*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5640 on: February 07, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »

They also listed clear murder cases (Australia - Queensland) or cases where murder is possible (Germany - Hamburg). How much more evidence is necessary to get the point this precidency is lying to everyone.


Take the list as it is. Subtract the incidents that happened in places like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Tunisia. While not the "front lines" in the "War on Terror", they can easily be considered to be in the "combat zone" and thus count as military actions and not terror attacks. Especially the beheading....

Subtract all those where no one was killed. There's no real reason for those to get anything more than a passing note in the national news.

How many are left? Not a lot......

Oh, some further thoughts on our slide into autocracy. Vox's Ezra Klein responds to David Frum:

"There is nothing about the Trump administration that should threaten America’s system of government. The Founding Fathers were realistic about the presence and popularity of demagogues. The tendency of political systems to slip into autocracy weighed heavily on their minds. That power corrupts, and that power can be leveraged to amass more power, was a familiar idea. The political system the founders built is designed to withstand these pressures, and to a large extent, it has.

"So why, then, are we surrounded by articles worrying over America’s descent into fascism or autocracy? There are two reasons, and Trump is, by far, the less dangerous of them.

"But what Frum imagines is not an autocracy. It is what we might call a partyocracy — a quasi-strongman leader empowered only because the independently elected legislators from his party empower him. The crucial sentence in Frum’s account is this one: "As politics has become polarized, Congress has increasingly become a check only on presidents of the opposite party."

"Donald Trump is a paper tiger. But the US Congress is a tiger that we pretend is made of paper. It is, at this point, taken for granted that congressional Republicans will protect their co-partisan at any cost. It is, at this point, expected that they will confirm Trump’s unqualified nominees, ignore his obvious conflicts of interest, overlook his dangerous comments, and rationalize his worst behavior.

"That expectation — and the cowardice it permits — is the real danger to American democracy.

Klein claims that Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) is the person we really should be worried about. He's the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee - the committee tasked with investigating corruption and malfeasance in the Federal government. The bulldog who wouldn't let go of Benghazi, Planned Parenthood, or Clinton's e-mails.

"Last week, Chaffetz released the House Oversight Committee’s agenda for the next two years. It lists 43 items — none of which involve Donald Trump. Actually, that’s not quite right. Chaffetz does intend to investigate the Office of Government Ethics, which Republicans believe has been too outspoken in its concern over Trump’s conflicts of interest.

"So here, then, is Chaffetz after the 2016 election: planning investigations into those raising the alarm over Trump’s conflicts of interest, rather than actually investigating Trump’s conflicts of interest.

"It is Chaffetz’s job, more than it is anyone else’s, to hold Trump accountable, to demand that he govern in a transparent and ethical manner. And he has the power to do it. He can subpoena administration officials and Trump’s business associates. He can make sure the media and the public have much of the information Trump refuses to release, and he can make it costly for Trump to abandon longstanding norms around transparency, divestment, and governance. The American political system is prepared for the sort of challenge Trump represents, and there are corrective powers in place.

"But the wielder of those corrective powers must want to use them. And Chaffetz doesn’t. His identity as a Republican supersedes his identity as chair of the House Oversight Committee, or even as congressman from Utah’s third district.

"....the crucial question — the question on which much of American democracy hinges — is not what Trump does. It is what Congress does. The danger posed by Trump is one that America’s political system is built to protect against. But the officials charged with its protection need to take their role seriously.

"In the end, it is as simple as this: The way to stop an autocracy is to have Congress do its damn job.


http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/7/14454370/trump-autocracy-congress-frum

Jason "It's OK if a Republican does it" Chaffetz:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:56:10 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5641 on: February 07, 2017, 11:09:21 PM »
Trumpel can't even do a 1 hour phone call with the leader of an other nation without being abusive to him. After 25 minutes he ended a phone call with the Australian Prime Minister, because he didn't accept the footman job Trumpel tried to give him.

How will this end? Nuclear bombs on Australia because he is an angry man with a heart full of hate?
Well. Prior to the election he already asked why not nuke ISIS! Since he does what he said we will soon see nuclear weapons in use.

Isn't this enough for Mike Pence to declare doubt on Trumpels sanity?
A question to the US Americans here.

