*

sheber

  • Shasta'man
  • 8577
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
Re: Harry Pothead and The Gravity Bong -- what i heard
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2004, 04:03:58 PM »
I remember those guys when they were a club act...




sheb "it seems like yesterday. Oh wait..." er
[Rent this space]

*

HeavyMetal1980

  • Banned User
  • 4843
Megadeth -- what I heard
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2004, 12:21:44 AM »
Quote:

are they not touring in the states? megadeth eh eh ...havent seen them...  





Following Dave Mustaine's nerve damage in his hand, they are (currently) disbanded.

But Dave seems to be enjoying the salesman life, so I don't know when (or if) they will ever reunite.


Heavy "Mega DEATH...damn, nothing lasts forever" Metal  
"Listen to the Wind and dance with the Flames..."

~ HeavyMetal1980

*

Highlander

  • G Cup
  • 729
Ressurection -- what I heard
« Reply #512 on: January 21, 2004, 09:17:18 PM »
This thread IS dying!!!

We can't let it happen...
I know I'm new here, but I've been lurking long enough to remember when this thread started...
Can we go on?
Or are you all tired of all this babbling?
............../.....................The Highlander
............./
O[\\\\\\(O):::<=================================-
.............\
..............\................"There can be only one"

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: Megadeth -- what I heard
« Reply #513 on: January 21, 2004, 10:37:16 PM »
Quote:


But Dave seems to be enjoying the salesman life, so I don't know when (or if) they will ever reunite.


Heavy "Mega DEATH...damn, nothing lasts forever" Metal  




MegaDeath of a Salesman????

rtpoe
rtpoe

The ground is deep with fallen leaves and nuts of White and Red Oak, and of Beech, that line and fill the footprints and the ruts which all along the wooded pathway reach. First claim, of course, to chipmunk and to squirrel for bleak mid-Winter sustenance belongs, as all around old leaves descend and twirl about, through feathered autumn songs.
"Oakwise", Nut Gathering at Alban Eve

*

HeavyMetal1980

  • Banned User
  • 4843
Re: Megadeth -- what I heard
« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2004, 11:48:05 PM »
LOL!  
"Listen to the Wind and dance with the Flames..."

~ HeavyMetal1980

*

Sadistyk

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 10601
Re: Megadeth -- what I heard
« Reply #515 on: January 22, 2004, 02:32:18 AM »
*laughs at HM80 for not seeing Metallica*

I've seen them 12 times now...first show was with Guns N Roses.

*

HeavyMetal1980

  • Banned User
  • 4843
Metallica -- what I heard
« Reply #516 on: January 22, 2004, 02:42:13 AM »
Quote:

*laughs at HM80 for not seeing Metallica*

I've seen them 12 times now...first show was with Guns N Roses.  





It wasn't the show where James Hetfield got burned and there was a riot when Axel didn't feel like playing, now was it?

   
"Listen to the Wind and dance with the Flames..."

~ HeavyMetal1980

*

RandomX

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 5718
    • www.overflowingforum.com
Re: Metallica -- what I heard
« Reply #517 on: January 26, 2004, 12:25:40 PM »
Oooh with Guns and Roses? Lucky...
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

*

Sadistyk

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 10601
Re: Metallica -- what I heard
« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2004, 12:33:27 AM »
Quote:



It wasn't the show where James Hetfield got burned and there was a riot when Axel didn't feel like playing, now was it?

   




No, that was in Canada IIRC.  I saw them at MSG.

*

HeavyMetal1980

  • Banned User
  • 4843
Lucky Bastard -- what I heard
« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2004, 07:11:39 AM »
RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

   
"Listen to the Wind and dance with the Flames..."

~ HeavyMetal1980

*

Sadistyk

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 10601
Re: Lucky Bastard -- what I heard
« Reply #520 on: January 29, 2004, 03:31:44 AM »
LOL!  Well, it's all about timing HM.  Apparently my timing is just better than yours.

*

HeavyMetal1980

  • Banned User
  • 4843
Re: Lucky Bastard -- what I heard
« Reply #521 on: January 29, 2004, 06:19:51 AM »
Quote:

LOL!  Well, it's all about timing HM.  Apparently my timing is just better than yours.  





Yeah, I don't specialize in timing. The time has to suit my situation...which incidently I'm glad Megadeth came through!

   
"Listen to the Wind and dance with the Flames..."

~ HeavyMetal1980

*

Silvereye

  • D Cup
  • 177
Re: Megadeth -- what I heard
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2004, 02:03:57 PM »
Quote:

*laughs at HM80 for not seeing Metallica*

I've seen them 12 times now...first show was with Guns N Roses.  




Jammy fucker! I've seen Metallica once but NEVER EVER seen GnR and they're my favourite band!!! I had tickets to see the new line-up (not the same but y'know) until the guitarist (Bumblefoot is it or am I getting confused???) broke a wrist I think and it was all cancelled. Dunno what happened after that as I knew I was destined never to see a GnR line-up EVER so sulked.................. but then turned my amp up to 11 and rocked the nights away!!! I've felt a lot better since    
I like 'em like Vanessa Montagne, Vixen LaMoore and Bambi Blimps!!!!!!!!

*

Sadistyk

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 10601
Guns N Roses -- what I heard
« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2004, 03:19:48 AM »
Eh...be glad you didn't get to see them.  From what I've heard, the few shows they actually did play were horrible.  GNR won't be GNR until the original lineup is back.

That being said...back to the music for me...I've gotta get this song finished.

*

Highlander

  • G Cup
  • 729
Re: Guns N Roses -- what I heard
« Reply #524 on: February 04, 2004, 09:23:46 AM »
I saw them on TV when they "ressurected" at Rock in Rio some years ago... And I must say that I didn't like what I saw... Axl was just too fat and still wanted to sing like in the 80's with those tight shorts and no shirt... and those guys in masks (don't have a clue on who they are) just weren't what I expected to see for a GnR comeback...

Never saw them since...
............../.....................The Highlander
............./
O[\\\\\\(O):::<=================================-
.............\
..............\................"There can be only one"