*

MasterDragonfly

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 8040
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 09:17:55 AM »
Quote:

GALVATRON said:
...They should make a movie about Dick Cheney, and the role of Dick Cheney should be played by Vin Diesel. He could walk around punching people in the head, and then telling them to go fuck themselves, because that's how I bet Dick Cheney spends his Sunday mornings, you know during church.



This imagery made me LOL.  

Quote:

I bet her husband sells pants (only to Canadians).



So true.  Corduroys, even.  I had a pair of them, back in the day.  

*

MasterDragonfly

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 8040
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
Quote:

Ironbeard said:
Didn't know about the teaching Creationism in schools.  Guess she wants a future where her children and grandchildren can just as to every question in school "God did it" and get straight A's.



This comment inspired me to go pull up a couple of Bigger Than Cheeses comics (joined here for your convenience):


*

evilkirk

  • P Cup
  • 1335
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
I love how the Pilgrims went to America to escape persecution and promptly started persecuting everyone in sight.

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9227
    • CyberLee
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »
Quote:

MasterDragonfly said:
Quote:

Ironbeard said:
... U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to have the polar bears removed from the endangered speices list



As far as I know, polar bears aren't on the endangered species list, although they are on the watch list.

I know this, because I looked into this earlier this year, out of curiosity.  There's a polar bearskin rug in my family (which is apparently older than me) and I was wondering how touchy it would be to ship, should members of my family agree to having it change hands.

It's entirely possible that in the past 3 months they've gone from the watch list to the endangered species list.  But I'm guessing Sarah Palin's activities in this area predate May 2008, so....




I wonder if anything been put on the endanger species list in the last 7 years? I even wonder if anyone in govt keeping tab on it, as most of us know that governmental studies of frog and the environment been scrubbed from the program. What else been scrubbed and swept under the rug?
McCain ridicule the studies of bear for the $3 million dollar grant of the tax payers funding. Although if we knew the key to hibernation it would be a great breakthrough in medicine. I guess my point is that there seem to be more lack of environmental awareness on the part of this current administration. The great wrath will be coming soon and replace all that's been destroy by evildoers, and return of the talking snakes and **83** with lions.  
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

BarnacleBill

  • P Cup
  • 1662
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
Pollster John Zogby:
"Palin is not to be underestimated. Her real strength is that she is authentic, a real mom, an outdoors person, a small town mayor (hey, she has dealt with a small town city council - that alone could be preparation for staring down Vladimir Putin, right?)."


Um, small town city councils don't have nuclear capability, John.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »
There's some interesting youtube out there of this woman as a newscaster in 1988 under her maiden name Sarah Heath.

Here's an open question I have for any Brits out there: I plead some Yank ignorance on this -- but isn't "Heath" one of the more mercifully forgotten names in the annals of Chief Executives?

*

tantalus

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 19
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »
Quote:

DruulEmpire said:
There's some interesting youtube out there of this woman as a newscaster in 1988 under her maiden name Sarah Heath.

Here's an open question I have for any Brits out there: I plead some Yank ignorance on this -- but isn't "Heath" one of the more mercifully forgotten names in the annals of Chief Executives?




Kind of like Hussein?

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »
I should have specified surnames.

I would also note that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu prized his relationship with King Hussein of Jordan.

I continue to be fascinated by this.  It's rather like wondering if Pat Buchanan would be any better a President than James Buchanan.

Still waiting for a Brit to weigh in.

(Interesting choice of avatar there ... )

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:02 PM »
1. Sarah Louise Palin (nee Heath) was born Feb., 1964, in Sandpoint, Idaho. Her family moved to Alaska when Sarah was an infant. Her father, Chuck, is a retired schoolteacher.

2. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda."

3. Palin graduated in 1987 from the University of Idaho with a degree in journalism. She worked briefly as a sports reporter in Anchorage.