Is now the US ruled by a single person only with executive orders? Or do you think Trumpel will allow the senate and congress to decide and create any own decissions?
I only hear executive order here, executive order there ... even the Dodd-Frank act he removed with one, wide opening the Wall Street and bank casinos again ...
Well if a dictator wants to go to war he needs money, so he makes sure a huge financial bubble is created and so he can use that money for war. Similiar financial tricks that dictator from Austria who ruled Germany used to do that to finance WW II.

Btw. he also made sure to reduce social standards for the war production and compared to the prices the wages got smaller and smaller all the time. The working people got poorer and poorer. An other method to finance the war .... keep an eye on the pay slips of the people under Trumpel the next 4 years.
White House' hastily ...

You really love American politics dont you? Why dont you relax a little bit and fill us in on whats going on in Germany if you could.. And I do not mean Germany's left wing opinion on America's current policies.

I already did earlier. And I'm not going to-do marketing for Germany's Nazi parties and Nazi organisations from the opposition. Or would you want to hear a repetition of Adolf Hitlers and Goebbels speeches? Because they are using the exact same wordings and they are fighting for the return of these "political incorrect" wordings. No no not me.

Maybe you tell us what alternative facts you heard about Germany so I can correct you here, too.

And my political position is quite in the middle. And I actually care if a group of unprofessional immatures run a nation trying to move it from democracy to a totalitarian autocracy or dictatorship misusing the peoples and throwing the world into a pile of chaos and war, while attempting to rob the nation. And then someone tries to hiddenly tell me: shut up ...

My question back: ... what if I don't?

Edit: Just read how this is going to work like the "shut up" to Mrs. Warren in the Senate when trying to shed light on the character of Mr. Sessions.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:10:16 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5642 on: February 08, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Are the leaks true that Trumpel in a phone call with Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto was threatening him with sending US military troops to Mexico? This can impossibly be true? Where does these leak news come from? Does someone have the source? This is just crazy if true.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

*

gonZo

  • pain in the ass moderator
  • 9719
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5643 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »
Are the leaks true that Trumpel in a phone call with Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto was threatening him with sending US military troops to Mexico? This can impossibly be true? Where does these leak news come from? Does someone have the source? This is just crazy if true.

Sources differ about what was actually said...

The AP (Associated Press) reported this as an extract from the taped call: "You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

The Mexican website Aristegui Noticias on Tuesday published a similar account of the phone call, based on the reporting of journalist Dolia Estevez.

Mexico's foreign minister on Thursday disputed the report. “That is nothing close to reality," Luis Videgaray said

“I know it with absolute certainty, there was no threat,” a spokesman for Mr Peña Nieto, Eduardo Sanchez, said in a radio interview. “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie.”

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5644 on: February 08, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
I already did earlier. And I'm not going to-do marketing for Germany's Nazi parties and Nazi organisations from the opposition. Or would you want to hear a repetition of Adolf Hitlers and Goebbels speeches? Because they are using the exact same wordings and they are fighting for the return of these "political incorrect" wordings. No no not me.

Maybe you tell us what alternative facts you heard about Germany so I can correct you here, too.

So the only positions in Germany are the far left, the "middle" and a nazi? /sarc

I guess I will post some things that I found out about whats happening in Germany:

Germany arrests Syrian refugee planning truck attack.

Refugee suspects surrender after homeless man set on fire.

TV ad promotes German women to wear hijabs.

German president says the people are the problem not the elites.

German minister warns NATO about "warmongering," requests dialogue with Russia.

Germanys migrant r@p3 crisis spirals out of control.

To top it off, i cant link it here, German Justice Minister Heiko Maas wants to force a ban on people on f@ceb00k for "anti-migrant" posts.

And I actually care if a group of unprofessional immatures run a nation trying to move it from democracy to a totalitarian autocracy or dictatorship misusing the peoples and throwing the world into a pile of chaos and war, while attempting to rob the nation. And then someone tries to hiddenly tell me: shut up ...

You actually care huh? Were you this outspoken with George Bush and Barack Obama? Who both threw the world into a pile of chaos and war? Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Sudan, Syria, Lebanon... I mean watch this video outlining the plan of invading countries that was planned since 9/11.

