Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants!
For those interested, they faced each other three times in August - the Royals won them all.
I knew the games were on cable TV -which I do not have - so I tried listening to them on the radio. It was freakin' impossible. You'd think that with the games being this important, one of the national sports networks (I'm talking to you, ESPN Radio) would override all local programming for the media event. No luck. My local ESPN Radio affiliate went with a local NHL game instead, even doing the complete post-game stuff instead of switching to the Giants comeback and dramatic win.
One might also reasonably expect that such an exciting game would be headline news on the sports pages.
Here's a screen cap of USA Today's Sports page from this morning (about 9:30 am, Oct 17). Come on, guys! Get with it!