*

Eliza D

  • A Cup
  • 2251
  • Eliza DewliDDil
    • Email
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »
I've tried to let this go by, and I can't.

Sol just doesn't get the idea of what choice is. People who self-describe as "pro-life" believe that a pregnant woman should be prohibited by law from having any choice in the outcome of her pregnancy. People who self-describe as "pro-choice" believe that a pregnant woman should be the ultimate decider of the outcome of her pregnancy.

LOL... I was just teasing him about saying "pro-abortion" instead of "pro-choice".  I understood what he meant, I just thought it was funny, 'cause pro-life means always choosing life.  Therefore, proabortion would mean always choosing abortion: meaning every pregnancy would be ended in abortion.  Goodness, I was just pokin' some fun.  :P  My asumption was that solvegas knew the difference but simply used a term which slips out of people's mouths sometimes, but which, technically speaking, would make no sense unless one wished to end humanity.  :)

In any case, my intention was not to "point fingers" or say who's right or who's wrong on anything.

What this all has to do with Mississippi is beyond me.  :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:44:28 PM by Eliza D »
It's all about the fantasy...
~ELIZA DewliDDil
                                        ALL PICTURES COPYRIGHT © ELIZA DEWLIDDIL

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »
Eliza, I'm glad you made your point (even as we continue to test Mississippi's forbearance).  For all that which is called controversy, there's one point in the whole discussion of abortion which goes unnoticed, perhaps because it's so obvious: namely, that no one ever speaks of abortion as an absolute good in and of itself, in its own right.  It's difficult to imagine any woman thinking "I want an aborted fetus, better get pregnant first so I can then go abort it."  What would she do with it anyway, save it in a jar?  No one seeks abortion in itself, for its own sake, but as a means to another end.  Which is exactly the point which the whole "Hear, you must confront these giant graphic pictures" brigade misses.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »
Mississippi is making progress. ;)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Mississippi is making progress. ;)



Goob, don't wish to rain on your parade but they claim to be from Georgia, not Mississippi. May not matter much but I know Georgians don't wish to be confused with Mississippians.  ;) ;D

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
.....and I need glasses. :P
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

Eliza D

  • A Cup
  • 2251
  • Eliza DewliDDil
    • Email
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »
^But, at least, Georgia is making progress!  ;D
It's all about the fantasy...
~ELIZA DewliDDil
                                        ALL PICTURES COPYRIGHT © ELIZA DEWLIDDIL

*

Ninjaturtle

  • XXX Cup
  • 1886
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
Mississippi and Florida are the two states I hear the most nonsensical stuff come out of. This being one of them.

Also, I'm pro-notbeinganasshole. Straight up.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 02:16:58 AM »
Mississippi and Florida are the two states I hear the most nonsensical stuff come out of. This being one of them.

Also, I'm pro-notbeinganasshole. Straight up.

Kansas is competing with 'em.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

DruulEmpire

  • Freakin' Huge!
  • 12880
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »
Yeah, Thomas Frank has been wondering about that place. ;)

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
Personally, I think gOOber makes Mississippi great.  ;)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
Personally, I think gOOber makes Mississippi great.  ;)
We southern guys say,"Aw shucks."
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

SwitcherX

  • Legend
  • 6955
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 04:28:49 AM »
I've met pro-life people and pro-choice people, but never one who was pro-abortion.   :P

Here's a bunch of them. :P
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister


"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
What makes Mississippi great? Well, there's South Carolina:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) said Tuesday that America’s educational troubles began when women began working outside the home in large numbers.

Bryant was participating in a Washington Post Live event focused on the importance of ensuring that children read well by the end of third grade. In response to a question about how America became “so mediocre” in regard to educational outcomes, he said:


"I think both parents started working. The mom got in the work place."




The way it should be.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:36:34 PM by gOOber »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

tdotter

  • 16284
    • Moistpubes2-the return of the goo!
Re: What Makes Mississippi Great
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
 ;D
Goober will be receiving his invitation to be the grand marshal at the Women's Day parade any day now.