You also mention robbing a nation. I assume you mean Trump is trying to rob the US right? Were you this outspoken when the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world occurred and trillions of dollars were transferred from the average joe and jane to bail out the too big to fail banks here in the US in 2008-2009?

Give me a break.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:35:30 PM by StrikezOne »
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5645 on: February 09, 2017, 01:50:06 AM »
I already did earlier. And I'm not going to-do marketing for Germany's Nazi parties and Nazi organisations from the opposition. Or would you want to hear a repetition of Adolf Hitlers and Goebbels speeches? Because they are using the exact same wordings and they are fighting for the return of these "political incorrect" wordings. No no not me.

Maybe you tell us what alternative facts you heard about Germany so I can correct you here, too.

So the only positions in Germany are the far left, the "middle" and a nazi? /sarc

I guess I will post some things that I found out about whats happening in Germany:

Germany arrests Syrian refugee planning truck attack.

Refugee suspects surrender after homeless man set on fire.

TV ad promotes German women to wear hijabs.

German president says the people are the problem not the elites.

German minister warns NATO about "warmongering," requests dialogue with Russia.

Germanys migrant r@p3 crisis spirals out of control.

To top it off, i cant link it here, German Justice Minister Heiko Maas wants to force a ban on people on f@ceb00k for "anti-migrant" posts.

And I actually care if a group of unprofessional immatures run a nation trying to move it from democracy to a totalitarian autocracy or dictatorship misusing the peoples and throwing the world into a pile of chaos and war, while attempting to rob the nation. And then someone tries to hiddenly tell me: shut up ...

You actually care huh? Were you this outspoken with George Bush and Barack Obama? Who both threw the world into a pile of chaos and war? Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Sudan, Syria, Lebanon... I mean watch this video outlining the plan of invading countries that was planned since 9/11.

You also mention robbing a nation. I assume you mean Trump is trying to rob the US right? Were you this outspoken when the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world occurred and trillions of dollars were transferred from the average joe and jane to bail out the too big to fail banks here in the US in 2008-2009?

Give me a break.

You should really, really re-think the sources of your news. I talked earlier about journalistic standards. Excuse me if I don't answer to the content of these alright or "far-right fringe" conspirational propaganda websites with political agenda.

Your 1st Link and source is OK.

The 2nd Link is from Russia Today, the cremlin news source by grace of Putin. They several times tried to destabilize Germany with Fake News about the refugees trying to cause riot under emmigrants that formerly lived in Russia, but moved to Germany because they had German ancestors. This caused even political and diplomatic actions. So please you want to give me a brake! ==> no way that I comment this article

The 3rd link is to a source according to Wikipedia: "WND (WorldNetDaily) is a politically conservative American news and opinion website and online news aggregator. The website has garnered much controversy for promoting conspiracy theories, which have led some journalists to label it a far-right fringe website." ==> no way that I comment this article

The 4th link is to a source according to Wikipedia: "Zero Hedge is an English-language financial blog that aggregates news and presents editorial opinions from original and outside sources. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden" (a character from the novel and film Fight Club). Zero Hedge's content has been classified as conspiratorial, anti-establishment, and economically pessimistic,[3] and has been criticized for presenting extreme and sometimes pro-Russian views."  ==> no way that I comment this article

Your 5th link and source is OK.

For your 6th source I would say it is OK, but I want to verify the articles content

For what you describe in short about Heiko Maas is what he wants is that German laws are being enforced for FB, Twitter and so on. The laws are established after WW II in an attempt to prevent a rise of a 4th Reich after we have seen how propaganda, manipulation of news by the 3rd Reich administration, also during her rise did happen. This is not limited to "anti-migrant" posts. If an extremist left does something to brake these laws, then he sees the same fate. What is well knowmn is that the report function of FB doesn't work like it should and for Germany the majority of the people don't want to accept this anymore.

Your youtube link to Wesley Clark ... he is a nice story teller. And I can tell you that because of the 1st Gulf war I denied military services in Germany and instead did civil services. And I objected Iraq invasion, the actions in Afghanistan, Pakistan. What was in Lebanon? By US? By NATO?

