*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
What I want to know is ... who the fuck came up with that name ?  It looks nothing like any duck I've ever seen.  ???

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
What I want to know is ... who the fuck came up with that name ?  It looks nothing like any duck I've ever seen.  ???

It's about as close as a white man can come to the sound of the Lushootseed word for them. Literal translation is "deep digger" or "deep clam". That's what I was told in a class decades ago. They live a long time. The record is 163 years.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:17:44 AM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
These ladies are very impressed with this less than impressive geoduck.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 02:33:35 AM »
 8) "Let It All Hang Out"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:41:25 AM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
And here is the Evergreen mascot!
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
And here is the Evergreen mascot!


That's one angry looking dick !  ;D

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 04:35:05 AM »
 8)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

T_Man

  • F Cup
  • 3353
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 02:46:21 PM »
Some one was going to do this eventually so it may as well be me.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

*

Tugboatcap

  • G Cup
  • 958
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
Great American Food Truck Race on the Food Network is using Geoducks in the competition on this weeks episode.  The timing of this and the relation to this thread I find amusing...
TugboatCap!
__________________________________________
It's Really Funny 'Till Someone Looses an Eye!

*

tdotter

  • 16284
    • Moistpubes2-the return of the goo!
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 04:24:45 AM »
 :)

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »
Kathie Lee and Hoda messing about with a clam. Hoda seems squeamish, but Kathie's really in there like a trooper with both hands, bless her! :)

gooeyduck
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:08:05 PM by Palomine »

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
Kathie Lee and Hoda messing about with a clam. Hoda seems squeamish, but Kathie's really in there with both hands. :)

gooeyduck


Sometimes she needs both hands.   :D

"When the tide is out, the table is set."
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Hoogleboogle

  • E Cup
  • 418
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »
I've gone through life having never heard of a geoduck clam until right now.
Boobs!

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:54 AM »
I've gone through life having never heard of a geoduck clam until right now.

That's not unusual. I am sure there are many small animals who live in your part of the world that I have never heard of.  ::)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Women and their Geoduck Clams!
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
That's not unusual. I am sure there are many small animals who live in your part of the world that I have never heard of.  ::)

Due to its appearance, and to its odd name, I've known about them since I was a kid. AFAICR, I've not yet tasted one, despite countless sushi dinners. Next time I have the opportunity to try it, I will.

In the meantime, the attached photo shows that a geoduck can manage to do a reasonable impersonation of both male and female genitalia. I attribute the fact that it's not more popular in America to the relatively tame culinary tastes of Americans (in general of course). :)

And though Japanese porn can be found utilizing a variety of sea life as sex toys/props, including octopuses, cuttlefish and eels, I've never run across anything starring geoducks, which strikes me as odd given the obvious.

gooey_duck = hermaphrodite clam? ULd geoduck
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:09:00 PM by Palomine »