As I understand it, the concept of "par" in golf is what the course designer feels is the number of strokes it should take a typical player to finish the hole / course / round. So a golfer need not consider any other golfers when playing; it's built in.
So why does Every. Single. Golf. Game. for Android I've come across so far demand that you compete with another player, even to the extent of requiring Internet access to function?
WGT Golf.
PGA Golf Tour Shootout.
Golf King.
Golf Rival.
All highly rated, they all look great, and "say" they are "free", but you are REQUIRED to have an Internet connection. And good luck finding a single-player mode!
This is coming off as an "Old Man Yells At Clouds" thing, but I'm really peeved. Way back when, a game on CD that I purchased (don't remember which one; I might even still have it) had, as an extra, a "demo" version of a golf game. You only got to play one course, and it was the same three holes repeated six times, but it was designed for solo play. No Internet needed. And you could still tweak things like course conditions and what your "avatar" was wearing. A great little game, even as a demo! How can it be so hard to make something like that for Android?