One thing why I act diferent between Bush/Obama and Trumpel is the simple fact that he has a very malicous character through and through. The others had had a few flaws in the character, but there was nothing dangerous in their character. And they did not have dangerous and totally incompetent, unprofessional racist nazi administration staff, like Steve Bannon. This guy, Trumpel and a few others should not be in the White House. It's time for Mike Pence to take over.

But back to the main topic.
And I let have the failed banks run into ruin. But looking back this would have been wrong. A mixture of shutting down controlled and helping them was the right thing todo. What was missed is helping the peoples directly who were affected. As far as I know at the end the US was earning money with helping the banks. And even until recently the German bank paid billions to the US for being deeply involved into this subprime crisis.
 In Germany this wasn't done that well like in the US. Unfortunately everything here the reaction was too slow and much to light hearted. A lot more institutes should have been shut down. So we didn't get our money back like in the US. The only thing that safed our asses was the support of the automobile industry by allowing the people to buy a new car and
scrapping the old one in return to a very high scrapping award. This acutally helped us as strange as it sounds.

What is more the problem is an innovation gap in some US states - what Solvegas once called the "fly-over" states. People that founded a company in the 70's bought machines and modernizing till the end 80's or early 90's (machines which still work) actually think they can run their company same successful as 30-40 years back and still compete with today quality. No they can't, but they don't understand that the once investment doesn't still pay off. They need to change their mind settings and be open to innovation.

Edit Update: Something else from Germany ....
... Nazi terrorists sentenced to several years of jail: http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/anschlag-in-nauen-npd-politiker-zu-hoher-haftstrafe-verurteilt-a-1133864.html

Was this something you wanted to hear from Germany, that we can also pretty well deal with Nazis?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:54:02 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5646 on: February 09, 2017, 04:18:08 AM »
And furthermore the reason for me to be so outspoken:

The friends the US people, the mexicans, the justice and the rest of the world has been treated so unfair by this @Trumpel-administration. These are such great persons -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!


Edit, I have some really great update for you - best ever, true inspiration by Can-no-way:

Mexicans, Chinese and the rest of the world are incredibly creative, talented people. Go buy Mexican, Chinese and stuff from the rest of the world! I hate shopping, and I will go get some myself today. They have just wonderful lines. I own some of it. I fully, I'm going to give a free commercial here in the BEA. Go buy it today, everybody. You can find that Mexican, Chinese and stuff from the rest of the world online.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:48:31 PM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5647 on: February 09, 2017, 08:50:48 PM »
You should really, really re-think the sources of your news. I talked earlier about journalistic standards. Excuse me if I don't answer to the content of these alright or "far-right fringe" conspirational propaganda websites with political agenda.

This is what is needed here in my opinion; more conversations. Even though we might disagree, we have to be more open minded and be able to consider that we might be wrong sometimes, right? So I highly respect that you actually took the time to respond to pretty much my whole comment. Sometimes it seems like things that are posted where it actually shows Obama or Hillary saying something that goes against the current liberal agenda, liberals just pretend it doesnt exist and ignore it.

That being said, we have to come to some form of understanding that there are liberal based sources as well that are equally as unreliable. I mean, what makes CNN or Washington Post NOT a "propaganda website with a political agenda"? Because other leftist media outlets tell us its not?

The 2nd Link is from Russia Today, the cremlin news source by grace of Putin. They several times tried to destabilize Germany with Fake News about the refugees trying to cause riot under emmigrants that formerly lived in Russia, but moved to Germany because they had German ancestors. This caused even political and diplomatic actions. So please you want to give me a brake! ==> no way that I comment this article

That 2nd link from RT is just a report about an event. It showed videos of the event so i have to assume you didnt even bother to check it out? HERE is an alternate link. I did not use RT to post some opinion piece. But you know what, sometimes news outlets do falsely report an event. I do want to know what is the difference between an RT and a CNN?

The 3rd link is to a source according to Wikipedia: "WND (WorldNetDaily) is a politically conservative American news and opinion website and online news aggregator. The website has garnered much controversy for promoting conspiracy theories, which have led some journalists to label it a far-right fringe website." ==> no way that I comment this article

The 4th link is to a source according to Wikipedia: "Zero Hedge is an English-language financial blog that aggregates news and presents editorial opinions from original and outside sources. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden" (a character from the novel and film Fight Club). Zero Hedge's content has been classified as conspiratorial, anti-establishment, and economically pessimistic,[3] and has been criticized for presenting extreme and sometimes pro-Russian views."  ==> no way that I comment this article

The 3rd link just showed a video and it is up to the viewer to make up their mind in terms of what is presented.

