*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »
Annoyed old men annoy me.

Ooops! I annoy myself.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »
People who just won`t let things go.

clickit
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

tdotter

  • 16284
    • Moistpubes2-the return of the goo!
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
This!

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
 
I hate people who generalize, and everyone here does it all the time.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »
 ::)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12423
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »
From my job:

1. People who call the office asking for basic information on their case, but do not have either the information we need to bring up their case or anything to write down the information we give them at the ready.

2. People who cannot read. When we send out an "income execution" telling people they have to send us money, both the cover letter and the instruction sheet go out on office letterhead (with our address at the top of the page). The instructions also clearly give our address for sending payments to. Seems like every day, someone calls and asks, "Where do I send the payments?"
rtpoe

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow...

Van Morrison, Moondance

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9227
    • CyberLee
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
Youtube videos of slide shows!

Either make a movie or a slide show, but don't make movie of a slideshows and force me to watch the slideshow at your pace!
I hate downloading porn of a movie that turned out to be a slideshow!

There ought to be a place where you can post pictures and people can watch it like a slide show...........I know! .......... It's something that is a very popular social media web page!!!!?!?!?!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

AgentDee

  • giant boobs are awesome!
  • 8603
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
people who upload videos to YouTube that is footage that was shot with a video camera pointed at a TV, for god sakes get a cheap video capture device and convert it on your computer THEN upload it to YouTube *argh*.

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
It is very close to an election. My state uses mail-in voting. I generally vote and send in my ballot the day I get it. The county compiles a list of who has voted. Some campaigns use that list to call and ask for which measures I voted.

Those calls annoy me.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Things that annoy me.
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »
I was sure we already had a thread like this, but search says otherwise. If so, please PM me a link and I'll merge them. TIA.

This annoys me:

When people say "alright, alright, alright" ala Matthew McConaughey at the 86th annual Academy Awards. I still hear it in public, as recently as yesterday. It's just as profoundly ridiculous and off-putting as when people use/used "winning" (Charlie Sheen) or "that's hawt" or just "hawt" (Paris Hilton). Cripes, it sounded stupid coming out of the mouths of those three... to emulate it is somehow even worse.

None of these three are great minds or cultural treasures by any stretch of the imagination (don't give me that BS about their 'success' ...having money/being overpaid/inheriting money is NOT evidence of ANYthing OTHER than having money/being overpaid/inheriting money). Thus the endless parroting of their utterances (ad nauseum/ad infinitum) can only be explained by our slavish worship to the cult of **29**, coupled with 'innovations' of our social/media-saturated society, where the least little verbal dingleberry can 'go viral' and become a 'meme.'

I wonder how future generations will regard what's been wrought at the start of the 21st century.

[/cantankerous codger mode]

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Things that annoy me.
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »
^ Hey man, I dig. (going waaaay back)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Things that annoy me.
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:34 PM »
Yeah, there used to be a thread here for things that annoy us, but it has vanished and search can't find it, and that annoys me.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Things that annoy me.
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »
It`s on page 3. http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,394234.0.html

Pal says: thanks gOOb... no idea why it didn't come up in search. Merging now. :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:36:44 PM by Palomine »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
You know what annoys me? Being given the hard sell on a timeshare. I hate timeshares. I will never purchase one, because I don't need one, and I will never need one. I mean, ever. And yet this doofus wants me to travel three hours into the middle of Bumblefuck, at my own expense mind you, to listen to a two-hour lecture on why a timeshare will be great for me.

I
DON'T
WANT
A
FUCKING
TIMESHARE!

OK?

Oh, and don't tell me "This call will be recorded for training purposes" and not expect me to want to record the call myself, and then get snippy with me when I tell you I'm recording it too. Dumbass doofus dickhead timeshare seller! FAWK

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:17:24 PM by TheZookie007 »
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: Things That Annoy Me
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »
You know what annoys me? Being given the hard sell on a timeshare. I hate timeshares. I will never purchase one, because I don't need one, and I will never need one. I mean, ever. And yet this doofus wants me to travel three hours into the middle of Bumblefuck, at my own expense mind you, to listen to a two-hour lecture on why a timeshare will be great for me.

I
DON'T
WANT
A
FUCKING
TIMESHARE!

OK?

Oh, and don't tell me "This call will be recorded for training purposes" and not expect me to want to record the call myself, and then get snippy with me when I tell you I'm recording it too. Dumbass doofus dickhead timeshare seller! FAWK



Zookie, I honor your irritation.

One of the few things that older folks can do for younger folks is offer suggestions to make life simpler. About five years ago, when I quit practicing law, I discovered that if someone calls me up and says, "How would you like a free trip to (Las Vegas)(Miami)(Sheboygan)?", it is not only entirely fine to hang up, but they will almost never call back.

Or, worse yet, the phone rings, and I pick it up, and there is a series of sounds on the other end that tells me I have just been auto-dialed and the auto-dialer is looking for someone to give me a sales pitch. I can hang up before anybody gets a chance to make me an offer of a lifetime.

It is not a crime, nor even a sin, to hang up on the fuckers.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.