*

Rafe

  • Coito Ergo Sum
  • 1284
    • Digital Discipline
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2003, 12:16:40 PM »
*giggles*

StS, that was fucking hilarious.

I'm amazed at the negative backlash, however.

Folks, look at yourselves.  You -know- StS and his posting style when it comes to subtle [and in this case, not very subtle] humor.  Mercer, Hein, Dick, PT - I'm ashamed of you, getting torqued off that badly over what's pretty obviously a joke.

How much more emphatically female does Keisha need to be for you to realize satire when you see it?

Gawd, what a disappointment.  I hope your vitriol doesn't sour her opinion of the BEA and it's patrons.  Sheesh.
<i>
Prince of Darkness seeks Willing Wench.
Flexible hours, shoddy pay.
Should possess improbable bustline and liquor store.</i>

*

Pixeltiger

  • G Cup
  • 949
    • www.diveinthedark.com
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2003, 12:24:36 PM »
Quote:

 Folks, look at yourselves.  You -know- StS and his posting style



No I don't know his posting style. I have other things to do in my life apart from  browsing the BEA.

And what makes you think that a newcomer like Keisha would "know his posting style"?

Humour does not justify rudeness or cruelty. Or should we just start breaking out the racist jokes? St Stephan even if your intentions were harmless, an apology would cost you nothing and might save some hurt feelings.

Or as a moderator, like it or not, you are in a position of authority. You should be more careful of what you post.

Pixeltiger.  

*

Raiden

  • Vaio Parasite
  • 2020
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2003, 12:27:06 PM »
Post deleted by Strider_Hien
...Don't touch me again...

*

beast

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 15
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2003, 12:35:07 PM »
I don't post here very often, if at all, but I am completely appauled that someone would even say that, let alone a moderator.  

*

Scarab

  • F Cup
  • 663
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2003, 12:45:27 PM »
I have to agree with Rafe on this one....

I signed on, and saw this posting and I was all...."What the FUCK?!"..... then I saw it was from StS, and I was like..."oh... nevermind."

StS humor is just a little odd, but maybe missplaced in this area... I can see this sorta thing after three or four weeks , but, c'mon StS I think you jumped the gun.... remember the first rule to humor is.... timing.



-Scarab
"Let me go get my bong... I think everybody needs to calm down "



 
If you could be either Gods worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?
We are Gods middle children, according to Tyler Durden, with no special place in history and no special attention.
Unless we get Gods attention, we have no hope of damnation or redemption.
Which is worse, hell or nothing?
Only if we're caught and punished can we be saved.
"Burn the Louvre," the mechanic says, "and wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa. This way at least, God would know our names."

-Fight Club, page 141

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2003, 12:49:17 PM »
   Hooray for St Stephan, no more mister nice guy.  

   
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2003, 12:54:20 PM »
(Dagnab, gOOber got in just as I was logging in ... )

Personally, I think we could look back upon this whole thread as St. Stephan as deliberately making the same fool of himself that Austin Powers frquently does.

First: "That's a MAN, baby!"

Then: "Why!  Won't!  This!  Wig!  Come!  Off!"

*

Pixeltiger

  • G Cup
  • 949
    • www.diveinthedark.com
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2003, 12:54:36 PM »
I will NOT calm down! I am gonna stomp my little feet 'til I get my way!

But seriously, misplaced humour, however innocent the intentions, can be extremely hurtful and anyone with any maturity should realise that.

You don't lose face from making an apology. If anything it shows you are big enough to admit you made a mistake. Come on St Stephan, suck it up and say you're sorry.

Pixeltiger    

*

Aelfscine

  • D Cup
  • 122
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2003, 12:57:24 PM »
So much for sarcasm.  Geez guys, cool down.  No need to get all defensive and stuff.  

In the past, there have been several rounds of "X model is really A MAN!!!!," (Jennifer G was the latest one, I think)some of which have been warranted, and all of which have taken the same tone as StS's message here.  It's a deliberate parody, but obviously for newer posters, the joke is lost.

And I'm sure Keisha can handle her own reaction herself.  
Tip o' the hat to Morphermor for the avatar!

*

E_W

  • X Cup
  • 2225
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2003, 12:59:13 PM »
Some people really take this seriously... last time I checked out my list of insults, 'man' wasn't on it... StS, people who are seriously offended by this post are the ones who didn't read all of it.

To the offended: Why?  I mean, what about such an obvious joke offends you?  Come on, you can't have thought he really meant what he was saying, and secondly, which is far worse, you're really insulting Keisha by suggesting that she wouldn't understand the joke...
People, it's a bait.  You're making a joke out of yourselves .  And that's the really funny part.

As we all know, all male morphers are really GAY, OMG you're so GAY! (Sorry, couldn't help it.)    

*

Scarab

  • F Cup
  • 663
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2003, 01:04:34 PM »
I dig....
I DO agree that his humor IS misplaced, but like I said... If he just gave it some time, THEN... MAYBE!... it could have, possibly, might have.... been funny.



-Scarab
"*exhale* *cough* cough*... good... now pass it to Strider."



 
If you could be either Gods worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?
We are Gods middle children, according to Tyler Durden, with no special place in history and no special attention.
Unless we get Gods attention, we have no hope of damnation or redemption.
Which is worse, hell or nothing?
Only if we're caught and punished can we be saved.
"Burn the Louvre," the mechanic says, "and wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa. This way at least, God would know our names."

-Fight Club, page 141

*

Raiden

  • Vaio Parasite
  • 2020
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2003, 01:06:32 PM »
Well, I deleted my posts.  And I admit, I'm sorry for taking it the wrong way.  As I said, I'm not familiar with StS's humor.  

*bows* Sorry again(Hey at least I admit I made an ass of myself).  

*takes bong from Scarab*
...Don't touch me again...

*

MrEff

  • G Cup
  • 949
    • http://www.howtosavetheworldcomic.com
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2003, 01:09:27 PM »
I'm just staying away from this one.....

Keisha rawks tho
How To Save The World


All time favorite quote from Chelsea Charms to me: "Wanna see a magic trick? I'm going to make your head disappear."

*

MrEff

  • G Cup
  • 949
    • http://www.howtosavetheworldcomic.com
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »
btw Thanks to goober for the Hasselhof... I now have a new desktop
How To Save The World


All time favorite quote from Chelsea Charms to me: "Wanna see a magic trick? I'm going to make your head disappear."

*

Pixeltiger

  • G Cup
  • 949
    • www.diveinthedark.com
Re: Keisha Evans megathread MERGED
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2003, 01:12:06 PM »
Quote:

It's a deliberate parody, but obviously for newer posters, the joke is lost.



As you can see from my post numbers, I am not a "newer poster". But perhaps because I have a life/girlfriend/job etc, I do not have time to develop a profile of each member's posting style. Dick and Jane are hardly new here and yet they also felt Stephan's remarks inappropriate.

For all those leaping to St Stephan's defence, I applaud your loyalty, but is it so difficult to admit he has just been an ass and should apologise?

For all I know he's a nice guy who makes toys for orphans. That does not alter the fact that he hasn't put his best foot forward straight into his mouth.

If anybody out there has been on the receiving end of "well-intentioned humour", they'll know why I find St Stephan's behaviour so reprehensible.

Pixeltiger.

Loves a good cause