The 4th link... well, first I guess you can quickly go through some of these.

Secondly and more importantly... You rely on Wikipedia to inform you on what should be "reliable" to you? Do you not see the irony there? Wikipedia??

Your youtube link to Wesley Clark ... he is a nice story teller. And I can tell you that because of the 1st Gulf war I denied military services in Germany and instead did civil services. And I objected Iraq invasion, the actions in Afghanistan, Pakistan. What was in Lebanon? By US? By NATO?

I showed you that so you can see that chaos and war has been set in place long before Trump.

One thing why I act diferent between Bush/Obama and Trumpel is the simple fact that he has a very malicous character through and through. The others had had a few flaws in the character, but there was nothing dangerous in their character. And they did not have dangerous and totally incompetent, unprofessional racist nazi administration staff, like Steve Bannon. This guy, Trumpel and a few others should not be in the White House. It's time for Mike Pence to take over.

Pence would actually be more radical in terms of his conservative views. Gay marriage, abortion.... Im not going to argue that Trump is %100 for the people but lets examine a hypothetical... Would you rather have a guy who speaks well, smiles and is sophisticated, with the media adoring him and pundits not driving a message to the people to hate him while he quietly and covertly shits on the country and the world or a guy that cant seem to bite his tongue and has a potty mouth but is trying to give the power back to the people and actually carry out what he said he was going to do while fighting big government and big pharma?
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5648 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:42 AM »
One thing you should understand.
I know this conspiracy, opinion based and propaganda far-right fringed websites from Germany (and the extreme left). They are too far off journalistic standards and I've never even read one article which was meeting these standards. I for example know a now shut down website about 1 year ago that hosted similar articles like the one you presented me above. Behind them was a group called "Reichsbürger". They believe the 3. Reich or the German Reich with the imperator still exists and do not accept the federal state of Germany. Because out of this group they did terrorist attacks and murder and other criminal stuff like founding their own banks and insurances without a license etc., they are now under observation, police searching their houses ... So why should I discuss videos and blog entries published by them? I'm neither discussing content of them, while I read them from time to time. But honestly the content is so distorted (or is biased the correct word) that I don't want to waste my time too much and mainly this want me to puke after reading.

And honestly I shouldn't even go to these websites and click or read, because I would allow them to raise their clicks, reach and duration beeing on the site which makes them interesting for commercials so they can earn money. But I don't want them to earn money because of me.

Then the links you provided me. Except the one from Wesley Clarke (where I made an exception), I don't watch the videos online with audio. I just don't want to. I read text. So my answers where for the text in the links.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5649 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:58 AM »
Is it correct, that Trumpel singned new executive orders that restrict civil rights by starting methods of a police state? If this is correct the worst scenario I started to describe weeks ago is starting to from. It means he is right now building the 4th Reich, but this time in the US.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5650 on: February 10, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
One thing you should understand.
I know this conspiracy, opinion based and propaganda far-right fringed websites from Germany (and the extreme left). They are too far off journalistic standards and I've never even read one article which was meeting these standards. I for example know a now shut down website about 1 year ago that hosted similar articles like the one you presented me above. Behind them was a group called "Reichsbürger". They believe the 3. Reich or the German Reich with the imperator still exists and do not accept the federal state of Germany. Because out of this group they did terrorist attacks and murder and other criminal stuff like founding their own banks and insurances without a license etc., they are now under observation, police searching their houses ... So why should I discuss videos and blog entries published by them? I'm neither discussing content of them, while I read them from time to time. But honestly the content is so distorted (or is biased the correct word) that I don't want to waste my time too much and mainly this want me to puke after reading.

And honestly I shouldn't even go to these websites and click or read, because I would allow them to raise their clicks, reach and duration beeing on the site which makes them interesting for commercials so they can earn money. But I don't want them to earn money because of me.

