*

Martin Solo

  • B Cup
  • 847
    • Flying Rabbits Video
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Best Sci-Fi Show EVER!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
I saw the 2 original Battlestar Galactica TV series in the late 1970's and early 1980's.
I found them both pretty lame.
Haven't seen the new version but it looks pretty lame as well.
I am a big fan of Doctor Who.
Carbage cans eating people?
That sounds like a very exciting episode! :D
Far more creative, interesting and entertaining than most of the SF carbage from the US.
You should really see some full Doctor Who episodes, Hark!
I'm sure you will become a Whovian too. ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:37:39 AM by Martin Solo »

*

Hark

  • A Cup
  • 904
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Best Sci-Fi Show EVER!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Thanks, I'll pass, and agree to disagree.
Embrace the facts, uphold the truth.

*

Martin Solo

  • B Cup
  • 847
    • Flying Rabbits Video
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Best Sci-Fi Show EVER!
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
You don't know what you're missing! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/v/sr7YZTF-DSA


*

salem

  • Moderator
  • 76399
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Best Sci-Fi Show EVER!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
Kudos to Salem for digging up an old thread. 

I couldn't agree more with Prophet.  Though I grew up watching Star Trek shows & movies, BSG is for those of us whom wish to grow up a little more, and take it to the next level. 

There's violence of almost every level, personal & combat.  Watching a Cylon woman's spine light up whilst in coitus was pretty hot. 
Watching Galactica fall out of the sky, launch Vipers, and jump out, to rescue a city from Cylon occupation was beyond awesome and to use Kevin Smith's words at Comic Con 2005(?): "It was so dope, I came."   :o
Adama's final flight, and Galactica's flight into the sun was a tear jerker for years.

However, I couldn't quite understand why Ron Moore to have one of his fav' songs "All Along the Watchtower" used as some spiritual vibe. 

Sorry, Salem, but I tried to watch "Dr. Who", but the pilot was garbage cans eating people?  Puhlease!  lol  jk

Doctor Who has been going since 1963, with the odd break here and there (mainly from between 1989-1996 and from 1996-2005), that episode you refer to wasn't a pilot but a continuation of a long dormant yet very long running series.

All that aside, I get your point, that first 'New' series wasn't great, but it really has gone from strength to strength the last few years. Then again, I am British, so I am biased.

*

Hark

  • A Cup
  • 904
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Best Sci-Fi Show EVER!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »
Look, I thought this was a thread for BSG.  If you want to rant & rave about "Dr. Who", then you have my heartfelt blessing to go do so in the "Dr. Who" thread.  Let it go, bud...  Good night.   :D
Embrace the facts, uphold the truth.