It's wild, how easy it is to forget some of this. I did get to see Brandi dance for the "businessman's lunch" shift, but that was about that.
The three main temptations down there have been Columbia, Heidi and Elwell -- more on them in a bit. Yet there have come new temptations, though none of Elwell intensity. I got Margaret in a booth and I joked that I liked being taken advantage of and the next thing I knew she was French kissing me. Somewhat similarly I met a sweet curly brunette, let's call her Sweetie, and I wouldn't mind getting a full half-hour from her. So some are intriguing that way. One, I'll call her Eden, looked great, a glamorous blonde wearing a nice sort of bustier, but I swiftly found her not nearly as chesty as her costuming suggested, and her body just a little too bony, but most of all she didn't seem that into the whole thing. So there's scenery, and some true seductresses amidst the scenery, and the talent marches on.
Now, Columbia and I have a very remote, cool, yet groovy relationship with. But after all this angst? And all this promising of photos? It finally, finally happened for Heidi. Yes, you thought it might be just a perpetual running gag, but she finally gave up on America to reside permanently in Europe. Her family is there, and her heart is there, and she's really into this Czech summer camp for kids. So I got to see her on her very last day at Blush, which meant something to her. She was very quiet about it, not wanting to alarm the management or anyone -- but I got to see her off AND SHE GAVE ME SOME PICTURES, believe it or not. They were from a time when she was down in Miami in a very short-lived marriage. Back then she kept her hair blonde. She's on the beach, in a conservatively (by today's standards anyway) black bikini strongly resembling lingerie, and she shows off her bod and at one point hoists her rack. What's wild is that she gained some weight since the pictures, and it all seemed to go in the right places, making her bosom fuller, rounder, softer, more pendulous. The pictures are nice but I think the stark sunlight cancels out the some of the beautiful shape of her face, and I hope she'll be able to send another picture with more shading. Anyhow, I keep saying it and I stand by it: she's my Uschi Digard. I plan to send her an e-note at least once a month, taking a pulse of Europe.
So Heidi's out. And Elwell? As of this writing, I went down just the other day and wham, she was right there in a wonderful red dress strapped diagonally all across her body. So, OF COURSE, because I instantly met with Elwell and she made me promise to wait for her while she vanished to make a phone call, Margaret hit on me, and Sweetie hit on me, and even Yolanda hit on me. Now that's wild -- Yolanda is such a self-assured man-eater that she usually doesn't bother with me, but she was probably having a slow patch for all of ten minutes, so she decided to hit on me -- and I wanted her back later but could never have her, natch. Anyhow, I turned girls down, and then Elwell came back for me and we had another hour.
I will never understand this relationship. For some perverse impossible reason we simply dig the hell out of each other. She has her main squeeze, and she has her little career (she's excited about a company of hers making clothes for dogs, which is all very entrepreneurial and everything but eesh, I keep my true feelings silent), and then there's me. She's in a bad way that day, having lived on little more than water and vegetables and a lot of margaritas, so she ducks into the bathroom for some dry retching -- there's nothing left in her to come out -- and she's having her period besides, yet I can't see any of that fazing her, magnificent in her long curly hair, and I am in fact happy to be a sixty-plus-minute break for her while she takes it easy and begins to feel better.
We talk -- and I think we've exhausted the territory we can talk about. We'll always be happy to play Magnet and Steel, but here's the thing: I've already made my impression on her, in all the simple mindless ways. I've done the non-haggling, the bracelet, the unconditional adoration, the e-poetry, all that. But if I am to be ever more than simply an accessory in her life, I must achieve. I've got to lose thirty pounds, and /or complete a damn manuscript, and/or finally get my website up. I tell her the site will feature poems to Lady 8, that being her.
This of course begs the concept of a Lady 9. It would be too much work, too much square peg and round hole (so to speak) to make us a working couple. I worry that if we ever met for more than two hours we would drive each other crazy, and not in the good way. So there's got to be a Lady 9, I've got to make that happen. But if I find her, I owe so much to my Lady 8, for her miraculously rescuing me from eleven years of sexlessness, for enhancing my sense of self-worth severalfold. I've got to work to be worthy of Lady 8, and Lady 9.
So I may not be back down till October -- and that will be plenty of time to cool off, sit back, and oblige Hoog with a retrospective. But first, my place in the Addventure to secure, and the rest of my crazy Atlas Shrank thread. I love shoving my irons into various fires.
PS: there's an interesting extra detail to this. After our hour, I still wanted more time with Elwell, so I got her in a booth and showed her what I had forgotten to show her before: a bottle of Gucci by Gucci "pour hommes." Rather awkwardly, this turned her on -- once our most intimate time was past us. I asked for shpritzing advice, and she said: (arm)pits, chest, back of the neck. Back of the neck? Hey, I'll take her word for it. I'm indebted to Michael Crichton for first introducing me to the term "rhinencephalon," literally "nose-head," that core of the brain inherited from a time when sight and hearing were not as strong a sense as smell. Seriously, men, I kid you not: take care of your woman's rhinencephalon. It's obscenely expensive, but for the tiny bit you need to shpritz you'll get a big reaction, it's long-term cost-effective.