Then the links you provided me. Except the one from Wesley Clarke (where I made an exception), I don't watch the videos online with audio. I just don't want to. I read text. So my answers where for the text in the links.

It looks like u compare everything even slightly to the right to "extreme nazi propaganda." I really dont care about "reichsburger" but you seem to compare anything remotely to the right to them. You like to generalize a lot.

I mean you talk about journalistic standards but never mentioned any sites from the left that fail in this category. Again, what are your thoughts on CNN and Washington Post?

You mentioned RT and how its "pro Russian propaganda" correct? Well, is there any "pro United States propaganda?" Or does that not exist? Or better yet, is Trump the ONLY person in recent memory to use "pro United States propaganda" to suit his campaign/admin?
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5651 on: February 10, 2017, 10:53:03 PM »
Donald's Horrible No-Good Very Bad Day.

Not only has another court told him "No way, Jose" on his "Muslim Ban", but Kellyanne Conway likely violated ethics rules when she talked up Ivanka's fashion line (enough to get her at least a 'talking to' by the White House), and it was revealed that National Security advisor Michael Flynn got caught talking about the sanctions Obama slapped on Russia for their meddling with the election with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak before Trump took office, and therefore before he had any legal right to do so.

When the best thing to appear on the Washington Post's front page (see attachment - from the shape and layout, presumably this is the mobile version) in the morning of 2/10/17 is a note that "Trump agrees to honor one-China policy in Call to Xi Jinping (lower left), you're having a bad day.

And we're only three weeks in to the Trump Era.......

The usual "sources close to the President" gossip about how Trump is frustrated with the bureaucracy, and shows no interest in details. Though he loves the trappings of office, he can't be bothered with the actual duties of it. He'll micromanage some of his subordinates, while leaving others to figure out their job on their own.

"The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high. Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks." - "Trump Vexed by challenges, scale of government",  Alex Isenstadt, Kenneth P. Vogel and Josh Dawsey, Politico, 2/10/17

Life isn't much fun for the GOP members of the House back in their districts. The first "town hall" meetings were this week, and most of them went about as well as Jason Chaffetz' (R-UT) did. One of the highlights was when a woman stood up and said (I summarize and paraphrase here): "I'm a retired school teacher. At the beginning of the year, I would lay out the ground rules for my students and the consequences. After about two or three weeks, I could look a kid in the eye and think, 'You're going to be a problem." Well, it's been two or three weeks.... One thing I would do at the beginning of the year is draw a line and say "This is the line, and this is the consequence for crossing that line." For the President, the consequence for crossing a line is impeachment. And the responsibility to impeach lies in the House. What is your line in the sand?"

(Actual video here)

Well, we all know that as Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, Chaffetz will have the job of leading the investigation into anything that could lead to impeachment.....

Chaffetz bugged out of the meeting 40 minutes early.....
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5652 on: February 11, 2017, 02:56:32 AM »
One thing you should understand.
I know this conspiracy, opinion based and propaganda far-right fringed websites from Germany (and the extreme left). They are too far off journalistic standards and I've never even read one article which was meeting these standards. I for example know a now shut down website about 1 year ago that hosted similar articles like the one you presented me above. Behind them was a group called "Reichsbürger". They believe the 3. Reich or the German Reich with the imperator still exists and do not accept the federal state of Germany. Because out of this group they did terrorist attacks and murder and other criminal stuff like founding their own banks and insurances without a license etc., they are now under observation, police searching their houses ... So why should I discuss videos and blog entries published by them? I'm neither discussing content of them, while I read them from time to time. But honestly the content is so distorted (or is biased the correct word) that I don't want to waste my time too much and mainly this want me to puke after reading.

And honestly I shouldn't even go to these websites and click or read, because I would allow them to raise their clicks, reach and duration beeing on the site which makes them interesting for commercials so they can earn money. But I don't want them to earn money because of me.

Then the links you provided me. Except the one from Wesley Clarke (where I made an exception), I don't watch the videos online with audio. I just don't want to. I read text. So my answers where for the text in the links.

It looks like u compare everything even slightly to the right to "extreme nazi propaganda." I really dont care about "reichsburger" but you seem to compare anything remotely to the right to them. You like to generalize a lot.

