any announcement from Trump......
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

« Reply #6882 on: June 12, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »
The Spiegel was once left wing, but it isn't anymore. It is center.

« Reply #6883 on: June 13, 2018, 02:25:44 AM »
Ok. My expectations seems unfortunately met. All commenters world wide that are not Trumpelstilsken goon or supporter nor his idiot voters realize the deal he made is hot air, even worse Kim won with this meeting. He now has a pardon for his inhuman acts and he can be sure he as dictator won't be removed by the US because he is now kind of under protection by Trumpelstilsken.
Iran should demand such a good deal now too. No denuclearization. But already all they wanted in exchange for the security not to be removed by the US forces.

Maybe I see it too strong, but this is a very bad deal so far for the US.

The Iran really made a bad deal eith the US. They should get the better deal North Korea got. The only official media in North Korea distributes that Trumpelstilsken also agreed to lift the sanctions ...

Wow! What a deal maker this Kim is! The best deal maker ever. A few years communism and dictatorship helped him to get proficient enough to trick a capitalist into a deal he never wanted and twisted Trumpelstilskens mind so he even sells it as a success. RESPECT!

Pendejo

• A Cup
« Reply #6884 on: June 13, 2018, 08:42:39 AM »