*

SwitcherX

  • Legend
  • 6952
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
What did you do when Cartman and Cthulhu showed up?


 :P
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister


"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

*

LittleHelp

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 14
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 03:37:10 AM »
BUMP for 2011 tickets going on sale today for $210 at 10 AM Pacific. As ol' Dr. Gonzo instructed, "Buy the ticket, take the ride."
____________
Little Help?

*

bignatslover

  • P Cup
  • 5360
    • I love the BEA
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
So all you guys who have been to Burning Man (since I have not) -
would you say the ladies in attendance are a little bit more promiscuous
than those in your average college bar, or about the same -
or perhaps to such a far greater magnitude that an exponential scale would
first need to be plotted?

*

Goldeneye

  • The Midas Look
  • 12443
  • The Midas Look
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
Love this playa pic.

Am I the only one who wants to know who the fuck this is?

*

prophoto

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 12
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 02:08:08 AM »
So all you guys who have been to Burning Man (since I have not) -
would you say the ladies in attendance are a little bit more promiscuous
than those in your average college bar, or about the same -
or perhaps to such a far greater magnitude that an exponential scale would
first need to be plotted?

Burning man is like real life, only fractured.

That is, all the popular guys with all the resources have all the hot chics.  It is equivalent to all the rich guys in the real world get all the hot girls.  So, if you happen to be doing something that makes a lot of waves and people notice, you get lots of attention.  If you are just the average joe...you are just the average joe. 

I camp with OT, for those of you who can figure that out, yes, that OT.  And Yes, I took a bunch of drugs and had sex with a number of unnamed females in many places that I am yet to understand.  But, Burningman is not about chics or sex-- especially when most of the girls end up with playa dust inside their ...love caverns, and this can cause the guys to get crazy rashes on their...Performance art staffs.  Not that I would know about any of this stuff.


*

Klcarsite

  • A Cup
  • 119
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »
Posted in the youtube random thread, but appropriate here:  sample pack of someone else's playa adventures

-Munch "gives a good feel for what the event is about" Wolf

Oooh...  *squee*   ...19 more weeks!!
I stopped fighting my inner demons: we're on the same side now.

*

Klcarsite

  • A Cup
  • 119
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:42 AM »
Posted in the youtube random thread, but appropriate here:  sample pack of someone else's playa adventures

-Munch "gives a good feel for what the event is about" Wolf

Ooh!  That video was awesome.  *squee*  19 more weeks...
I stopped fighting my inner demons: we're on the same side now.

*

MunchWolf

  • What Tagline?
  • 11463
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
So... just a few more weeks ... who's going?

-Munch "besides me and the above person" Wolf

*

Palomine

  • Moderator
  • 24024
  • Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
Bring back some of this, will ya Munch?


*

NAFOD

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 18
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
I'm currently in Fallon, NV.

The week leading up to BM, had a hell of a lot of people in town. I saw a lot leaving today in Sparks and Fernley (gas/food stops on way home)

Attachment is Burning Man from 20,000 feet. Not my pic, but from another pilot in my squadron.

*

Bad Kitty

  • A Cup
  • 1067
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
I always wanted to go to burning man.

i hope I get a chance to before it becomes too comercial ;)
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)

*

MunchWolf

  • What Tagline?
  • 11463
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 12:58:43 PM »
too commercial?

That's like saying a religion is becoming to sciency

-Munch "Burning Man is the Anti-Mall" Wolf

*

Bad Kitty

  • A Cup
  • 1067
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »
for now yes...
I've seen it happen over and over though...

suits & ties can find their way into any niche, and once they nest they multiply like crazy, and Orkin can't do anything about them. And next thing you know, you need a budweiser parking pass, and the flammable materials for the burning man have been brought to you by Sony, and the music is some generic crap that must be played 17 times a day on the radio contractually, and it's actually the "verizon wireless burning man event, keeping you connected" and if you call it anything else verizon will sue you for breaching their licensed title agreement.

have you never seen this sort of thing before?
if 100,000 people are going to burning man, I assure you, there are backroom corporate boardrooms brainstorming all day about how to break in on the action.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:14:49 PM by Bad Kitty »
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)

*

MunchWolf

  • What Tagline?
  • 11463
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »
You do know what burning man is, don't you?  Decommodification is one of the founding Principles.

Quote
Decommodification
In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

-Munch "as someone who has been there, to suggest sponsorship could happen is an alien concept .. it's as likely as suggesting the Catholic Church universally renouncing their faith for atheism" Wolf

*

Bad Kitty

  • A Cup
  • 1067
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
Re: Burning Man
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:15 AM »
yes, i know what it is. (this debate will go much faster if you give me a bit more benefit of the doubt)

I think you simply underestimate the fact that I can't think of anything that has promoted decommodification, that didn't eventually succumb to money in the long run.

which is why... I want to go to burning man while it's still a virgin. (my original posted sentiment)

it was a bit of a tongue in cheek jibe at this seemingly unavoidable trend, that everything sells out eventually. The comment was in a context similar to "I'd like to use a cell phone before they're all iphones" or some similarly satirical statement.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:03:31 AM by Bad Kitty »
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)