I mean you talk about journalistic standards but never mentioned any sites from the left that fail in this category. Again, what are your thoughts on CNN and Washington Post?

You mentioned RT and how its "pro Russian propaganda" correct? Well, is there any "pro United States propaganda?" Or does that not exist? Or better yet, is Trump the ONLY person in recent memory to use "pro United States propaganda" to suit his campaign/admin?

I can tell you for Germany:
- Neues Deutschlad belongs to the left fringe, ex-commi party website
- TAZ is a newspaper with left interest, but still they meet most (but not all) journalistic standards.

The links to zerohedge and WDN you presented attract and belong to individuals like those "Reichsbürger" I mentioned. I saw exact similar websites in Germany and these are nazi sites. Period.

CNN and Washington post are for me news "sources" that are ankered in the middle of the society that honours democracy (I especially don't use the word "democratic" anymore because for alt right people, they immediately read it and shout out "liberals" as swearword - so sad!)

I also count Breitbart to the Nazi-Websites especially because the former chief of of misinformation and agent provocateur of this website, Steve Bannon the Cannon said this about himself: "Darkness is good… Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's Power. It only helps us when they (the liberals) get it wrong. When they are blind to who we are and what we're doing".
For me this is the commitment to a coupe.

I can't understand why weak GOP allows this man and his puppet Trumpel to ruin everything that made America ONCE great. Absolute desaster!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:58:10 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

*

StrikezOne

  • 1319
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5653 on: February 12, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
The links to zerohedge and WDN you presented attract and belong to individuals like those "Reichsbürger" I mentioned. I saw exact similar websites in Germany and these are nazi sites. Period.

CNN and Washington post are for me news "sources" that are ankered in the middle of the society that honours democracy....

So ZeroHedge is pretty much a nazi site but CNN and Washington Post honor democracy?

Well..... that just about explains a lot.

(I especially don't use the word "democratic" anymore because for alt right people, they immediately read it and shout out "liberals" as swearword - so sad!)

And how often have you shouted out "alt right" as swearword? Anything even teeny tiny bit conservative, you seem to shout alt right. Is that not sad?

Was it not sad when you couldnt criticize obama for 8 years because people would call you "racist"?

You can say "democratic" all you want. I dont know what your so afraid of. Arent the violent people on the left side? I mean, what percentage of people in the UNITED STATES is actually "alt right"? I would bet money and say less than 1%. I think a lot of people just automatically think that anyone who voted Trump is "alt right" which is indeed pretty pathetic and sad.
Imagine if Obama, Kamala, or Biden survived two assassination attempts and the media not publicly destroying the reputation of everyone who issued even the most mild criticism of them and then just dropping the story completely.

Yeah, I cannot either.

Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5654 on: February 12, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »
The links to zerohedge and WDN you presented attract and belong to individuals like those "Reichsbürger" I mentioned. I saw exact similar websites in Germany and these are nazi sites. Period.

CNN and Washington post are for me news "sources" that are ankered in the middle of the society that honours democracy....

So ZeroHedge is pretty much a nazi site but CNN and Washington Post honor democracy?

Well..... that just about explains a lot.

(I especially don't use the word "democratic" anymore because for alt right people, they immediately read it and shout out "liberals" as swearword - so sad!)

And how often have you shouted out "alt right" as swearword? Anything even teeny tiny bit conservative, you seem to shout alt right. Is that not sad?

Was it not sad when you couldnt criticize obama for 8 years because people would call you "racist"?

You can say "democratic" all you want. I dont know what your so afraid of. Arent the violent people on the left side? I mean, what percentage of people in the UNITED STATES is actually "alt right"? I would bet money and say less than 1%. I think a lot of people just automatically think that anyone who voted Trump is "alt right" which is indeed pretty pathetic and sad.

Your posts explain so much to me. so so much. It's an eye opener about the altright. Thanks.

In western nations usually 25% of the people find postive things about the Nazi's.
So alt right is around 25% +/- something depending on the nation. And usually another 25% are collaborating because they see advantages for them. And the soon as the bigger part of the remaining 50% start to live in fear then you got the next Nazi-Nation being born.

your 1% is laughable trying to mislead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:28:17 PM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.