4. She refers to her husband, Todd, as the "First Dude." He's worked as a commercial fisherman and as a production operator on the North Slope for BP. He enjoys snowmobiling and has won the Tesoro Iron Dog, billed as the world's longest snowmobile race, four times.

5. Palin and her husband have five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. Trig, born in 2008, has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Her son Track joined the army in 2007.

6. Her favorite meal is moose stew.

7. She comes from a family of outdoor enthusiasts. Her parents, Chuck and Sally Heath, enjoy hunting and fishing, and have both completed marathons.

8. Palin was named Miss Wasilla in 1984 and was a runner-up for Miss Alaska. In 1996 she was elected mayor of Wasilla.

9. She's a lifetime NRA member and enjoys hunting, fishing, and snowmobiling.

10. Elected in 2006, she's Alaska's first female governor and the youngest governor elected in the state.

Sources:

Anchorage Daily News
Vogue
Washington Post
Almanac of American Politics
Associated Press
Washington Times
Biography Resource Center Online
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
She stood up to Alaska's entrenched corruption.  The "bridge to nowhere" pushed by Ted Stevens, she declined.

She's a fine and exemplary Alaskan.  On that point, I see zero controversy.

It's her being a heartbeat away from a Presidency held by a man who will see it through till he's 80 while fighting back melanoma that gets the teensiest bit more problematic.

The GOP has many other women: Dole, Snowe, Hutchison, even Whitman, and I have to assume that some of them would likewise appease the evangelicals.  This is still a bit of a puzzle, I would say.

*

Prophet_Tenebrae

  • Breast Prophet
  • 4113
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 08:31:57 PM »
Not living in the big ol' colonial backwater that is North America... Yeah, I get to hear about this stuff blow by blow every time I turn on the radio... well, Internet radio.

All I can say is - nice to see that one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world can have someone who thinks we and dinosaurs duked it out and that "gosh darn it" the world might be a few thousand years old! Is just a sniper bullet or heart attack away from running the most powerful nation in the world.

Joking aside - McCain and his team made a smart move. She's a woman but she's hitting the conservative buttons. Then the backlash started...

But then, that was happening when Obama did his tried and tested...

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
What a great movie this would make. This chick flick, naturally, features a wild stroke of fate, when the two-year governor of an oversized igloo becomes commander in chief after the president-elect chokes on a pretzel on day one.

The movie ends with the former beauty queen shaking out her pinned-up hair, taking off her glasses, slipping on ruby red peep-toe platform heels that reveal a pink French-style pedicure, and facing down Vladimir Putin in an island in the Bering Strait. Putting away her breast pump, she points her rifle and informs him frostily that she has some expertise in Russia because it’s close to Alaska. “Back off, Commie dude,” she says. “I’m a much better shot than Cheney.”

Then she takes off in her seaplane and lands on the White House lawn, near the new ice fishing hole and hockey rink. The “First Dude,” as she calls the hunky Eskimo in the East Wing, waits on his snowmobile with the offspring — Track (named after high school track meets), Bristol (after Bristol Bay where they did commercial fishing), Willow (after a community in Alaska), Piper (just a cool name) and Trig (Norse for “strength.”)

“The P.T.A. is great preparation for dealing with the K.G.B.,” President Palin murmurs to Todd, as they kiss in the final scene while she changes Trig’s **39**. “Now that Georgia’s safe, how ’bout I cook you up some caribou hot dogs and moose stew for dinner, babe?”

   
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12423
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »
I heard that the only reason she's the VP candidate is that everyone else McCain asked said NO.
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

BarnacleBill

  • P Cup
  • 1662
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:23 AM »
I apologize.

I just CANNOT get over how cute she is!

I just want to pinch her cute chubby cheek as she slobbers all over my knob.
 
Whatever you think about her, you have to respect McCain for stirring the shitstorm up like this.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »
McCain likes babes: he married a rich one and he's running with one.

I could still do without the shitstorm, though.